Each Possible Order

Is there any way to get every possible so for example 123 returns

I didnt know what to search for, sorry if its been posted before

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Hi there!

Put these variables in an array and then see the helpfile in "_ArraySort":

#include <Array.au3>
_ArraySort ( ByRef $a_Array, [$i_Descending[, $i_Base=0[, $i_Ubound=0[, $i_Dim=1[, $i_SortIndex=0]]]]] )

Hope that'l help,

Gr33tz

Tafkadasom2k5

EDIT: Oh, I've missunderstood youre Question.... :think:

I'll try again later, OK? xD

Edited by Tafkadasom2k5

i don't see how that'll help. I have a variable

$var=123456789
and i want every possible order to be put into an array

$var[0]=123456789
$var[1]=123456798
$var[2]=123456987
or something like that.
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• Moderators

/dev/null wrote this:

func rotate($sString, $nRotateLevel)

local $aStringArray = StringSplit($sString,"")
    local $nStartRotate = $aStringArray[0] - $nRotateLevel + 1
    local $n, $tempchar, $tempstr = "", $retval = ""

for $n = 1 to $nStartRotate - 1
        $tempstr= $tempstr & $aStringArray[$n]
    next

$tempchar = $aStringArray[$nStartRotate]

for $n = $nStartRotate+1 to $aStringArray[0]
        $retval = $retval & $aStringArray[$n]
    next

$retval = $tempstr & $retval & $tempchar

return $retval
endfunc

func permute_internal($sString, $nRotateLevel, byref $permutations)

local $n, $str
    dim $arr[$nRotateLevel]

if $nRotateLevel = 2 then
       $permutations = $permutations & ":" & rotate($sString,$nRotateLevel)
       return
    endif

$str = $sString
    for $n = 0 to $nRotateLevel -1
        $str = rotate($str,$nRotateLevel)
        $arr[$n] = $str

;--- special check, to stop a level beeing printed twice ---
        if not (($n = 0) AND (StringLen($sString) > $nRotateLevel)) then
           $permutations = $permutations & ":" & $arr[$n]
        endif

permute_internal($arr[$n],$nRotateLevel-1,$permutations)
    next

endfunc

func permute($sString)

global $permutations = ""
     permute_internal($sString,StringLen($sString),$permutations)
     $permutations = StringTrimLeft($permutations,1)

return StringSplit($permutations,":")
endfunc

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
;--  MAIN
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

$permutarray = permute("1234")

$msg = ""
for $n = 1 to $permutarray[0]
   $msg = $msg & $permutarray[$n] & @CRLf
next

msgbox(0,"", $msg)
And it works...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

thanks Smoke_N!!

thanks Smoke_N!!

This link is a better solution as it describes factoradic permutations. Of course you'll have to prove the math for yourself but it's totally non-recursive and therefore rips the recursive algorithms to shreds, especially if you are want very large permutation lists.

• Moderators

This link is a better solution as it describes factoradic permutations. Of course you'll have to prove the math for yourself but it's totally non-recursive and therefore rips the recursive algorithms to shreds, especially if you are want very large permutation lists.

Do you have that broken down so it can be used in AutoIt?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Do you have that broken down so it can be used in AutoIt?

SmOke_N, I have the .Net code on my machine and it compiles cleanly and executes successfully. If you think it has general appeal to a wider audience I'd be happy to write an AutoIT function to do the same.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

• Moderators

SmOke_N, I have the .Net code on my machine and it compiles cleanly and executes successfully. If you think it has general appeal to a wider audience I'd be happy to write an AutoIT function to do the same.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

I think a more efficient method for a permutation function would be wonderful personally, I've never sat down personally to try and perfect it, after 8 or 9 digits, it does get a bit lengthy.

I timed 7 through 9 and this is what it showed: (3.7 ghz / 2 gig ddr)

2.01868863094332 seconds for 7 numbers (5,040 combinations)

1 minute, 54.901296673181 seconds for 8 numbers (40,320 combinations)

And Wow...

6 hours, 26 minutes, and 6.4094553917 seconds for 9 numbers (362,880 combinations)

I think a more efficient method for a permutation function would be wonderful personally, I've never sat down personally to try and perfect it, after 8 or 9 digits, it does get a bit lengthy.

2.01868863094332 seconds for 7 numbers (5,040 combinations)

1 minute, 54.901296673181 seconds for 8 numbers (40,320 combinations)

And Wow...

6 hours, 26 minutes, and 6.4094553917 seconds for 9 numbers (362,880 combinations)

With times like those I definitely see a case for adopting the factoradic math solution. I have a lot on my plate at work and home but I'll certainly get round to doing it! :think:

• 2 weeks later...

And Wow...

SmOke_N, I think I can improve on that. Using the factoradic math solution I generated all 362880 permutations for order-9 in approximately 15 minutes 50 seconds! I'm about 85% completed with the coding so I'll touch base with you later about publishing the library of functions I've written.

Edit: I calculated the 45,436,342,987,433th permutation of order-123. It took 0.3149s.

Edited by Peter Hamilton-Scott