Duplicate declared values during compiling

nugame

I have a compiler problem and get this message - ERROR: $WM_GETTEXT previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $WM_GETTEXT = 0x000D. Here are my includes:

#include <SysTray_UDF.au3>

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#include <Date.au3>

#include <File.au3>

#include <pnplib.au3> ; my libraries of custom functions

This Const is in SysTray_UDF.au3 and WindowsConstants.au3 in GUIConstants.au3. Other language compilers I used handles duplicates but not here. I looked at the directives and saw nothing to resolve this. Is there some switch I can use to allow duplicate or what is the procedure to resolve this? Thanks.

Dr SherlockAlways a way

You could try to replace the code in them. Using IsDeclared solves this problem.

If (Not IsDeclared($WS_GETTEXT)) Then
     Global Const $WS_GETTEXT = 0x000D
EndIf

This will check if the constant was already declared. If it wasn't, then

declare it.

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

You could try to replace the code in them. Using IsDeclared solves this problem.

If (Not IsDeclared($WS_GETTEXT)) Then
EndIf
oÝ÷ Ù8b³¥È^rH¶¢{-j{pjÆ¥­æÉתÞtâ·¬m¶§uç%j·¢·ú®¢×mébz÷­«pY[¢fè­©pk+,k(­ßÛ'¢×^rV¢­ç^Ø^¯²jëh×6
If Not IsDeclared("WM_GETTEXT") Then Assign("$WM_GETTEXT", 0x000D)
Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

gets nasty, but the above won't work 100% correctly either.

best to just comment out the line in the UDF

This looks like it might work, but I think you'll find people like Valik that frown on this

Only difference is there is no $ in the IsDeclared

If (Not IsDeclared("WS_GETTEXT")) Then
EndIf
Edited by gafrost

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

I have always had problems with this

If Not IsDeclared(.....

never seems to work for me

8)

I don't think I've ever used it personally. I generally just edit my files as neccessary when I have issues like the above.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks for the fast update. I am trying to resolve the final code develeopment so I can deliver the next phase. I cannot comment out the UDF. This UDF was put it to deal with the icon left in the system tray after the process is killed. So, one has to hack around to make it work. Would this be a good feature for the compiler? I can make my own modified include file but could be the beginning of a maintenance nightmare. Any other thoughts before I customize?

Edited by nugame

Dr SherlockAlways a way

Thanks for the fast update. I am trying to resolve the final code develeopment so I can deliver the next phase. I cannot comment out the UDF. This UDF was put it to deal with the icon left in the system tray after the process is killed. So, one has to hack around to make it work. Would this be a good feature for the compiler? I can make my own modified include file but could be the beginning of a maintenance nightmare. Any other thoughts before I customize?

I didn't say comment out the UDF

best to just comment out the line in the UDF