Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cypher175

Getting The CPU% of a Specified Process/PID..?

6 posts in this topic

I was searching for some Code/UDF to give me the ( CPU% ) of a Specified Process/PID, and came across a few UDF's but most of them seem to use the WMI in their script..

I came across this thread and saw this code that seems to get the total CPU of the System I thnk without using the WMI..

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry269843

So I was wondering if there would be anyway to get the CPU% of a Specified Process/PID somehow using the code below, I dont want to use the WMI in my script.. So would anything like this be possible at all..??

Func CurrentCPU($init = 0)
    Global $liOldIdleTime = 0
    Global $liOldSystemTime = 0
    Local $SYS_BASIC_INFO = 0
    Local $SYS_PERFORMANCE_INFO = 2
    Local $SYS_TIME_INFO = 3

$SYSTEM_BASIC_INFORMATION = DllStructCreate("int;uint;uint;uint;uint;uint;uint;ptr;ptr;uint;byte;byte;short")
    $status = DllCall("ntdll.dll", "int", "NtQuerySystemInformation", "int", $SYS_BASIC_INFO, _
            "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($SYSTEM_BASIC_INFORMATION), _
            "int", DllStructGetSize($SYSTEM_BASIC_INFORMATION), _
            "int", 0)

If $status[0]Then Return -1

While 1
        $SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION = DllStructCreate("int64;int[76]")
        $SYSTEM_TIME_INFORMATION = DllStructCreate("int64;int64;int64;uint;int")

$status = DllCall("ntdll.dll", "int", "NtQuerySystemInformation", "int", $SYS_TIME_INFO, _
                "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($SYSTEM_TIME_INFORMATION), _
                "int", DllStructGetSize($SYSTEM_TIME_INFORMATION), _
                "int", 0)

If $status[0]Then Return -2

$status = DllCall("ntdll.dll", "int", "NtQuerySystemInformation", "int", $SYS_PERFORMANCE_INFO, _
                "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION), _
                "int", DllStructGetSize($SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION), _
                "int", 0)

If $status[0]Then Return -3

If $init = 1 Or $liOldIdleTime = 0 Then
            $liOldIdleTime = DllStructGetData($SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION, 1)
            $liOldSystemTime = DllStructGetData($SYSTEM_TIME_INFORMATION, 2)
            Sleep(1000)
            If $init = 1 Then Return -99
        Else
            $dbIdleTime = DllStructGetData($SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION, 1) - $liOldIdleTime
            $dbSystemTime = DllStructGetData($SYSTEM_TIME_INFORMATION, 2) - $liOldSystemTime
            $liOldIdleTime = DllStructGetData($SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION, 1)
            $liOldSystemTime = DllStructGetData($SYSTEM_TIME_INFORMATION, 2)

$dbIdleTime = $dbIdleTime / $dbSystemTime

$dbIdleTime = 100.0 - $dbIdleTime * 100.0 / DllStructGetData($SYSTEM_BASIC_INFORMATION, 11) + 0.5
            Return $dbIdleTime
        EndIf
        $SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION = 0
        $SYSTEM_TIME_INFORMATION = 0
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>CurrentCPU

Just dont want to depend on a service to get me the info that I want.. unless there is no other possible way of getting it..

Is there anyway to get the CPU of a Specified Process/PID without using the WMI..??

I think, you have to work with Performance Counters, but this is difficult :)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

so using MWI is pretty much the simplest way then..??

Can any of you please tell me what the above code I posted is getting..?? is the the total SYSTEM CPU% Usage or something else..??

The code in Post #1 returns the total CPU usage like the graph in teh Taskmanager.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes