[Solved]_where to DL autoit ver 3.2.5.1 ?

FAQ said that 3.2.5.1 is the latest version that supports decompilation.

I searched the archives but I cant find this version.

I want to go back using the good old 3.2.5.1, where can it be downloaded?

EDIT: YOu do not need older autoit version, you can include ur source with the script easily by adding this line in the beginning of your template in : %Systemroot%\ShellNew\Template.au3

Your script is packked with UPX as default, so to get the source you will need tu unpack your exe first:

run a bat file in : C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe

upx -d script.exe

And now open your uncompressed exe file in ResHacker.exe & search for word: SaveSource

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

FAQ said that 3.2.5.1 is the latest version that supports decompilation.

I searched the archives but I cant find this version.

I want to go back using the good old 3.2.5.1, where can it be downloaded?

Must've been a beta version. 3.2.4.9 was the last Prod version to support this.

But why do you need it? There are plenty of better alternatives.

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

But why do you need it? There are plenty of better alternatives.

Really, like what? im one big ear. explain please.

You dont really appreciate this decompile option, until one day, you really need it. So I hit Shift+del & bam, my script was gone, all I had was the exe. But I cant decompile it cuz it was compiled with the latest version. So I had to rewrite the whole hing from the beginning.

I dont want this happen ever again. Ever!

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Really, like what? im one big ear. explain please.

You dont really appreciate this decompile option, until one day, you really need it. So I hit Shift+del & bam, my script was gone, all I had was the exe. But I cant decompile it cuz it was compiled with the latest version. So I had to rewrite the whole hing from the beginning.

I dont want this happen ever again. Ever!

Therefore the Guru

programs without doing anything

and teaches without saying anything.

Warnings arise and he lets them come;

processes are swapped and he lets them go.

He has but doesn't chown,

acts but doesn't expect.

When his work is done, he deletes it.

That is why it lasts forever.

Seriously, though... Besides all of the backups that are automatically created, I have scripts that sync my sources between several locations.

The AutoIt3Wrapper has an option to save a copy of the Scriptsource, which is pretty close to the decompile option.

Look at the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource compiler directive and this topic: Add and use binary data to/from resources

• Moderators

Goldenix et al,

You might also want to look at this thread.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

let me see if i got this right I add this line in the beginning of my scritp:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource=y

then I hit F7 to compile with default settings

now open the exe file in ResHacker.exe & search for ScriptSource <--- And I cant find this text

EDIT: Its the UPX issue.

How can I decompress the exe from UPX, I dl some unpackers but they say I need newer version of UPX?

Does autoit have UPX unpacker?

Edited by goldenix

let me see if i got this right I add this line in the beginning of my scritp:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource=y

then I hit F7 to compile with default settings

now open the exe file in ResHacker.exe & search for ScriptSource <--- And I cant find this text

EDIT: Its the UPX issue.

How can I decompress the exe from UPX, I dl some unpackers but they say I need newer version of UPX?

Does autoit have UPX unpacker?

UPX can be used to compress and decompress. It should be in your Aut2Exe directory.

upx -d script.exe

• Moderators

Goldenix,

Do please engage your brain before posting. :)

If you have used upx to compress your .exe, you must already have upx on your system! So no need to download anything else.

Open a command prompt, navigate to the folder with upx inside, and then use "upx -d my-file-path"

Or you could untick the "Use UPX" box when the compile dialog appears and do not compress your .exe at all.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This is the first time I heard about UPX compression thingie. I compile my scripts always with F7.

Thanx for the info guys, this topic can be closed now.