ZIP File Creation in Pure AutoIt by Spyrorocks and the DtTvB

the DtTvB

Well, after 4 hours of working, I, and spyrorocks finally did it!

Here is the source code: source.zip

Actually, the source code zip file was made using this script also.

Limitations:

• You must create a folder first or the archive may corrupt.
  • No compression, man!
Credits:If you see any bugs please report.

the DtTvB

Wow, that's cool! Interesting idea, and great work going through with it. This is definately useful in many ways, I'm sure somebody will greatly appreciate this when they happen to need it. Keep up the excellent work, both of you, I can't wait to see what you can come up with next.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

Very good. This will make it much easier to add a sort of database functionality to an autoit script.

I warn about adding compression code to it though, the compression code would run real slow in autoit. The best way to do it would be to use an external dll file written in a much faster lower level language like c or c++. This would destroy the point of compiling the script with no external libraries, but when i wrote a patcher in autoit, autoit was impossibly slow at manipulating binary data. The same program written in c++ could do it instantly. So i just ended up re-writing the patcher in a faster language. :P

Good work, but just a heads up if you plan to persue this.

-The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

This is really good. It has great potential because there is nothing external needed.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...