Finished Task Shutdown 1.0

(2 reviews)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Screenshot

About This File

Lists windows and according to your preferences, waits for a window or process to close, and then shutsdown the computer.

For anyone who doesn't have the download window,

in "about:config", set "" to "true".

"A boolean value indicating whether or not to use the Downloads window (true)

or display download status in the status bar (false) in the browser window."

What's New in Version 1.0

• Added sort, you can now sort all columns.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• DrAhmed
      Detect Windows SessionEnding/shutdown/Restart ?
      By DrAhmed
      I wonder if there is a possibility to do this in Autoit ? I've to make sure that my application is closed properly to prevent crahses / errors
      in VB.NET I was able to do it by :
                      AddHandler Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.SessionEnding, AddressOf myfunctions_end_mywork
      I found an old example here : but its not working 
    • careca
      Network Speed Shutdown
      By careca
      This will shutdown the pc whenever the download speed goes under the specified nº of KB/s.
      Should you find any issues, please report to me.
    • RichE
      Windows Shutdown
      By RichE
      If your like me and you have shown people windows 8 & 8.1 only to be asked "So how do you shut it down..?", I got sick of telling (and trying to get them to move the cursor to the bottom right corning, click the cog, then power and then shutdown, so i wrote a simple little app that can sit on the desktop and/or the win8 tiles menu, and it just gives a similar shutdown box to the like of WinXP, with a combo of options.

Anyway I'd thought I'd share it with everyone
    • Decipher
      How to prep system for non standard shutdown using WinAPI and DLL calls?
      By Decipher
      Please see this post

I've started try to code this but I'm having trouble with the DLL syntax and I'd like to be sure that the system is safe to power down before I force it to do so.

I've tried:

$iReturnValue = DllCall("advapi32.dll", "int", "RegFlushKey", "long", "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT") if @error Then MsgBox(0, "", "Fail!") MsgBox(0, "Flush Home Key Classes Root", $iReturnValue) $bReturnValue = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "BOOL", "FlushFileBuffers", "HANDLE", "\\.\" & @HomeDrive) if @error Then MsgBox(0, "", "Fail!") MsgBox(0, "Flush System Drive Cache", $iReturnValue);Should return 1=true or 0=false.
      But I can't determine if these functions are working correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated like always.
    • careca
      Finished Task Shutdown
      By careca
      Hi, i was in need of something that would shutdown the pc when the firefox download window closes, so here it is! Added some more functions but in essence, gives you a list of the windows available, their pid, handle and asociated exe.
      choose the method of detection, PID, window handle or executable, choose item from the list, click 'select window', and go away, when the window closes, the pc will shutdown.
      The reason why i included these 3 options is because the firefox download window is tricky, since it has an constantly updated title with the percentage changing, it becomes harder to retrieve the correct pid or handle, but with the exe option it works.

Note regarding firefox: Only works, if the only firefox window open is the downloads one, you can change in options, in order to keep it open and close automatically after the download is over.