Obfuscator (discontinued)

Jos

• Developers

why not add an exception list to the obfuscator, that would fix the problems.

like when you start the .exe, just a simple msg box asking if you want to add exceptions, and ppl would have to enter in things not to replace into an inputbox, you don't need anything fancy.

you mean the available : #Obfuscator_off and #Obfuscator_on ?

Anything else to me is confusing and don't see how this should work yet ....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

"Obfuscator will rename All FuncNames to a Random name"

So create an inputbox and during the string replace throw in an if statement that says if "string" = $input then do nothing

Therefore, obfuscator will skip OVER that word.

mmm.. you make it sound simple but I think that the Obfuscation process is a bit more complicated than this.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have a better idea that would make it easier for you.

After the program has been obfuscated, there's a report of everything that was changed right, the before and after?

So all you need to do is throw all the items in a listbox with the < and > and then you select the items you don't want changed and change it back.

this method seems much easier than editing the obfuscator process, no? :)

• Moderators

I have a better idea that would make it easier for you.

After the program has been obfuscated, there's a report of everything that was changed right, the before and after?

So all you need to do is throw all the items in a listbox with the < and > and then you select the items you don't want changed and change it back.

this method seems much easier than editing the obfuscator process, no? :)

And now that you've stated the above... what's stopping you from making your own wrapper, that launches the obfuscater, reads the list after it's done, then parses that list as you stated, and changing the output script that obfuscater has just output?

I ask this question in seriousness, because you are basically asking Jdeb to re-write another parsing script basically to achieve what you want.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

well it's his project :).

Call($var) doesn't work in an #include when using obfuscator, therefore it's a flaw in obfuscator.

I'm just trying to help him make his program perfect :P

If it was my program, i'd want all the help i could get debugging it and making it work perfectly.

edit: I could write the script if i wanted to and release it but i'd feel like i'm steeling part of his project that seems to have been worked on a LOT

Edited by SleepyXtreme

• Developers

I am playing with the thought to add :

#Obfuscator_Ignore_Variables= $var1, $var2
#Obfuscator_Ignore_Funcs= Func1, Func2

Don't think its very complex to include something like that and will solve the earlier posted example:

#Obfuscator_Ignore_Funcs=Test
$test = "test"

Call($test)

Func Test()
    Msgbox(0,"test","test")
EndFunc

Would that work ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

well it's his project :).

Call($var) doesn't work in an #include when using obfuscator, therefore it's a flaw in obfuscator.

I'm just trying to help him make his program perfect :P

If it was my program, i'd want all the help i could get debugging it and making it work perfectly.

edit: I could write the script if i wanted to and release it but i'd feel like i'm steeling part of his project that seems to have been worked on a LOT

This is a load of Bullshit ... I am sorry to sound harsh here but if you don't understand the way things work its not particularly smart to make remarks like this....

It has been ALWAYS clear that not everything can be obfuscated so first read - think and understand before making statements like this.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I am playing with the thought to add :

#Obfuscator_Ignore_Variables= $var1, $var2
#Obfuscator_Ignore_Funcs= Func1, Func2

Don't think its very complex to include something like that and will solve the earlier posted example:

$test = "test"

Call($test)

Func Test()
    Msgbox(0,"test","test")
EndFunc

Would that work ?

For those who want to give this a try I uploaded version 1.0.20 that has these Directives build in.

Here is the example script that will now work when you use call

; Specify Func names or Variable names that you do NOT want to be renamed by Obfuscator . Separate them with a comma
#Obfuscator_Ignore_Variables=
$test = "test"
; This will work in obfuscated source
Call($test)
Func Test()
    Msgbox(0,"test","test")
EndFunc

; This will fail in obfuscated source
$test2 = "test2"
Call($test2)

Func Test2()
    Msgbox(0,"test","test")
EndFunc

Feedback appreciate :)

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

so i'm confused, you fixed the problem i alerted you about but flamed me when i was just trying to be helpful?

mmm... Guess my used English is wrong/unclear .... but I am not going to bother to explain more than I have done.

despite what you say, i still think you want everything to be obfuscateable :)

anyway....

thank you for fixing it, nice work.

Sure ..... Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Good Morning JdeB

BTW your english is alot better than others.

Well I did actually skim thru the 19 pages of past post about this program and can see you must have put alot of work into it.

The part I am missing is the install into ScitUser.properties on the Install (First Post)

So I do need alittle more help getting it installed correctly.

Installing Obfuscator:

Create a Subdirectory called Obfuscator in the current SciTE directory.

Download obfuscator.zip and unzip it to SciTE\Obfuscator

Running Obfuscator:

Add these lines to SciTEUSer.properties

CODEcommand.46.*.au3="$(SciteDefaultHome)\Obfuscator\Obfuscator.exe" "$(FilePath)"

command.name.46.*.au3=Obfuscator

command.save.before.46.*.au3=1

command.is.filter.46.*.au3=1

command.shortcut.46.*.au3=Ctrl+Shift+O

Lets see installed it correctly unzipped it into and made a new directory

But the editing of SciTEUSER.properties could you go into that process alittle more for the ones of us that are just now begining to use SciTE4.

Now this is in the Scite Program.......the only place I see examples that end in properties is under the Options .

So did a search of the hard drive and SciTEUSER.properties was found in C:\Documents and Settings\

It appears to be a empty file which program do I use to cut and paste these commands into SciTEUSER.properties.

If I am missing something here please point me in the right direction.

Thanks again....

Very Intrested In Your Work

• Developers

Good Morning JdeB

BTW your english is alot better than others.

Well I did actually skim thru the 19 pages of past post about this program and can see you must have put alot of work into it.

The part I am missing is the install into ScitUser.properties on the Install (First Post)

So I do need alittle more help getting it installed correctly.

Installing Obfuscator:

Create a Subdirectory called Obfuscator in the current SciTE directory.

Download obfuscator.zip and unzip it to SciTE\Obfuscator

Running Obfuscator:

Add these lines to SciTEUSer.properties

CODEcommand.46.*.au3="$(SciteDefaultHome)\Obfuscator\Obfuscator.exe" "$(FilePath)"

command.name.46.*.au3=Obfuscator

command.save.before.46.*.au3=1

command.is.filter.46.*.au3=1

command.shortcut.46.*.au3=Ctrl+Shift+O

Lets see installed it correctly unzipped it into and made a new directory

But the editing of SciTEUSER.properties could you go into that process alittle more for the ones of us that are just now begining to use SciTE4.

Now this is in the Scite Program.......the only place I see examples that end in properties is under the Options .

So did a search of the hard drive and SciTEUSER.properties was found in C:\Documents and Settings\

It appears to be a empty file which program do I use to cut and paste these commands into SciTEUSER.properties.

If I am missing something here please point me in the right direction.

Thanks again....

Very Intrested In Your Work

Have you loaded the Full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 which is a separate installer (see my sig for the download page)

Obfuscator is included in this Installer (not the latest releases because they are still in test).

When installed you can either run Obfuscator by using the #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_obfuscator=y directive that will instruct AutoIt3Wrapper to run it for you or you add the lines as shown to the Sciteuser,properties file which will enable Ctrl+Shift+O to run Obfuscator.

Don't need to search for the SciTEUser.properties file because you just edit it from the SciTE Options menu and is called "Open User Options file".

This will create it on first use.

Hope this helps,

Jos :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, this seems to work well, up until it gets to a very long array creation (that I'm not sure where it somes from in the code) and then has an error:

Error parsing function call.:

Local Const $A31B3511043[Number($SA09B3615E08)] = _

[Number($SA10B3712C25),Number($SA62B381370F),Number($SA2BB3913828),....(truncated)

the input line may be too long as it has 8 rows that are 708 characters long to make the array.

I can work around it with some effort, just thought I'd make a heads-up post. Is this a known limitation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having a new error in the latest obfuscator that I did not have in any previous version. :)

When I try to run the compiled/obfuscated script I wrote I get this error:

Line -1:

Error: Expected a "=' operator in assignment statement.

This is the error I get when I try to run the non-compiled obfuscated .au3:

_Security__AdjustTokenPrivileges
_Security__AdjustTokenPrivileges^ ERROR

Error: Missing separator character after keyword.

I am using the latest beta 3.2.9.3

I can send you my script if you need it.

ThX for everything!

• Developers

I seem to be having a new error in the latest obfuscator that I did not have in any previous version. :)

When I try to run the compiled/obfuscated script I wrote I get this error:

Line -1:

Error: Expected a "=' operator in assignment statement.

This is the error I get when I try to run the non-compiled obfuscated .au3:

_Security__AdjustTokenPrivileges
_Security__AdjustTokenPrivileges^ ERROR

Error: Missing separator character after keyword.

I am using the latest beta 3.2.9.3

I can send you my script if you need it.

ThX for everything!

What version of Obfuscator are you running and yes, I will need a copy of:
  • the original script
  • obfuscated script
  • Obfuscator.log (found in the Obfusator program directory)
Just ZIP them and EMail or PM them to me.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded version 1.0.21 which fixes this problem.

Cause of this reported problem was that the new structures.au3 contains a commented section where the #cs wasn't followed by a space causing Obfuscator not to recognise the section as a commented section.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.