String Trigger 2.4

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is another take on string triggers, triggers on specific strings.

Able to simple text pasting,

opening links (as long as there's a www. http:\\ or https:\\ at the beggining)

and is able to open applications.

The user selects the modifier key, and then uses a combination of that key with a couple others to perform tasks like

screenshot the active window, (modkey + prtscr), turn off the screen (modkey + pause / break),

open clipboard string in registry (modkey + R), change system volume (modkey + arrouw up/dn).

The following keys pressed at the same time prompt for shutdown: S+D+T

The following keys pressed at the same time prompt for restart: S+R+T

Middle mouse button click on titlebar minimizes to tray, or a left mouse button click in the icon in the tray also minimizes.

Trigger is set off by space or enter, and timeouts after 3 seconds.

Shows your external, lan, and gateway ip's, can refresh with right mouse click, and opens the default browser if the correspondent button is pressed.

Able to change system volume by a set percentage, reading from the inputbox the number the user sets, if 0 or empty uses system default.

I made this because the existing string trigger applications didn't do it for me for a number of reasons.

I did this for me, but if someone finds it useful all the better.

What's New in Version 2.4

Released

Couple of tweaks into some functions.

Added a yellow "light" while checking the ip's

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

For get source run it with cmd: /source

For other file get on: @LocalAppDataDir & '\StrTrigger'

FocusDlg  is x64 Autoit App => can't open user for OS x86!

Function get Lan IP is bad (not support multi card)

The program needs to be optimized and repaired!

Share this comment

careca

Posted

Thank you for the input, unfortunately i only got one lan card.

What else do you think needs to be optimized and repaired?

It doesn't work for you?

Share this comment

careca

Posted (edited)

Ok, can you try again?

The focusdlg should be good now.

The ip should only appear if certain conditions are met.

Edited by careca

Share this comment

wolflake

Posted

Nice application. One thing is that when it's in the tray and I try to right or left click on it and I move the cursor over the icon I get a notification message that blocks the lower part of the tray preventing me from clicking.  It disappears and reappears so I can eventually click the icon.

I like getting the "show clipboard" but I'd like it to pause between notifications or delay a second before showing so I can click on the icon in the tray.  Thanks.  

image.png.e901500354a49e7ff07cea0108b891ee.png

Share this comment

careca

Posted (edited)

Hi, thanks for the input, i dont get that behaviour, the toast shows up  when i hover the tray icon, but it's not supposed to cover the icons, and here it doesn't. Can you tell me your resolution, and whether you use "small taskbar icons" or normal icons? The application is supposed to distinguish between them and place the toast on the correct place, just over the tray icons.

EDIT: Ok, found a way to retrieve the working area of the desktop minus the taskbar, will implement soon, i'd appreciate if you could test it and come back with the result.

EDIT2: New version is up.

Untitled2.png

Edited by careca

Share this comment

wolflake

Posted (edited)

Sorry, I should have been clearer about what is hidden. 

It's the "grey box of hidden taskbar icons" above the taskbar and below the word 'Views' that is blocked. 

I notice in your screenshot you don't use hidden icons so I hope you've seen how they work and will understand what I'm talking about.  If you use them you  get an icon on the taskbar that looks like ^ and  when you click it a menu box of icons opens above the task bar.

If I expose string-trigger icon on the taskbar I'd be ok but when it's with the hidden icons and I open the "box of hidden icons" and move the cursor over the string-trigger icon to click it the toast blocks. 

Since the toast repeatedly opens and closes when you hover over the icon maybe setting a check not to reopen within 2-3 seconds rather than repositioning the toast would be helpful.  

Another solution\work around would be for me to position the string-trigger icon in the upper left of the hidden icon box.  Then the toast goes below it and I'm ok.  Anyway thanks for considering this.

image.png.bbdf4dc526e871bc8876287ecc329a0b.png

Edited by wolflake

Share this comment

careca

Posted

You're correct, i didn't notice it was about the hidden icons box, i see clearly the issue now, im going to work on that, not sure how just yet, but something will come up.

Share this comment

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need help turning this string "20180913221626" into a formatted time string.
      I need to go from this: 20180913221626
      to this: 09/13/2018 10:16 PM
      I do not always know what the date will be so I can not just use a variable I need to actually convert/format. 
      I did see an older post in the forms that was basically the same question only the other guy did not post the working code and I can not figure out how to use _AD_GetObjectProperties properly to get what I want. 
      As always any help would be appreciated. 
      Here is the code I use to find the date, but it always gives me the unformatted version. 
      ;retrieve the items object $oItem = $oOutlook.Session.GetItemFromID($aItems[1][0], Default) $oItem.GetInspector $eSentOn = $oItem.SentOn ; When was the email sent? MsgBox("", "Sent On of the email", $eSentOn) ;******************************************************************************* ; Formats the date and time from the email ;******************************************************************************* ;Local $fDatenTime = _DateTimeFormat($eSentOn, 1) ;MsgBox("", "Formatted email time", $fDatenTime) $aProperties = _AD_GetObjectProperties($eSentOn) _ArrayDisplay($aProperties, "Did the conversion work?")  
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      I got that func
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, "HERE") EndFunc and I call this func like that
      makeHelpImgGUI("Image",1190, 800,$SETTINGS_JPG)  
      so what is the problem in the parameter where is - "HERE" I need value of img but passed as string
      so $img = $SETTINGS_JPG and how make it "SETTINGS_JPG"

I tried something like that but not work
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $name_str = String($img) $name_str = StringTrimLeft ($name_str, 1 ) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, $name_str) EndFunc  
    • liagason
      By liagason
      Hello everyone,
      How can I display in ascending  sequence some numbers stored in a string variable?
      $str = "18,03,48,23" MsgBox(0,"test",$str) I would like it to display "03,18,23,48"
    • Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, I have the following line in a text file 'input.txt'. I know the line number - say '6'. I wish to replace the text 'WWW' in the below line with a random number (I can generate that with random()).
      WERIS  WWWJP   3.83  8.330  1.000                1097.RAXX 
      The WWW is a 3 digit integer (could be any number between 0 to 999), I can use stringtrimleft and get the numerical value of WWW in this file
      so, basically, I know the string to replace (ie; WWW stored in a variable), I know the line number to work on and the file location/name and the replacement variable (through random()). My requirement is to fill that 3 spaces with my random number (which Is a integer between 1 and 999)
      please put ur suggestions

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello Members of this best Forum
      i have a question please
      for example if i have a long string
      and i want to extract a text between two tag
      what i can do to make that?
      note :
      i know that there is a
      StringRegExp function
      it's do that work
      but it result is be as an array
      i want the result to be a string
      is there any function on autoit can do that?
      Thanks in advance.