Sign in to follow this  
tomagucci

tooltip question

tomagucci

does anyone know how to change the text color of tooltip? is it through _GUIToolTip_SetTipTextColor? because I cant seem to get it to work, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Josbe

does anyone know how to change the text color of tooltip? is it through _GUIToolTip_SetTipTextColor? because I cant seem to get it to work, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

testing testing...

#Include <GuiToolTip.au3>

$sTitleTIP= "my red text"
ToolTip($sTitleTIP)
$hToolTip = WinGetHandle($sTitleTIP)
_GUIToolTip_SetTipTextColor($hToolTip, 0x0000ff) ; red text
_GUIToolTip_SetTipBkColor($hToolTip, 0xffffff) ; white background
Sleep(5000)
Exit

tomagucci

hmm.. that doesnt seem to work for me. does it work for you?

Josbe

hmm.. that doesnt seem to work for me. does it work for you?

Of course. A small tooltip white background with red text is shown by 5 seconds (Just for test purposes).

Some error running?

tomagucci

hmmm.... that is weird, I get white background with black text no matter what value i change the colors to.... is it because Im on vista?

edit... i just tried it on my vitrual machine running xp and it works. wow... hmm i guess vista wont let me do it??

Edited by tomagucci

Josbe

hmmm.... that is weird, I get white background with black text no matter what value i change the colors to.... is it because Im on vista?

I'm using Vista too. Right now, I tested in XP and works fine.

Josbe

edit... i just tried it on my vitrual machine running xp and it works. wow... hmm i guess vista wont let me do it??

Oh yes...Themes issues. Currently, I'm not using using some theme under Vista.

If you try deactivating your theme, you could see the Tooltip correctly.

tomagucci

okay wait, what if i want the tool tip to show multiple things but i only want one of the things within the tool tip to be a different color like tooltip ("haha"& $var) but I want haha in black and var in blue?

Josbe

okay wait, what if i want the tool tip to show multiple things but i only want one of the things within the tool tip to be a different color like tooltip ("haha"& $var) but I want haha in black and var in blue?

AFAIK, isn't allowed.

tomagucci

blah and i cant have multiple tool tips either... geeze.... anyone got a solution?

tomagucci

dont know how to use the functions in association with tooltip, they dont seem to modify anything, i need it to be tooltip and not a guibutton or anything

ProgAndy

Try to disable theme with

_GUIToolTip_SetWindowTheme($hToolTip, "")

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

tomagucci

i am testing it on windows classic theme. it works with the _guitooltip command but not with the tooltip udf