Auto3Lib

PaulIA

The $hWnd parameter is the window handle to the ListView. To find this, you use ControlGetHandle:

; Get the ListView handle
$hList = ControlGetHandle("Network Connections", "", "SysListView321")
if @Error then _ShowError("Unable to get ListView handle")

I believe if you study the example I wrote for you, you'll see how it all works.

hi paul

what did i miss here

$hdw = ControlGetHandle("Wireless Network Connections", "", "Listbox1")

$Index = _Listbox_FindString($hdw,"wlan")
if $Index = -1 then _ShowError("Unable to find Wireless Network Connection")
_Listbox_ClickItem($hdw,$Index)

I am get two errors

thanks beau

hi paul

what did i miss here

$hdw = ControlGetHandle("Wireless Network Connections", "", "Listbox1")

$Index = _Listbox_FindString($hdw,"wlan")
if $Index = -1 then _ShowError("Unable to find Wireless Network Connection")
_Listbox_ClickItem($hdw,$Index)

I am get two errors

thanks beau

You're looking for "Listbox1" instead of the "ListView" control. The example that I gave you works. All you needed to do was change the "Local Area Connections" string to "Wireless Network Connection" per your first post. Start with the script that I gave you and make it work first. Then use that working piece in your own code. If you're still having problems, PM me with your source and a copy of the errors that you are getting.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

What about adding your Auto3Lib into AutoIt instal package into directory Extras?

In this directory is for example SQLite.

I know that this library couldn't be standard UDF so this Extras directory will be fine by me.

What do you think PaulIA?

That would be fine by me, but I'm not sure the developers would agree that Auto3Lib is of value on a wide scale. Auto3Lib is really targeted at advanced AutoIt programmers with two main areas of focus:

The first is allowing you to manipulate controls in external applications by taking care of the memory marshalling. Gary has been using code from Auto3Lib to make his controls do the same thing, so eventually I suspect that all of the control UDFs will have this capability.

The second is exposing various classes of Windows API calls that aren't available in AutoIt (or haven't been fully exposed by other developers). This will probably be my ongoing focus once I finish up with the controls.

So, I'm not sure how the developers feel about Auto3Lib, but if you want to run your idea up the flag pole and see who salutes, be my guest. ;)

SQLite is for advanced AutoIt users too (and is in Extras).

And I think that all Auto3Lib functionality will not be in standard UDF's (no offence to anybody from developers) - it's too big project ;)

that's why I suggested to include Auto3Lib in Extras directory.

Edited by Zedna

SQLite is for advanced AutoIt users too (and is in Extras).

And I think that all Auto3Lib functionality will not be in standard UDF's (no offence to anybody from developers) - it's too big project ;)

that's why I suggested to include Auto3Lib in Extras directory.

That's true. I guess the degree of how important something is to you depends on how much you need it. :lmao:

That's true. I guess the degree of how important something is to you depends on how much you need it. ;)

Yes but AutoIt developers should be aware of that to make AutoIt language as much general as possible.

For example lack of ControlTreeView() functionality for several years is bad reality by me.

I used AutoItTreeViewExtension.dll for that missing gap in Autoit and now your Auto3Lib is the best solution.

So why not expose this great new general functionality in AutoIt package for others AutoIt users (maybe newbies which are not on this forum and only download AutoIt)?

I needn't it because I know about Auto3Lib and can download/use it as standalone, so it's suggestion not for me but for all others.

I needn't it because I know about Auto3Lib and can download/use it as standalone, so it's suggestion not for me but for all others.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always good to hear that people are finding this useful. I've had one of the mods change the description of this thread, so that may help people out with what Auto3Lib is all about.

No, I don't have a module for the SysTabControl yet, but I'll put it on the list of "to do" items. Thanks for the request.

Hate to see you re-inventing the wheel Paul, might look at what Is in Gui Tab Management in the help already, I'm sure there are things missing, but at least part of it is done already.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Hate to see you re-inventing the wheel Paul, might look at what Is in Gui Tab Management in the help already, I'm sure there are things missing, but at least part of it is done already.

I agree, no use of reinventing things if they already exist. But I think what he is referring to is a UDF that allows full control of the tab control in another application. I've been helping him with a script and I'm almost certain that is what he is trying to do.

I agree, no use of reinventing things if they already exist. But I think what he is referring to is a UDF that allows full control of the tab control in another application. I've been helping him with a script and I'm almost certain that is what he is trying to do.

Ok, have tried any from the there? they take a handle or control id.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Ok, have tried any from the there? they take a handle or control id.

I have no idea what he is trying to do with the control. The existing UDFs might work just fine. I don't think the problem is whether the existing UDFs accept a handle or a control ID. The existing UDFs handle the tab control quite well in a limited fashion, but don't they have the same problem that the other control UDFs have when you go to passing structures between your app and the external app?

Think the only one in the UDFs that uses a structure currently is the _GUICtrlTabGetItemRECT

The others are the basic Tab Messages.

What would be nice though, is to have some of the other tab messages like GetItemRect, HitTest and SetItem for external controls. But for 99.99% of the users out there, the current UDFs are more than enough! ;) Edited by PaulIA

Added Month Calendar control support. I've had a lot of questions lately about how to use the Toolbar and ToolTip controls, so I whipped up a NotePad script that shows how they all work together. I tried to keep this demo as simple as possible so that new users could at least understand the basics. There is a LOT better way to handle the messages using GUIRegisterMessage, but I thought I'd lose about 99% of the readers trying to explain how that works. If you want to see an example of how to use GUIRegisterMsg with the controls, check out the MonthCal demo.

I'm away for a week on vacation, so "Happy Thanksgiving!" ;)

Hi Paul that is what i was referring to

Beau

Some minor errors in Auto3Lib:

1) ListView.au3 (in Examples)

_ConsoleWrite($sCol & "image index .........: " & _ListView_GetColumnImage  ($hList, $iI))
    _ConsoleWrite($sCol & "spacing (horizongal) : " & _ListView_GetColumnImage  ($hList, $iI))
oÝ÷ Û­¢º-X§zȬ¶¬jgºw-ÜjYKËUìzШé§"f {`7,¸¬µXÁ«·jëh×6; ====================================================================================================
; Description ..: Maps the ID of an item to an index
; Parameters ...: $hList        - Handle to control
;                 $iIndex       - Zero based index of an item
; Return values : Returns the ID of the item
; Notes ........: Only available on Windows XP.
; ====================================================================================================
Func _ListView_MapIndexToID($hList, $iIndex)
  Return _SendMessage($hList, $LVM_MAPINDEXTOID, $iIndex, 0)
EndFunc
oÝ÷ Û­¢Ê&éí~ÃzÇ+b¢x¬m§h­×«¡òüÝ{Äÿop7-:(«jíÚºÚ"µÍÈOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBÈØÜ[ÛÜX]HH]U[YTXÚÈÛÛÛÈ[Y]È   ÌÍÚ[H[[ÜÝÛÚ[ÝÂÈ    ÌÍÚTÝ[HHÚ[ÝÈÝ[][[HÈHÛÛÛÛÛÈOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB[ÈÕÛÛÐÜX]J ÌÍÚ[ ÌÍÚTÝ[OL
B[[Â
--> bad control name in descrription Edited by Zedna