Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryushi5

AutoIt and Python - Limited Functions

8 posts in this topic

I'm using Python to call AutoIt functions, but some functions don't work. Is there a reason for this? If so, can I fix it?

from win32com.client import Dispatch
Auto = Dispatch("AutoItX3.Control")
def autoTest():
    print Auto.MsgBox('')

When I run it I get this error:

line 516, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))
AttributeError: AutoItX3.Control.MsgBox

It seems like it's reading 'MsgBox' as an attribute and not a function. Any thoughts?

1 person likes this

Nevermind, I simply did not research well enough. Please disregard. :mellow:

but it is a very good idea Python call Autoit.

Sooooo what was the problem?

Posted Image

Hello everyone, I'm new here and experiencing the same problem as Ryushi, using Python to call COM automating AutoIt

But even with these parameters,

from win32com.client import Dispatch
Auto = Dispatch("AutoItX3.Control")
def autoTest():
    print Auto.MsgBox( 0, "title", "text" )

I got that error

line 516, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))

Maybe i didn't understood something clearly,

Thank you for your help !

Hello!

I face the same problem, when try to launch message box from Python:

autoIT.MsgBox(0, "Strange", "Hello!")

What is the solution?

Could you, please, provide it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• vikashbitm2010
      By vikashbitm2010
      Hi all,
      I want to return string from autoit script to the python code.
      Autoit:
      Exit("22 FE 45") -> not working
      Exit(1) -> Working
      Exit(0) -> Working
      python:
      import os
      res=os.system(autoitmine.exe)
      print "res",res
      I got some hint of @ExitCode macro, but dont know how to use it to get the string in python variable 'res'.
      Please resolve this issue for me if anyone knows about this.

• IamKJ
      By IamKJ
      I am trying to allow the GUI to gather info as to when to execute a function.  I am having trouble doing this.  So far this is what I have.

;Timer Func timer () If Not IsDeclared("iMsgBoxAnswer") Then Local $iMsgBoxAnswer $iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(36,"Timer","Please format your answer in 00:00:00:000") Select Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 ;Yes Global $infotime = InputBox ('Time', 'What time to execute?') Do $rawtimer = ToolTip(@Hour & ':' & @Min & ':' & @Sec & ':' & _MSec()) until $rawtimer = $infotime if $rawtimer = $infotime Then msgbox (0,'Worked','Worked') Else EndIf Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 7 ;No Exit EndSelect EndFunc Func _MSec() Local $stSystemTime = DllStructCreate('ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort') DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'none', 'GetSystemTime', 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($stSystemTime)) $sMilliSeconds = StringFormat('%03d', DllStructGetData($stSystemTime, 8)) $stSystemTime = 0 Return $sMilliSeconds EndFunc I have also tried _GUIToolTip_GetText in order to read the tooltip until the time specified, but it still doesn't work.  Any help would be great.
    • InunoTaishou
      By InunoTaishou
      Got this idea a long time ago to create a really neat project using a raspberry pi, camera, some custom python code, and a monitor I pulled from an old laptop. The idea is to create an interactive and informational display using the monitor and it will hang on my wall. Custom code will display the time, date, weather forecast, and current events. Has a temperature/humidity for the room (also shown on the display) and a motion censor. Censor will be enabled when I enter the pin for when I leave my room, and turned off when I come back and re-enter the pin. Once the censor is enabled (my security feature is enabled) it will activate the camera, taking a snapshot as soon as it's triggered, email me the screenshot, and then continue to snap pictures every second. Once the person has left my room, zips everything up and then emails me the zip file. Figured it was a good way to play with python, play with the raspberry pi, and make sure anyone coming to my room isn't doing anything sneaky (since I live in the dorms)
      Started the code today and had to figure out how to draw a string like _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx. Because I wanted to define movable areas to render all of my text (so the position of the text is dynamic, and can be moved around and the position changed whenever I want to). Since pygame doesn't have anything like that, and it doesn't support multi-line text, let alone aligned text, I had to come up with how to allow multi line, then moved onto alignment, and make sure everything fit inside the defined area, not drawing any extra text that would "bleed" outside the rect
      Here's the progress of the text. The greetings text has the left alignment, top line alignment. Time and date have center and center, and fps actually has the whole screen as the rect but uses right alignment + bottom line alignment, making it show in the bottom right corner

Source can be found on github for anyone interested
      This is way incomplete, probably gonna take months to get to the final product, but I predict I'll need to draw text in a defined area a lot.
    • zetaimmersion
      By zetaimmersion
      Hi all. 
      I am trying to do 2 things but i cannot seem to get any traction on how to read/implement this idea.
      Premise: PowerPoint file in C\temp\presentation.pptx that contains on the first slide 2 entries as "<one>" and "<two>" which need to be replaced with "user1" and "user2", then a silent Outlook send mail containing the file with a predefined body and subject.
      I narrowed it down to COM objects as the Office does not like intrusive open AutoIt functions. I installed OLE/COM Object Viewer to understand how to create the commands but i am still stuck. So far i am trying to user water's code but i suck
      COM object i was originally trying to modify
      Dim $oPPT, $oPres $oPPT = ObjCreate("PowerPoint.Application") $oPPT.Visible = True $oPres = $oPPT.Presentations.Read Water's code below (0.1% modified)
      #include <File.au3> #include "PowerPoint.au3" #include <misc.au3> Global $sFile = "C:\temp\presentation.pptx" Global $sString2Search = "<username>", $sString2Replace = "Password", $iReplaceOnce = 1, $sFullLogFile = "C:\temp\pptxlog.txt" _ProcessPpt($sFile) Func _ProcessPpt($sFile) $oApp = _PPT_PowerPointApp() Local $bChange = False Local $oInterface = $oApp.Presentations Local $oPresentation = $oInterface.Open($sFile, False, False, False) If @error Then _FileWriteLog($sFullLogFile, "E Error " & @error & " opening File " & $sFile) Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf ;it does not even open my file and from here not sure how to read the text and replace it EndFunc ;==>_ProcessPpt  
    • XOblivion
      By XOblivion
      im some what new to autoit and need help figuring out best way to make a simple clicker for few idle games i play(taptitdue, sakura clicker, elndless frontier etc.) ive played around with autoit recorder to make simple copy mouse clicks. but now i want to make a script that allows me to select multiple functions before starting the script for game ex: click section A or click section A + B to run At set intervals if that makes sense . i dont need scripts made by other just info on what things i should use to make it my self.

need to be able to select between games and be able to select multiple functions to run inconjuntion or independent for each game. thank you in advance