Noob Question

i am trying to make my computer press and hold down the following keys, ctrl alt delete but when i use the autoit scriptwriter all i get is the following code:

Send("{CTRLDOWN}{ALTDOWN}{CTRLUP}{ALTUP}")

for some reason it doesn't show the delete key within it, and even when i add the delete code...

Send("{CTRLDOWN}{ALTDOWN}{DELETEDOWN}{CTRLUP}{ALTUP}{DELETEUP")

it still doesn't work, can any1 tell me how to fix this?

Post the whole code plz and ill try a hand at it

whats the purpose of it anyway

EDIT: Oh what am i thinking?

Sorry but windows does not allow the simulation of the CTRL+ALT+DEL

For proof, see

http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/docs/

and find the Send command in the function list

However if you objective is to close a certain program, you could use "WinKill" "WinClose" or "WinWaitclose"

(also in the fuction list)

Edited by Paulie

the whole point of it is so at my school i can make it so if my friends open a certain file on their computer it will hit ctr+alt+delete then enter twice so that they log out =p its just a gag program i am working on but it won't let me use the delete key

• Moderators

As i remeber, autoit can not emulate the Ctrl+Alt+delete keys.

Certain special keys can be sent and should be enclosed in braces:

N.B. Windows does not allow the simulation of the "CTRL-ALT-DEL" combination!

You need to check / look up, the windows combinations you can't override.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

the whole point of it is so at my school i can make it so if my friends open a certain file on their computer it will hit ctr+alt+delete then enter twice so that they log out =p its just a gag program i am working on but it won't let me use the delete key

Oh well if this is what you want try this sequenc of mousemoves( "only works with default windows XP settings")

MouseMove(47, 1014, 99)
MouseClick("left", 47, 1014,)
MouseMove(296, 972, 99)
MouseClick("left", 296, 972,)
MouseMove(634, 358, 99)
MouseClick("left", 634, 358)

This moves their mouse to "start-turn off computer-turn off" super slowly and unstobably right in front of their eyes

Or just use the shutdown command

Shutdown(0); This logs off
Shutdown(1); Shutsdown
Shutdown(2);reboots
Edited by Paulie

Another alternative, since I'm guessing you don't really want to log off their computer and potentially lose whatever they're working on and thus turning your little joke into them being pissed off at you if they figure out you're the one who did it, would be send the equivalent of the Windows key and the letter l (as in Larry).. That will lock the station (at least on Windows XP) and they should be able to just log back in without losing anything.

Another alternative, since I'm guessing you don't really want to log off their computer and potentially lose whatever they're working on and thus turning your little joke into them being pissed off at you if they figure out you're the one who did it, would be send the equivalent of the Windows key and the letter l (as in Larry).. That will lock the station (at least on Windows XP) and they should be able to just log back in without losing anything.

Well he did want to push Ctrl+alt+del!

and i think it would be even funnier ( I did this at my school)

to use "blockinput" to practially randomly disableheir ability to use their mouse/keyboard/both

Blockinput(0)
sleep(30000)
Blockinput(1)
Sleep(30000)
Blockinput(0)
sleep(30000)
Blockinput(1)
Sleep(30000)
Blockinput(0)
sleep(30000)
Blockinput(1)
Sleep(30000)
Blockinput(0)
sleep(30000)
Blockinput(1)

That gets really annoying when your yring to type a paper and all of a sudden the keyboard stops for 30 secs :think:

EDIT:

Now that i think about it,

throw a few "CDTray" to RELLY scare the stuff outta them

CDTray("E:", "open")
CDTray("E:", "close")
CDTray("E:", "open")

I guess im just having too much fun with the prank programs :(

Edited by Paulie

seriously why does everyone resort to ctrl alt delete when its as simple as

run("taskmgr")
^^

Funny how i never think of that :think:

but actualy they just wanted ctrl+alt+del for a quick logout of the computers not for tskmgr itself

seriously why does everyone resort to ctrl alt delete when its as simple as

run("taskmgr")
Well if you're on Win2k, or at least on the Win2k machines at my school, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del does not make the task manager start. Instead, it switches to a blank screen with a box with 6 choices on it, including lock, log off, shut down, task manager, cancel, and one other I forget.