Auto3Lib

PaulIA

Release new code with the following additions/changes:

1. Added the ability to control the Event Log. You can open, read and write to the event log and even create your own event log source for your applications.

2. Added a _TreeView_ClickItem function to the TreeView module.

3. Added a stub module that will (eventually) contain more network authentication and security related API calls.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Release new code with the following additions/changes:

1. Added the ability to control the Event Log. You can open, read and write to the event log and even create your own event log source for your applications.

2. Added a _TreeView_ClickItem function to the TreeView module.

3. Added a stub module that will (eventually) contain more network authentication and security related API calls.

WOW! is Paul fast or what!!

Well done, you are the MAN! :whistle:

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

Minor code optimizing in A3LTreeView.au3:

original:

Func _TreeView_SetChecked($hWnd, $hItem, $bCheck)
  if _TreeView_GetChecked($hWnd, $hItem) then
    if not $bCheck then
      _TreeView_Select($hWnd, $hItem)
      _SendKey($hWnd, 32)
    endif
  else
    if $bCheck then
      _TreeView_Select($hWnd, $hItem)
      _SendKey($hWnd, 32)
    endif
  endif
EndFunc
oÝ÷ Úmh³yÖ®¶­sdgVæ2õG&VUfWuõ6WD6V6¶VBb33c¶væBÂb33c¶FVÒÂb33c¶$6V6²¢Æö6Âb33c¶$6V6¶V@¢¢b33c¶$6V6¶VBÒõG&VUfWuôvWD6V6¶VBb33c¶væBÂb33c¶FVÒ¢bb33c¶$6V6¶VBæBæ÷Bb33c¶$6V6²÷"æ÷Bb33c¶$6V6¶VBæBb33c¶$6V6²FVà¢õG&VUfWuõ6VÆV7Bb33c¶væBÂb33c¶FVÒ¢õ6VæD¶Wb33c¶væBÂ3"¢VæF`¤VæDgVæ0

Great and well coded/documented library!! Nice stuff for learning :whistle:

Edited by Zedna

This is the way I did it with mouse co-ord set to client.

If $Room = "tec support" Then
        _TreeView_Select($hTree, $hNext, $TVGN_FIRSTVISIBLE)
        MsgBox(0,"TECH ROOM FOUND!!","")
        ClickInControl("Left",$Browser,"",$hWind,10,10)
    EndIf   oÝ÷ Ù*2¢êìÂ¥u·¬¢g­)à)jëh×6Func _TreeView_ClickItem($hWnd, $hItem, $sButton="left", $iClicks=1, $iSpeed=1)
  Local $rPoint, $iMode, $iX, $iY
  $rPoint = _ClientToScreen($hWnd, _PointFromRect(_TreeView_GetItemRect($hWnd, $hItem)))
  _GetXYFromPoint($rPoint, $iX, $iY)
  $iMode  = Opt("MouseCoordMode", 1)
;;MouseClick($sButton, $iX, $iY, $iClicks, $iSpeed)
ClickInControl($sButton,$Win,hWnd,$iX,SiY)
  Opt("MouseCoordMode", $iMode)
EndFunc
not tested...

Correct, I`m writing a program for some else to use, and seeing the mouse move on its own could cause some concern, plus I think its kind of neater to do it that way.. :whistle:

Don't know if this is the right thread to post my qusetion here.. Posting it here as PaulIA suggested me to post Auto3Lib realted queries on Auto3Lib thread.

_ListView_FindString() doesn't work on 64 bit Windows machine. Any comments?

It's highly unlikely you'll be able to interact with a 64-bit process from 32-bit AutoIt. That includes Auto3Lib which is a 32-bit DLL. You would need a 64-bit version of AutoIt, which is not provided, and a 64-bit version of Auto3Lib.

It's highly unlikely you'll be able to interact with a 64-bit process from 32-bit AutoIt. That includes Auto3Lib which is a 32-bit DLL. You would need a 64-bit version of AutoIt, which is not provided, and a 64-bit version of Auto3Lib.

:whistle: I don't see a DLL here, just a lot of UDFs. Was one added? What is it used for?

:whistle: I don't see a DLL here, just a lot of UDFs. Was one added? What is it used for?

Auto3Lib started out in life as a Dll so that I could do POC work and get up to speed with AutoIt. I then converted the Dll into the AutoIt code you see today.

Auto3Lib started out in life as a Dll so that I could do POC work and get up to speed with AutoIt. I then converted the Dll into the AutoIt code you see today.

And since I don't follow this project, I wasn't aware of this.

At any rate, my initial comment stands. 64-bit and 32-bit processes do not communicate like 32-bit/32-bit or 64-bit/64-bit. I imagine there may be a way to marshal the data in some form or another but not having 64-bit hardware/software to test with, I can't say.

64-bit and 32-bit processes do not communicate like 32-bit/32-bit or 64-bit/64-bit. I imagine there may be a way to marshal the data in some form or another but not having 64-bit hardware/software to test with, I can't say.

Way too much work for the few that would find it useful. I figure I'll get 64 bit hardware/software about the same time that AutoIt is available in a 64 bit version. :whistle: