Storme Installer (formerly Install-It)

xwinterx

amazing program...I love it, any idea's for an update? if you'd like help, or someone to bounce idea's off of, email me, or add me to your msn, diablo_rules78@hotmail.com

when I run the installer, and it creates the shortcut...it actually misses a "\" for example

C:\Documents And Settings\Liz\Desktop\NewFolder\

the .ink file on my desktop will show

C:\Documents And Settings\Liz\Desktop\NewFolderMyfile.exe

thanks for the bug report... will add that into the next update... next update will probably be this weekend sometime. Not much change in overall functionality, but graphically it will be designed similar to eltorro's awesome project he started. The packager will be overhaulled a bit then I will go into providing an uninstaller, then registry entries and the rest of the stuff on my list.

I like your script eltorro, for a while I have been working on a project called AInstall, it is an easy to use gui with options for components, registry entries etc. It generates an au3 script and compiles it creating a setup exe.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I like your script eltorro, for a while I have been working on a project called AInstall, it is an easy to use gui with options for components, registry entries etc. It generates an au3 script and compiles it creating a setup exe.

Thanks. Your project sound interesting too. Do you have a link or can you pm a copy to take a look at it.

I would suggest some possible added values:

allow command line parameters:

-r for possible record (installshield setup.exe can create a setup.iss in windows dir,

as I'm sure you know. this is handy so that you don't have to create one of these yourself)

-s for silent (also /Silent or /s or /I like microschoft's installer MSI)

-x for uninstall (or /x or /u or /uninstall)

that would make this application easier implementable in big businesses as they don't want IT-staff running arround for each single little install everything has to go automatic, so why not make it an option..

if you like I have that code lying around..

the record function is quite easy also. just create a file, and log to that file the settings the user enters in the inputboxes.. reading it back using the silent switch might be another one to worry about, but it's definately possible.

Edited by lordofthestrings

Hi All,

I wrote just such a program (much like most of what has been discussed here, plus maybe a bit more) back in December 2006. It is up to version 1.9 now, and I've been using it nearly every day since the original incarnation. I would have liked to share 'Installer Creator', but ran out of upload space, and don't have a suitable site of my own just yet. It is built with AutoIt, and uses some of the Windows zip functionality, via some code and functions I got from the Forum. It includes an uninstaller, messages, version checking, shortcuts, autorun (exe, txt, folder), reg entries. It works via browsing, right-click, command-line or by double-clicking an install file (which stores all settings, and is easily updated for version changes) that resides in your project folder.

It is just one of many programs in 'TheSaint's AutoIt Toolbox' - most of which are yet to be uploaded for the reason I mention above. Some of the programs I have already been able to provide in several posts, and some of them have bigger and much improved versions not yet available. Quite a few of these programs (Toolbar For Any (sciTE, etc), Message Box Maker, Open Projects, Disc Tray Control, etc), I use every day.

If anyone can supply simple instructions for a download counter, that I can use on some web space I have available, then I should be able to offer all these fabulous AutoIt creations up for grabs - sooner rather than later. I'm sure they'll be much appreciated ... even as just learning tools for newbies, etc.

TheSaint :rolleyes:

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Well.... I am considering opening an old domain I have laying around and making it somewhat like a repository for folks that don't have space to host their scripts and stuff. I'll let you know when I do that. I just installed the CMS so I have to get it all ready. :rolleyes:

it might be nice to have the ability to register the installed executable as a service and also add shortcuts, like for quick launch, desktop and start menu, also the ability to check online during installation and look for an updated installer and prompt to download update.

Edited by maqleod
[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

it might be nice to have the ability to register the installed executable as a service and also add shortcuts, like for quick launch, desktop and start menu, also the ability to check online during installation and look for an updated installer and prompt to download update.

Will keep these in mind. I have just been so swamped at work. You can add a shortcuts list in the packager and during installation choose desktop and/or start menu shortcuts.

• 1 month later...

Hey Eltoro,

Great stuff man, I really like it, I was looking for a decent back/next implementation as I had some issues with buttons with Icons on (to hide them). Your program gives me a lot of inspiration. I have one strange issue with it though. not sure if you noticed it but when you build an exe and run that one its complaining about the declaration of various variables,

When I add :

Global $Debugit

Global $Debug

in the helper source I get to the next one. I'm just a newbie in this language but I'm getting the pace although I have some vast gaps in my knowledge I'm not even aware about. I need to do various installs from third party products (mysql, apache, php (zip source), another selfmade app made with nullsoft installer , copy a few dlls, register a service and set some registry keys, all in one sort of speak. I have most code but I was strugling with that whole next/back thing, my buttons dissapeard, but the images I used didn't. anyhow, I want to keep it simple. I could use your input on those errors though. Very much appreciated. I'm having fun with it too btw :)

Glenn

Hi,

Im still trying to extend this installer script, adding new commands to the helper file. I'm in need to unpack a zip in a certain location, install third party exe (ice.msi -> msi seems to be a challenge as it keeps giving me errors) , basically, I want to install mysql, php, apache , ice framework and some other dll's and exes with it. Also inserting a service (I have that code), some registry keys, load up a default db into mysql (ours) and perhaps fire up a vbs script.(which could provide a problem)

I'm fascinated by your approach, it seems very extendible. Hope you dont mind I'm hacking this. I still have issues when trying standalone program. the checkboxes and tree turn into standard ones, not the green ones that look so cute :)

I'm too bad in autoit to figure out some stuff at this point. A bit stressy as I have 4 days left to come up with a working installer. Thanks for any help anyone can offer in the form of support, advice or even code snippets and more suggestions about Eltorro's installer.

This deserves a topic of its own really.

Glenn

hmmm, are u done w/ the development of this project?? I have my own webserver...I can lend out some space hahaha, not sure if its age appropriate though (its down atm) www.get-fucked.net

Hi... as far as Storme Installer is concerned, development is pretty much on hold. It works for my purposes but I have been slammed at work so I havent been able to do much for it. I hope to do something this week as I do have a few days off now. :)

Hi... as far as Storme Installer is concerned, development is pretty much on hold. It works for my purposes but I have been slammed at work so I havent been able to do much for it. I hope to do something this week as I do have a few days off now. :)

if you would like help with anything, or just want a person to toss idea's off of, add me to your msn

(I am usually on one of these 2 accounts)

diablo_rules78@hotmail.com or randy@get-fucked.net

-Randy

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

What is err2? When I try to build my project, it gives that error.

It isn't able to create the xzip object so it gives this error. You may have to try to manually register the dll then. I pretty much suck when it comes to dll stuff. I threw that dialog in as a check for myself cuz I needed to find out where things were failing sometimes.