hello i am new in autoitand i need some help :)

well i want to say in all my life i never see a more simple programing language i like it very much is like C++ only 1 milion times simple then the C++

so i got some questions that i really need help

i want to make a script/program that open a .txt file and take from there names for an example

runwait(notepad.exe d:\mircea-poem.txt)

and i want to take txt from there so some idea and advices ???

now i read the tutorials and things from the AUTOIT help file and some scripts from there are not working ( maybe because this is a new version and some commands have bin added or remove it )

so can you give me some idea here ??? with taking some text from the .txt file and use it at something else and the text is something like this (i will give an example

hello my name is mircea

hello my name is mihai

hello my name is none

so i want to take here only the first part ( hello my name is mircea) and after that to go to the other one

thank you very much if you can help me

Check out FileReadLine or FileRead and StringInStr.

You could also have a go at StringRegExp but it is probably a bit down the road for you..:(

EDIT: Forgot to welcome you to the forum..:shocked:

Edited by Uten

Hi there, i could write you an example on how to do it but im on a computer at work where i dont have scite.

Look into these things within the help file 'Fileopen' then 'FileWrite / FileRead' or '_FileReadToArray / _FileWriteFromArray'

And StringRegExp / stringsplit.

Uten beat me to it, where on a somesota brak and forgot to post the answer ^^

Edited by jokke
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

well if you add me some example i will be happy because then i can see how is putted and how is working

and look at this what is wrong ?? why the command if and else dosent work too good or what

$var = 5

$var2 = 10

if $var>$var2

Msgbox("first", "var > var 2")

else

MsgBox("second", " var2 > var1")

what could be the problem ~X( ?

Edited by mircea