Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Klexur

Increment number in file

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

First off I tried searching both the forums and the help file and I just know it's in one of them. If somebody could please help me find it I would be much grateful.

Simply put, I am trying to increment a number that is read from an ini file. The script is to read the initial value, add one to it, and save the new value. The area dealing with this is the last line of code below.

Here is my code:

#Include <Restart.au3>

Global $CommandIni = "DropRun.ini"

; Check that CommandIni exists, if not create file with default values.
If FileExists($CommandIni) Then
Global $Commands = IniReadSection($CommandIni, @ComputerName)
IniWrite($CommandIni, @ComputerName & "_Log", "Start", $CommandIni & " found and read.")
Else
Local $defCmds[2][2] = [ ["Completed", "1"], ["Command1", "cmd.exe"] ]
IniWriteSection($CommandIni, @ComputerName, $defCmds, 0)
IniWrite($CommandIni, @ComputerName & "_Log", "Error", $CommandIni & " not found. Attempted to create file.")
EndIf

; Check if already completed, if not run the commands.
If $Commands[1][1] = "0" Then
IniWrite($CommandIni, @ComputerName & "_Log", "Reading", "Entered Command section.")
For $i = 2 To $Commands[0][0]
  ; Check if line is commented out.
  If StringInStr($Commands[$i][0], ";") Then ContinueLoop
  Local $exitCode = RunWait($Commands[$i][1])
  IniWrite($CommandIni, @ComputerName & "_Log", "Command" & $i-1, $exitCode)
Next
IniWrite($CommandIni, @ComputerName, "Completed", "1")
EndIf

Sleep(300000)
; Log number of times script restarted.
$Restarts = IniRead($CommandIni, @ComputerName & "_Log", "Restarts", "0")
IniWrite($CommandIni, @ComputerName & "_Log", "Restarts", $Restarts+1)
_ScriptRestart()

The script uses the

Also, if anybody has suggestions on how to simplify this I'd also greatly appreciate it.

P.S. Sorry I couldn't get the code to paste pretty =S

Edited by Klexur

Quiet but very inquisitive

You misspelled "restarts" on the INIWrite () portion of it. :mellow:

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Might be an Idea to tell autoit its dealing with a number too.

$Restarts = Int(IniRead($CommandIni, @ComputerName & "_Log", "Restarts", "0"))
IniWrite($CommandIni, @ComputerName & "_Log", "Restarts", $Restarts+1)
Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

@LurchMan: ha thanks for catching my spelling error =P

@JohnOne: are you also pointing out my spelling error?

EDIT

@JohnOne: oops okay i see what you did now :mellow:

Edited by Klexur

Quiet but very inquisitive

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ercicttech
      By ercicttech
      Hello, all..

My AutoIT is pretty terrible - but I get by with trawling here
      I came across an issue where i had to parse a large key in a large ini file, and found that I was victim of inireadsection's limit of "Only the first 32767 chars are read for legacy reasons."

I've attempted to put together some terrible code that parses an ini section.
      It's absolutely nowhere near good, but I figured I'd put it here so that folk who know what they're doing can laugh at improve it.
      $Ini = @ScriptDir & "\bigini.ini" Dim $IniArray[0][2] $KeyName = "Person" $R = FileOpen($Ini, 0) $IniStr = FileRead($R) FileClose($R) $Start = StringInStr($iniStr, "[" & $KeyName & "]") If $Start = 0 then Msgbox(16, "Error", "String not found") Exit EndIf $Stop = StringInStr($IniStr, @CRLF & "[", 0, 1, ($Start + 1)) If $Stop = 0 then $Stop = StringLen($IniStr) EndIf $String = StringMid($IniStr, $Start, ($Stop - $Start)) $Split = StringSplit($String, @CRLF, 1) $KeyCount = 0 Dim $IniArray[65535][2] For $Loop = 1 to $Split[0] $Add = "Y" $Str = $Split[$Loop] $EQBreak = StringInStr($Str, "=") Select Case StringMid($Str, 1, 1) = ";" $Add = "N" Case $EQBreak = 0 $Add = "N" Case Else $Add = "Y" EndSelect If $Add = "Y" then $KeyCount = $KeyCount + 1 $Key = StringMid($Str, 1, ($EQBreak - 1)) $Val = StringMid($Str, ($EQBreak + 1)) $IniArray[$KeyCount][0] = $Key $IniArray[$KeyCount][1] = $Val EndIf Next Redim $IniArray[$KeyCount +1][2] ; Add the number of hits to 00 to match inireadsection $IniArray[0][0] = $KeyCount _ArrayDisplay($IniArray) ; Do stuff with the Array like you would inireadsection  
    • RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon, I could very well be doing this wrong so feel free to totally advise otherwise - I'm wanting to use a GUI to first display a key from within an INI file, then secondly change the INI file by using a FileSelectFolder command but then I want to see the GUI change to reflect the change I've just made.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput(Iniread(@WorkingDir & "\test.ini","Path","FilePath",""), 64, 80, 121, 21) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Change", 200, 80, 75, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 $selectedFolder = FileSelectFolder("Select Log Path Directory",@WorkingDir,0) If NOT $selectedFolder = "" Then $newLogPath = IniWrite(@WorkingDir & "\test.ini","Path","FilePath",$selectedFolder) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd So 2 part question really: (1) Should I be using GUICtrlCreateInput to display my INI read from within the GUI? (2) How can I refresh the GUI to update that to read the new information I've just written to the GUI?
      Thanks!

• LWC
      By LWC
      I've made a program that relies on IniReadSectionNames. It reads (~3K) Autorun.inf files in the working folder and creates a GUI based on their contents.
      I made sure to revert to a default GUI upon @error.
      But someone (with Windows XP SP3 32-bit) reported to me he always gets the default menu.
      I sent him a FileRead command instead and it works! So seemingly there's no access problem to AutoRun.inf.
      In the following demo code, I always hit success, but he always ends up with semi-success:
      Local $hIniLocation = "Autorun.inf" Local $aSections = IniReadSectionNames($hIniLocation) If @error Then $aSections = FileRead($hIniLocation) if @error then msgbox(48, "Double error", "Alternative access failed too due to:" & @crlf & @error & @crlf & @extended) else msgbox(0, "Semi-success", "IniReadSectionNames failed, but alternativaly this file contains:" & @crlf & @crlf & $aSections) endif else msgbox(0, "Success", "IniReadSectionNames worked!") endif Why is that? Is there something further to check with him?
      Autorun.inf
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning community!
      I was working on a script which read the content of a .ini file to retrieve the file that has to open, and, based on the value of a second key stored in the .ini file, set the window on top, minimized or maximized...
      I did something like this, but seems to not work properly...
      Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thank you  

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=prova.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> ;#include <WinAPIEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $sFileConfigurazione = @ScriptDir & "\configurazione_exe.ini" If(FileExists($sFileConfigurazione)) Then Local $aSezioneIni = IniReadSection($sFileConfigurazione, "CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file: " & @CRLF & $sFileConfigurazione & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error) Else ; Lancio dell'applicativo indicato nel file di configurazione Local $iPID = ShellExecute($aSezioneIni[1][1]) Local $hWnd If($iPID <> 0) Then Local $aWinList = WinList() For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If(WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1] = $iPID)) Then $hWnd = $aWinList[$i][1] EndIf Next Switch($aSezioneIni[2][1]) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MIN" ToolTip("MIN", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MINIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MAX" ToolTip("MAX", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MAXIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "TOP" ToolTip("TOP", 0, 0) WinSetOnTop($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), $WINDOWS_ONTOP) EndSwitch EndIf EndIf EndIf And the .ini file is like this:

[CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE] PercorsoExe=Here goes the path and the .exe to execute ModalitaAperturaExe=Here goes one of the value below /* TOP Shows the windows on top */ /* MIN Shows the window minimized */ /* MAX Shows the window maximized */  
    • triodz
      By triodz
      I want the number in a file to be overwritten with the next number up each time a button is pressed. 
      So it is pressed once, the number '1' is written to the file. It is pressed again and the number '2' overwrites the first number.
      At the moment I get the number 1 written, but can't get it to overwrite. What I have so far:
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Users\soulf\Desktop\CalcGui\RLCalc.kxf $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 426, 141) $One = GUICtrlCreateButton("1", 32, 72, 25, 25) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### Func First ()     $fPath = "C:\temp\First.txt"     $fOpen = FileOpen ($fPath, 2)     $Counter = FileReadLine ($fpath)     $counter = $counter + 1     $fWrite = filewriteline ($fPath, $counter)     FileClose ($fpath) EndFunc While 1     $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()     Switch $nMsg         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit         Case $One             Call ("First")     EndSwitch WEnd I tried a Do Until statement, but that just puts the numbers 1 to 5 in the file.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated!