Followers 0
James

_StealWinTitle() - Need help

12 posts in this topic

Hey,

I am currently working on a UDF which deals with:

• Fading GUI in
  • Steal a random window title and sets the AutoIt window title
I have the fading one done.. But the name steal is hard.

I currently have:

Func _StealWinTitle($iGUI)
    $iGUI = AutoItWinGetTitle()
EndFunc

The idea is, the UDF will create a list of all the windows which are currently available. Then it will randomly set the title of an AutoIt GUI from the available windows. But I have no idea how to do that.

So:

• Creates a list of the running windows
  • Randomly picks a window title
  • Sets the AutoIt window to the chosen name
If you still don't get it, ask me.

Thanks,

Secure

But why

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

Creates a list of the running windows - Use search button in the forum

Randomly picks a window title - Well a hint Random()

Sets the AutoIt window to the chosen name - Look inj the file containing help also know as helpfile...

And the

Func _StealWinTitle($iGUI)

$iGUI = AutoItWinGetTitle()

EndFunc

Cant be used to anything of the things you wanna acomplish :whistle:

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

This is what I did to solve this problem. Let me know if it works for you.

;Made by: Sardith
;Jeff
;Type: UDF?
;Renames a GUI to a random Running program title, that is visable, and isn't "".
;2-23-07

Dim $Program, $i, $Rvar

Func _Randomtitle($Debug = 1); Debug = 0, no Debug mode. Debug = 1, Debug mode. Shows a Debug tooltip.
$Program = WinList(); Gathers current running programs.
sleep(10)

Do 
    $Rvar = Random(1, $Program[0][0]); Randoms a program. Program 1- to current amount of running programs. '$Program[0][0]'

Until $Program[$Rvar][0] <> "" AND _IsVisible($Program[$Rvar][1]);Checks the program, to make sure it's not blank Window title, and if it's visable to the user.

If $Debug = 0 Then
    Sleep(10)

ElseIf $Debug = 1 Then

ToolTip("", 0, 0);Clears old tooltip. DEBUG
Sleep(10); DEBUS
ToolTip("Title= " & $Program[$Rvar][0] & @LF & "Handle= " & $Program[$Rvar][1], 0, 0);Test: Displays a random program gathered from Winlist. DEBUG
Sleep(1000); DEBUG
EndIf
EndFunc

Func _IsVisible($handle);Checks to see if program is visable to the current user.
  If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then 
    Return 1
  Else
    Return 0
  EndIf

EndFunc

Func _StealWinTitle(); Must keep the _Randomtitle placement. You also, must have a GUI created, $iGUI.
    $GUItitle = WinGetTitle($iGUI, "");Gets title of the parent GUI you created. AutoIt Help file variable = $iGUI
_Randomtitle("1")
WinSetTitle($GUItitle, "", $Program[$Rvar][0]); Renames the GUI title to a random program title.
EndFunc

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

This is what I did to solve this problem. Let me know if it works for you.

Mines a little shorter.

Func _StealWindowTitle($Title_to_Change)
$oldTitle=WinGetTitle($Title_to_Change)
Local $Window[100], $Title[100], $HWND[100], $number = 0
Local $WindowList = WinList()
For $i = 1 to $WindowList[0][0]
    If $WindowList[$i][0] <> "" And $WindowList[$i][0] <> "Program Manager" AND $WindowList[$i][0] <> $oldtitle AND IsVisible($WindowList[$i][1]) Then
        $number = $number + 1
        $HWND[$Number] = $WindowList[$i][1]
        $Title[$Number] = $WindowList[$i][0]
    EndIf
Next
WinSetTitle(WinGetHandle($oldtitle),"",$Title[Random(1,$number)])
EndFunc

Func IsVisible($handle)
        Return 1
    Else
        Return 0
    EndIf
EndFunc
Edited by Paulie

Mines a little shorter.

:) You bragging? :whistle:

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

:) You bragging? :whistle:

Who? me?! B):lol::P:lol::)

No way! :(

Paulie

The function _IsVisible() can be much shorter :whistle:

Func IsVisible($handle)
    Return  BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 )
EndFunc

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Mines a little shorter.

Func _StealWindowTitle($Title_to_Change)
$oldTitle=WinGetTitle($Title_to_Change)
Local $Window[100], $Title[100], $HWND[100], $number = 0
Local $WindowList = WinList()
For $i = 1 to $WindowList[0][0]
    If $WindowList[$i][0] <> "" And $WindowList[$i][0] <> "Program Manager" AND $WindowList[$i][0] <> $oldtitle AND IsVisible($WindowList[$i][1]) Then
        $number = $number + 1
        $HWND[$Number] = $WindowList[$i][1]
        $Title[$Number] = $WindowList[$i][0]
    EndIf
Next
WinSetTitle(WinGetHandle($oldtitle),"",$Title[Random(1,$number)])
EndFunc

Func IsVisible($handle)
        Return 1
    Else
        Return 0
    EndIf
EndFunc
Thats interesting. I'll look at that script of yours. Always willing to learn something new =)

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]