Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryushi5

AutoIt and Python - Limited Functions

8 posts in this topic

I'm using Python to call AutoIt functions, but some functions don't work. Is there a reason for this? If so, can I fix it?

from win32com.client import Dispatch
Auto = Dispatch("AutoItX3.Control")
def autoTest():
    print Auto.MsgBox('')

When I run it I get this error:

line 516, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))
AttributeError: AutoItX3.Control.MsgBox

It seems like it's reading 'MsgBox' as an attribute and not a function. Any thoughts?

1 person likes this

Nevermind, I simply did not research well enough. Please disregard. :mellow:

but it is a very good idea Python call Autoit.

Sooooo what was the problem?

Posted Image

Hello everyone, I'm new here and experiencing the same problem as Ryushi, using Python to call COM automating AutoIt

But even with these parameters,

from win32com.client import Dispatch
Auto = Dispatch("AutoItX3.Control")
def autoTest():
    print Auto.MsgBox( 0, "title", "text" )

I got that error

line 516, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))

Maybe i didn't understood something clearly,

Thank you for your help !

Hello!

I face the same problem, when try to launch message box from Python:

autoIT.MsgBox(0, "Strange", "Hello!")

What is the solution?

Could you, please, provide it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• nmontec
      [python] controlclick not working when window is minimized
      By nmontec
      Dear All,
      I am having some trouble in automating a window. Everything is fine is I may use the couple WinActivate/WinWaitActive but it is not working if the window is minimized.
      I need to click a button and I tried the following:
      I declared in an object a reference like this:
      self.autoit=win32com.client.Dispatch('AutoItX3.Control') self.autoit.AutoItSetOption('WinTitleMatchMode',2) self.autoit.AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1) And a t a certain point I press the Exit button
      self.autoit.ControlClick('Dome','','[CLASSNN:WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.378734a15]') self.autoit.ControlClick('Dome','','[NAME:ButtonExit]') self.autoit.ControlClick('Dome','','[CLASS:WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:15]') Now, If the window is active and screen is not locked all is ok.But if window is minimized and/or screen is locked the command does not have any effect on the window. As far as I know controlclick should work also on these situations. Am I wrong?
      Thanks a lot for your help
      Nicola
    • jiggunjer
      Event-based scripting with the windows shell COM object
      By jiggunjer
      I want to listen for certain windows events like window open/closed. After reading the help I think I need to use ObjCreate('shell.application') and ObjEvent with that object to create/register a listener. The problem is I don't know what interface or events (i.e. the specific event names) are available for the listener. I tried searching MSDN but it is a labyrinth and I'm not that familiar with the programming frameworks/models used by Windows, and all the examples seem to refer to compiled code using .NET or some other api.
      Can any1 point me in the right direction? Also is using COM objects considered the 'modern' way to do this, or should I be using some other framework/resources?
    • BetaLeaf
      [Solved]How to create a Function with flags in a Function for use with Hotkeyset
      By BetaLeaf
      Hi guys. I am trying to make a soundboard app. 
      Here is the code I have so far
      #include "Misc.au3" #RequireAdmin;needed to work in some games. #include "array.au3" Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -2) If @OSArch = "x64" Then Global $VLC_Path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" Global $VLC_WorkingDir = "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\" Else Global $VLC_Path = "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" Global $VLC_WorkingDir = "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\" EndIf Global $sectionData = IniReadSectionNames(@ScriptDir & "\SoundBoard.ini") If @error Then IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\SoundBoard.ini", "Sound1", 'File="' & @UserProfileDir & '\Music\SampleTrack.mp3"' & @CRLF & 'StartTime="12"' & @CRLF & 'EndTime="34"' & @CRLF & 'PlaybackDevice="Microsoft Soundmapper"' & @CRLF & 'Hotkey="+{numpad9}"') MsgBox(16, "SoundBoard", "SoundBoard.ini is missing. It has been created for you.") ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\SoundBoard.ini", "", "", "edit") InputBox("SoundBoard", "Notes:" & @CRLF & "StartTime and EndTime are in seconds. Available Hotkeys can be found at the following url:", "https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Send.htm") Exit EndIf For $i = 1 To $sectionData[0] Local $iArray = IniReadSection(@ScriptDir & "\SoundBoard.ini", $sectionData[$i]) For $j = 1 To UBound($iArray) - 1 Local $result = Assign("SoundBoard" & $i & "_" & $j, IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\SoundBoard.ini", $sectionData[$i], $iArray[$j][0], $iArray[$j][1]), 2) If $result = 1 Then Consolewrite("Variable Assigned: SoundBoard" & $i & "_" & $j & @CRLF & "Data=" & $iArray[$j][1]&@CRLF) Else Consolewrite("Variable was not assigned: SoundBoard" & $i & "_" & $j & @CRLF & "Data=" & $iArray[$j][1]&@CRLF) EndIf Next Next For $i = 1 To $sectionData[0] Local $Hotkey = Eval("SoundBoard"&$i&"_5") ConsoleWrite("Processing Hotkey "&$Hotkey&@CRLF) ;NEED HELP HERE ; HotKeySet($Hotkey,"") Next While 1 Sleep(500);idle to prevent unnecessary work. 10 is the minimal we can set this value to. WEnd Func LoadVLC($iPlayFile, $iPlayFileStartTime, $iPlayFileEndTime, $iPlayAudioDevice = "Microsoft Soundmapper") ShellExecuteWait($VLC_Path, '--qt-start-minimized --play-and-exit --start-time="' & $iPlayFileStartTime & '" --stop-time="' & $iPlayFileEndTime & '" --aout=waveout --waveout-audio-device="' & $iPlayAudioDevice & '" "' & $iPlayFile & '"', $VLC_WorkingDir, "", @SW_HIDE) Beep(500, 200) EndFunc ;==>LoadVLC For example, I have a song called "MoonlightSonata.mp3" and I want to activate it with hotkey !{numpad9}. However, hotkeyset does not allow sending of flags so I cannot use LoadVLC as it is now. I need to create a function that stores the flags using the data from the earlier Inireads. Ik how to use the data but not how to create the function to store that data. I looked at IsFunc() second example but I do not understand. Sorry if I am not being clear on what I am trying to do. My brain is fried right now after trying various things for an hour. Any help would be appreciated. 
      The idea is to be able to have a dedicated hotkey for each sound I want to play so I will need to have my script create a new function by itself using the data from the INI.
      hotkeyset("$hotkey1","MySoundBoard1") hotkeyset("$hotkey2","MySoundBoard2") func MySoundBoard1() LoadVLC("MoonlightSonata.mp3") ;the other flags are optional and will not be set for simplicity. endfunc func MySoundBoard1() LoadVLC("TheBananaSong.mp3") endfunc Honestly I don't care how it is done as long as I have a dedicated hotkey for each entry in my ini.  An example of such an entry looks like
      [Sound1] File="C:\Users\BetaL\Music\SampleTrack1.mp3" StartTime="12" EndTime="34" PlaybackDevice="Microsoft Soundmapper" Hotkey="!{numpad8}" [Sound2] File="C:\Users\BetaL\Music\SampleTrack2.mp3" StartTime="24" EndTime="43" PlaybackDevice="Microsoft Soundmapper" Hotkey="!{numpad9}" Am I making any sense? Please let me know.

Edit: Huge thanks to @Melba23 for the learning experience, his time, and help.
    • Trolleule
      Object Item not exists, how to catch error?
      By Trolleule
      Hi,
      when i try to access an object item, i get an error, but don't know how to catch this error:

Func GetFirewallRule($sName)     Local $oPolicy = ObjCreate("HNetCfg.FwPolicy2")     MsgBox(0, "test", $oPolicy.Rules.Item($sName)) ; throws error: The requested action with this object has failed. EndFunc Thanks in advance
    • dynamitemedia
      xmldom into array and then use outside function
      By dynamitemedia
      i have the following snippet...   now its working but i have it inside a function and want to be able to use   $aThumb[$i]  outside the function in the rest of the script, i tried return and keep getting this error  "Invalid keyword at the start of this line.:"  
      Global $iRows = UBound($a, $UBOUND_ROWS) Global $iCols = UBound($a, $UBOUND_COLUMNS) $oID = $oID + 1 $oURL = $oString.selectSingleNode("./url") $oName = $oString.selectSingleNode("./name") $oCategory = $oString.selectSingleNode("./category") $oThumb = $oString.selectSingleNode("./image") $oLanguage = $oString.selectSingleNode("./language") $aThumb = [$iRows] _ArrayAdd($aThumb, $oThumb.text) For $i = 1 To UBound($aThumb) - 1 ConsoleWrite($oID & @TAB & $aThumb[$i] & @CRLF) Next Next ConsoleWrite( "rows: " & $iRows & @CRLF) Thanks for your help