About This File
This file includes all the source codes and a compiled .exe version of zPlayer, which is a stand-alone, simple, intuitive and easy-to-use, yet fully functional audio player. I made this to suit my purpose and you can tweak it to your taste as the source code is only about 1000 lines which are very much readable. This player has the following functions:
- Play back all formats of audio files which can be palyed back by the Windows Media Player in your computer
- Graphical player similar to embedded Windows Media Player
- Forward, backward, pause, repeat, shuffle funtions
- Increase/decrease/mute sound volume
- Change folders and create playlist for all audio files in that folder and its subfolders, and support for manually-made playlists
- Save play-back environment when terminating and resume that environment when restarting
- With one click, you can see DuckDuckGo search results for the file being played back
- With a double-click, you can play back an item in the playlist
- Search strings in the playlist
- Option to see long file names including folder names
- Resize the playlist window, and restore it to its default position
- Very small footprint: very low CPU and memory usage, with only about 1MB when compiled
- You can even hide all the windows and manipulate the player with hotkeys only
What's New in Version 126.96.36.199
Version 188.8.131.52 - January 15, 2020
1. Revised the way the player detects bitrate of a file so that correct bitrate can be detected regardless of Windows version
2. Revised MyDuck() function to use default browser to execute search
3. Kaspersky scan result for the compiled file was as follows:
Scan result: no threats detected
File size: 1.07 MB
File type: PE32/EXE
Scan date: Jan 15 2020 09:29:58
Databases release date: Jan 14 2020 23:37:35 UTC
Version 184.108.40.206 - November 24, 2019
1. Fixed a few minor bugs.
2. When the player encounters an unplayable file, option is given to play the next file or to quit. Formerly the player moved to the next file by default.
3. If the Windows Defender falsely flags the compiled version as virus, please update your Windows Defender Definition file.
Version 220.127.116.11 - August 21, 2019
1. Listview functions were revised to position current item in the center of the window when its is resized.
2. Files were divided into 2 packages: one containing source codes and the other to contain compiled exe file only.
3. I submitted the compiled version of this player to Microsoft for false detection and they confirmed that their new version of malware definition would not flag this file as hazardous. - August 22, 2019
Version 18.104.22.168 - May 15, 2019
Per @careca's recommendation, changed sound volume controls to work on program sound levels instead of system sound levels.