FileInstall Question

Question here that I hope someone can help me with...

If I use the "FileInstall" command and have it include another exe script, using the "RunAsSet" command, will the included exe file run with elevated privileges when called?

My wish is to have a single exe file that runs, without having to extract the program to the local HD. I normally use PackageForTheWeb v4 but I don't want the user's to have to deal with (see) the InstallShield extracting process. This is a very simple program that will be used to change a single registry key so, I need it to be run with "Admin" privileges.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :P

One simple test to test this out, is looking in Task Manager and then look under "User Name" then your new process should be under what you used as RunAsSet.

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

One simple test to test this out, is looking in Task Manager and then look under "User Name" then your new process should be under what you used as RunAsSet.

jokke,

Thanks for the advice...did what you said and the process was running as a standard user. :P Guess that answers my question. Thank for the help! ;)

Back to the drawing board!!

;) Ooops...my bad! :)

I fat fingered the password on the elevated account. Corrected password and verified that the file does in deed run as the administrator! :P

Thanks again for your help!!!