Auto3Lib

PaulIA

Hello!

Something seems to not work with my pms. I cannot use the message-system on this site at the moment. Therefore I post, what I wanted to write to PaulIA:

Hi PaulIA! I started a CHM-File for Auto3Lib. Before I put much more time and energy into it, I thought I want to talk back to you. I would like to send you, what I got so far to see if you would recommend any changes or other things. What do you think?

Greetings, autocart

Hello!

Something seems to not work with my pms. I cannot use the message-system on this site at the moment. Therefore I post, what I wanted to write to PaulIA:

I think there are some limitations for users in Group Members as somebody somewhere in this forum said. Only users in group Full Members have all permissions.

Hello!

Hi PaulIA! I started a CHM-File for Auto3Lib. Before I put much more time and energy into it, I thought I want to talk back to you. I would like to send you, what I got so far to see if you would recommend any changes or other things. What do you think?

Greetings, autocart

I got your PM and replied, so it may be something with permissions if you didn't get it. Can you email me what you have? See my profile for the email address.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Hi PaulIA!

I would like to, but i don't even see your e-mail address. (I get an error which says "Sorry, you are not permitted to send an email via this board.")

Could you send me an e-mail to: s t b a r t l A T i n o d e D O T a t

then i can answer you e-mail. That would be nice. Thank's already.

sincerely, autocart

P.S.: About that error. If it has to do with the member/full member status - I didn't find anywere on this website any help for how to become a full member, nor that this would be the reason for the problem. Also no notification, nothing. The error just popped up from one day to the next. Does anybody know how I can become a full member, if that's the reason.

To the administration: This is very annoying. The first thing about AutoIt3 which I don't like.

Hi PaulIA!

I would like to, but i don't even see your e-mail address. (I get an error which says "Sorry, you are not permitted to send an email via this board.")

Might want to PM one of the mods to see if this is a bug or at least have them tell you why you can't email members. I know that they recently made some changes to the board, so that might have something to do with it. Send the help file to: vendorinfo at mchsi dot com

P.S.: About that error. If it has to do with the member/full member status - I didn't find anywere on this website any help for how to become a full member, nor that this would be the reason for the problem. Also no notification, nothing. The error just popped up from one day to the next. Does anybody know how I can become a full member, if that's the reason.

To the administration: This is very annoying. The first thing about AutoIt3 which I don't like.

Look here JDeb mentioned something about that ...

Func _SendMessage() from your A3LWinAPI.au3 is defined also in standard include Misc.au3.

So if I have:

#include <misc.au3> 
#include <A3LWinAPI.au3>
then compile error will exposed...
_SendMessage was added to Misc.au3 after Auto3Lib was released. I've been trying to stick with the official code release, but I may have to start coding for the betas instead. The problem with the _SendMessage UDF in Misc.au3 is that it doesn't do any error checking, doesn't use a cached DLL handle and I just added code to mine so that you can pass an AutoIt control ID instead of a window handle. ;)

I'll have to think about how to deal with this. For now, just comment out the call in A3LWinAPI.au3 if you need to use Misc.au3.

_TreeView_ClickItem($hTree, $hNext, $sButton="left", $bMove=False)

This places the mouse pointer over the item I want to click, but does`nt click the item...

I know I can add a mouse click, but I`d rather know why your function does`nt work...

Thanks.

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

_TreeView_ClickItem($hTree, $hNext, $sButton="left", $bMove=False)

This places the mouse pointer over the item I want to click, but does`nt click the item...

I know I can add a mouse click, but I`d rather know why your function does`nt work...

Thanks.

If you take a look at the TreeView demos that I provided, you can see that the UDF works. You might even be able to figure out why YOUR code doesn't work if you study them. If you still think that there is a bug in this function, post a short script that shows the problem you are having.

Sorry, if I came across as being over critical there Paul, you are doing a truely amazing job providing these functions!

_Treeview_Clickitem is not in the Treeview demo script you provided, is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks as always.

NP. I could use a little work on my reply too. :">

Here's a short script that opens up Explorer and clicks on each item:

#include <A3LTreeView.au3>

Run("c:\windows\explorer.exe")
_WinWaitActive("My Documents")
$hTree = ControlGetHandle("My Documents", "", "SysTreeView321")
$hNext = _TreeView_GetRoot($hTree)

while $hNext <> 0
  _TreeView_ClickItem($hTree, $hNext, "left")
  $hNext = _TreeView_GetNext($hTree, $hNext)
  Sleep(1000)
wend

Is this something similar to what you want to do? If not, can you PM me with a section of code that shows the problem you're having?

This release contains a LOT of changes. I would appreciate feedback on bugs that you find or enhancements that you might have.

After getting a lot of feedback from users, I have decided to compile Auto3Lib for the latest betas instead of the official release. It appears that most of the people using Auto3Lib are using the beta, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem. This should eliminate the problem with the duplicate constants and functions.

I have depreciated several of the Auto3Lib functions (mainly in A3LLibrary.au3) in favor of existing functions in AutoIt. Most of the functions were there from the early stages of development and in some cases, were making unnecessary calls that were affecting performance. If you used these calls in your code, you can simply do a search/replace to remove the leading underscore and everything should work.

Though the focus of Auto3Lib has been on working with external controls, several people have asked how to use them with controls created using the GUICtrlCreate methods. My stand on this is that you should use the AutoIt functions when you can unless you need to do something that AutoIt doesn't do natively. I'm not trying to replace the existing UDFs and they should be used where it makes sense. However, if you want to use Auto3Lib on controls created by Auto3Lib, you can. I have reworked the modules so that they will work with controls created with AutoIt without using the memory allocation functions.

The Security module functions have been rewritten to return arrays instead of structures. I've also added several other API functions to this library to assist in working with domains, accounts and Sids.

Also be noted that I'm working on getting some of the functionality into the beta includes.

This will take time, be patient.

If we can make the function work both on AutoIt and external created controls we'll do what we can to get them worked into the include/help files with updated examples.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

NP. I could use a little work on my reply too. :">

Here's a short script that opens up Explorer and clicks on each item:

#include <A3LTreeView.au3>

Run("c:\windows\explorer.exe")
_WinWaitActive("My Documents")
$hTree = ControlGetHandle("My Documents", "", "SysTreeView321")
$hNext = _TreeView_GetRoot($hTree)

while $hNext <> 0
  _TreeView_ClickItem($hTree, $hNext, "left")
  $hNext = _TreeView_GetNext($hTree, $hNext)
  Sleep(1000)
wend

Is this something similar to what you want to do? If not, can you PM me with a section of code that shows the problem you're having?

My code works fine now paul, it did`nt like me putting in the variable names from the UDF...

Thanks for your help.

I cant start Toolbar.au3

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LLibrary.au3(50,60) : ERROR: _SendMessage(): undefined function.
  $iPos   = _HiWord(_SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_GETSEL, 0, 0)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Auto3Lib\Examples\Toolbar.au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)