Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skitty

[Solved] C DeviceIoControl function Communication in AutoIt?

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

How do I convert this to autoit? I've seen people here post examples (Manko) of communicating with device drivers, but this is ridiculously complex!

#define CODEMSG(_digitval) CTL_CODE(FILE_DEVICE_UNKNOWN,_digitval , METHOD_BUFFERED,\
                                FILE_READ_DATA | FILE_WRITE_DATA)
#define CODE_VALUE 4094

//handle to driver
HANDLE device = 0;

char ret[1024];
WCHAR SendValue[512];
DWORD codeval, bytes;

if( !strcmp(argv[i],"-p") ) {
    codeval = CODE_VALUE;
    i++; continue;
}

MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP, 0, argv[i], -1, SendValue, sizeof(SendValue));
DeviceIoControl(device, CODEMSG(codeval), SendValue, (wcslen(SendValue)+1)*2,
        &ret, sizeof(ret),&bytes,NULL);

The farthest I've got is~

#Include <WinAPI.au3>
$Handle = _LoadDriver()
$Struc = DllStructCreate("char[1024];WCHAR[512];DWORD")
DllStructSetData($Struc, 3, _WinAPI_MultiByteToWideChar("I have no idea what I'm doing" , 0, $MB_PRECOMPOSED , true))
MsgBox(0,"",DllStructGetPtr($Struc))
  $ret = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "DeviceIoControl", _
  "dword", $Handle, _
  "dword", DllStructGetPtr($Struc,3), _
  "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($Struc), _
  "dword", 12, _
  "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($Struc), _
  "dword", 12, _
  "dword*", 0, _
  "ptr", 0)

Until I slowly started to realize I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

Things that I've done..

Icon Resource Editor: icon resource editor 

AutoIt Piano: a piano

AutoIt Unlocker: unlocks files when you want to delete them

Colorful tooltips: a wrapper for the tool tips UDF

Rouge GoogleBot: a full screen animation

ASciTE text editor: a text editor written in autoit

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Well you dont really need to convert ascii to unicode, just start of with unicode (autoit default).

CTL_CODE can be translated into this:

Func CTL_CODE($Devicetype, $Function, $Method, $Access)
Return BitOR(BitShift($Devicetype,-16),BitShift($Access,-14),BitShift($Function,-2),$Method)
EndFunc

CODEMSG:

Func CODEMSG($digit)
return CTL_CODE($FILE_DEVICE_UNKNOWN, $Digit, $METHOD_BUFFERED, BitOr($FILE_READ_DATA, $FILE_WRITE_DATA))
EndFunc

Rest can be written like this:

Global $CodeVal = 4094 ; What code value do you want to send?

$SendValue = DllStructCreate("wchar[512]")
DllStructSetData($SendValue, 1, $CMDLINE[1]) ; in the c example, this is retrieved through cmdline.
$Return = DllStructCreate("dword")
DeviceIoControl($Handle, CODEMSG($codeval),DllStructGetPtr($SendValue),(StringLen($CMDLINE[1]) + 1) * 2,DllStructGetPtr($Return), DllStructGetSize($Return), 0)

ConsoleWrite("Return code: " & DllStructGetData($Return,1) & @CRLF)

Func DeviceIoControl($hDevice, $dwIoControlCode, $lpInBuffer, $nInBufferSize, $lpOutBuffer, $nOutBufferSize, $lpBytesReturned = 0, $lpOverlapped = 0)
$Call = DllCall("Kernel32.dll","bool","DeviceIoControl","handle", $hDevice, "dword", $dwIoControlCode, "ptr", $lpInBuffer, _
"dword", $nInBufferSize, "ptr", $lpOutBuffer, "ptr", $lpBytesReturned, "ptr", $lpOverlapped)
Return $Call[0]
EndFunc

Basically, MSDN is your friend. Look everything you dont understand, it can all be translated to plain autoit. Since you are not really explaining why, or what you want to do, its hard to help you :D

E: or if youre lazy like me, launch visual c++, type the thing you want to understand, rightclick -> goto definition. Then you can see the code, or the value of constants etc.

Edited by Shaggi

Ever wanted to call functions in another process? ProcessCall UDFConsole stuff: Console UDFC Preprocessor for AutoIt OMG

Well you dont really need to convert ascii to unicode, just start of with unicode (autoit default).

CTL_CODE can be translated into this:

Func CTL_CODE($Devicetype, $Function, $Method, $Access)
Return BitOR(BitShift($Devicetype,-16),BitShift($Access,-14),BitShift($Function,-2),$Method)
EndFunc

CODEMSG:

Func CODEMSG($digit)
return CTL_CODE($FILE_DEVICE_UNKNOWN, $Digit, $METHOD_BUFFERED, BitOr($FILE_READ_DATA, $FILE_WRITE_DATA))
EndFunc

Rest can be written like this:

Global $CodeVal = 4094 ; What code value do you want to send?

$SendValue = DllStructCreate("wchar[512]")
DllStructSetData($SendValue, 1, $CMDLINE[1]) ; in the c example, this is retrieved through cmdline.
$Return = DllStructCreate("dword")
DeviceIoControl($Handle, CODEMSG($codeval),DllStructGetPtr($SendValue),(StringLen($CMDLINE[1]) + 1) * 2,DllStructGetPtr($Return), DllStructGetSize($Return), 0)

ConsoleWrite("Return code: " & DllStructGetData($Return,1) & @CRLF)

Func DeviceIoControl($hDevice, $dwIoControlCode, $lpInBuffer, $nInBufferSize, $lpOutBuffer, $nOutBufferSize, $lpBytesReturned = 0, $lpOverlapped = 0)
$Call = DllCall("Kernel32.dll","bool","DeviceIoControl","handle", $hDevice, "dword", $dwIoControlCode, "ptr", $lpInBuffer, _
"dword", $nInBufferSize, "ptr", $lpOutBuffer, "ptr", $lpBytesReturned, "ptr", $lpOverlapped)
Return $Call[0]
EndFunc

Basically, MSDN is your friend. Look everything you dont understand, it can all be translated to plain autoit. Since you are not really explaining why, or what you want to do, its hard to help you :D

E: or if youre lazy like me, launch visual c++, type the thing you want to understand, rightclick -> goto definition. Then you can see the code, or the value of constants etc.

Thanks! I'm going to play with those examples and see if I can get something happening, as for MSDN, unfortunately for me, I'm not fluent in moon speak... You should see how many of their tabs I have open trying to get a grip on this.

Things that I've done..

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I love you, not in a gay way though, I've been working to get this to work for a week now and didn't wan't to ask, but I was against the wall, this works!

Only problem is I have to figure out why autoit is freezing and crashes after it successfully sends an instruction.

Again, THANK YOU!!1!11

Edit: I guess it was freezing because it needed "'ptr', 0)" appended to the end.

Things that I've done..

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

no homo :D

Posted Image

Things that I've done..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• VAN0
      By VAN0
      Hello.
      I have a program XX that asks for user confirmation on exit, which hangs the system reboot/shutdown process until I confirm. So I decided create a autoit script that would automatically close that dialog and let the system reboot/shutdown.
      The problem I'm facing is that my scripts now exits before the XX.
      Is there a way delay script exit until the XX is closed but only when system is rebooting/shutting down?

Thank you.
    • nznet
      By nznet
      Hi Guys,
      I have been trying to write the API calls to Coinigy.com in AutoitScipt. I have managed to solve most of them put are having trouble with the ones that require parameters to be passed.
      The source to the API calls can be found here:
      http://docs.coinigy.apiary.io/#reference/market-data/market-data/data-{type:history}
      Example code from this site:
      curl --include \      --request POST \      --header "Content-Type: application/json" \      --header "X-API-KEY: " \      --header "X-API-SECRET: " \      --data-binary "    {         \"exchange_code\": \"GDAX\",         \"exchange_market\": \"BTC/USD\",         \"type\": \"history\"     }" \ ' https://api.coinigy.com/api/v1/data '  
      This data one is really annoying me. I have the following so far:
      #include <Array.au3> #include <string.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #Region Coinigy Const Global $sCoinigyAPIUrl = "https://api.coinigy.com/api/v1/" #EndRegion Coinigy Const #Region keys Global Const $sCoinigyAPIKey = "" ; just removed my APIKey Global Const $sCoinigyAPISecret = "" ; just removed my APISecret #EndRegion keys $sResults = CoinigyQueryPrivate("data", "exchange_code=GDAX&exchange_market=BTC/USD&type=history") ; Trade history, asks and bids for any supported exchange/market ConsoleWrite("Market Data: " & $sResults & @CRLF & @CRLF) Func CoinigyQueryPrivate($sMethod, $sParameters)     Local $oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")     $oHTTP.Open("POST", $sCoinigyAPIUrl & $sMethod, False)     $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("X-API-KEY", $sCoinigyAPIKey)     $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("X-API-SECRET", $sCoinigyAPISecret)    ; $oHTTP.Send(Binary($sParameters)) ; tried this as well     $oHTTP.Send($sParameters)     Local $sReceived = $oHTTP.ResponseText     Return $sReceived EndFunc   ;==>CoinigyQueryPrivate  
      If I do other queries that don't require Parameters they work perfectly. I am just totally stumped by the parameter passing queries. I have tried everything and I still can't get it to go. Would really appreciate some help.
      If you want to try for yourself live, Coinigy.com give a free 30 trial.... 
      Please help...
      Thanks in advance.
    • falcontechnics
      By falcontechnics
      Dear master, hello,
      I got the speech API from Google. But I could not find how to use. Could you help me with a simple example?
      "https://speech.googleapis.com/v1/speech:recognize?key=MyKey"
    • nhardel
      By nhardel
      So I have been bashing my head in for a couple days and have searched both AutoIT forums and Thwack Forums for an answer.  I understand this could be hard to help sense I can't provide a server for someone to help me test against.  I am trying to use the WinHTTP.au3 to connect with Solarwinds Orion SDK thru REST/JSON api calls.  Here is the documentation that they provide.
      https://github.com/solarwinds/OrionSDK/wiki/REST
      I have been trying just to make a basic connection but for some reason cannot get past the authorization process with WinHTTP.  Here is my test code.
      #Region Includes #include <log4a.au3> #include "WinHttp.au3" #EndRegion Global $sAddress = "https://usandl0213:17778/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Query?query=SELECT+NodeID+FROM+Orion.NODES" Global $array_URL = _WinHttpCrackUrl($sAddress) ;~ Row|Col 0 ;~ [0]|https ;~ [1]|2 ;~ [2]|usandl0213 ;~ [3]|17778 ;~ [4]| ;~ [5]| ;~ [6]|/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Query ;~ [7]|?query=SELECT+NodeID+FROM+Orion.NODES Global $hOpen = _winhttpOpen() If @error Then _log4a_Fatal("Error intializing the usage of WinHTTP functions") Exit 1 EndIf Global $hConnect = _winhttpConnect($hOpen, $array_URL[2]) If @error Then _log4a_Fatal("Error specifying the initial target server of an HTTP request.") _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen) Exit 2 EndIf Global $hRequest = _WinHttpOpenRequest($hConnect, _ "GET", _ "/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Query?query=SELECT+NodeID+FROM+Orion.NODES", _ "HTTP/1.1") If @error Then _log4a_Fatal(MsgBox(48, "Error", "Error creating an HTTP request handle.") _WinHttpCloseHandle($hConnect) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen) Exit 3 EndIf _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, "Authorization: Basic YXV0b2l0X2xvZ2luOnRlc3Q=") _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, "User-Agent: curl/7.20.0 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.20.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8l zlib/1.2.3") _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, "Host: usandl0213:17778") _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, "Accept: */*") _WinHttpSendRequest($hRequest) If @error Then MsgBox(48, "Error", "Error sending specified request.") Close_request() Exit 4 EndIf ; Wait for the response _WinHttpReceiveResponse($hRequest) If @error Then MsgBox(48, "Error", "Error waiting for the response from the server.") Close_request() Exit 5 EndIf Global $sChunk, $sData ; See what's returned If _WinHttpQueryDataAvailable($hRequest) Then Global $sHeader = _WinHttpQueryHeaders($hRequest) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@crlf) ConsoleWrite($sHeader & @CRLF) ; Read While 1 $sChunk = _WinHttpReadData($hRequest) If @error Then ExitLoop $sData &= $sChunk WEnd ConsoleWrite($sData & @CRLF) ; print to console Else MsgBox(48, "Error", "Site is experiencing problems.") EndIf Close_request() Func Close_request() ; Close open handles and exit _WinHttpCloseHandle($hRequest) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hConnect) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen) EndFunc I am definitely connecting to the server but get a 401 Unauthorized response.  Output of above script:
      Header:
      HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized Cache-Control: private Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:31:21 GMT Content-Length: 1668 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5 Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=lgwin2qsbbrip2mxg01fot05; path=/; HttpOnly Set-Cookie: TestCookieSupport=Supported; path=/ Set-Cookie: Orion_IsSessionExp=TRUE; expires=Thu, 27-Jul-2017 17:31:21 GMT; path=/ WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate WWW-Authenticate: NTLM X-UA-Compatible: IE=9 X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET X-Same-Domain: 1 X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block Body:
      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/orion/js/jquery-1.7.1/jquery-ui.css.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L&csd=%23b0b9c5;%23d2ddec;%2392add1;" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/orion/styles/orionminreqs.css.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L&csd=%23b0b9c5;%23d2ddec;%2392add1;" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/webengine/resources/steelblue.css.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L&csd=%23b0b9c5;%23d2ddec;%2392add1;" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/orion/ipam/res/css/sw-events.css.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L&csd=%23b0b9c5;%23d2ddec;%2392add1;" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="/orion/js/orionminreqs.js.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/orion/js/modernizr/modernizr-2.5.3.js.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/orion/js/jquery-1.7.1/jquery-1.7.1.framework.min.js.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L"></script> <script type="text/javascript">(function(){var de=$(document.documentElement); de.addClass('sw-is-locale-en'); $.each(jQuery.browser,function(k,v){if(v===true){ de.addClass('sw-is-'+k); de.addClass('sw-is-'+k+'-'+parseInt(jQuery.browser.version)); }}); })();</script> <script type="text/javascript">SW.Core.Loader._cbLoaded('jquery');</script> <script type="text/javascript">SW.Core.Date._init(0,-14400000);</script> <title> </title></head> <body> <script> window.location = 'Login.aspx'; </script> </body> </html> To me this looks like it if it is still looking for my credentials.   I did verify that things work as expected using Chrome and REST test client.  I do get certificate errors in IE if I try to go directly.  Bypass certificate issues and page will try to save out to .json file

Looking for any help.
    • mLipok
      By mLipok
      Recently I was working on TeamVierwer API .
      I had a little break, and wanted to check out another platform.
      Here is the result of my attempt:
      #include "GHAPI.au3" _GHAPI_AccessToken('b3e8.....de..........bdc3a0c.....bd27c6f') _GHAPI_GetUser("users/mLipok") _GHAPI_GetUserOrganizations("users/mLipok") _GHAPI_RootEndpoints() and GHAPI.au3
      #include-once #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7 #Tidy_Parameters=/sort_funcs /reel #Region GHAPI.au3 - Header ; #INDEX# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: GHAPI UDF ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.10.2++ ; Language ......: English ; Description ...: This is an UDF for for communicate with https://api.github.com via GitHub RESTful API ; Author(s) .....: mLipok ; Modified ......: ; =============================================================================================================================== #cs Title: GHAPI UDF Filename: GHAPI.au3 Description: This is an UDF for for communicate with https://api.github.com via GitHub RESTful API Author: mLipok Modified: Last Update: 2017/05/23 Requirements: AutoIt 3.3.10.2 or higher #ce #EndRegion GHAPI.au3 - Header #Region GHAPI.au3 - Include #include <array.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #EndRegion GHAPI.au3 - Include #Region GHAPI.au3 - Declarations Global $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_GHAPI_ErrFunc") Global $__g_sGitHubAPI_BaseUrl = "https://api.github.com" ; URL of the GitHub API Global $__g_sGitHubAPI_Version = "v3" ; Put the current API version in here Global Enum _ $GHAPI_ERR_SUCCESS, _ $GHAPI_ERR_GENERAL, _ $GHAPI_ERR_COMERROR, _ $GHAPI_ERR_STATUS, _ $GHAPI_ERR_COUNTER Global Enum _ $GHAPI_EXT_DEFAULT, _ $GHAPI_EXT_PARAM1, _ $GHAPI_EXT_PARAM2, _ $GHAPI_EXT_PARAM3, _ $GHAPI_EXT_COUNTER Global Enum _ $GHAPI_RET_SUCCESS, _ $GHAPI_RET_FAILURE, _ $GHAPI_RET_COUNTER #EndRegion GHAPI.au3 - Declarations #Region GHAPI.au3 - API Functions Func _GHAPI_ErrFunc($oError) ; Do anything here. ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName & " (" & $oError.scriptline & ") : ==> COM Error intercepted !" & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.number is: " & @TAB & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.number) & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oError.windescription & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oError.description & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.source is: " & @TAB & @TAB & $oError.source & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oError.scriptline & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.retcode is: " & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.retcode) & @CRLF & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_GHAPI_ErrFunc Func _GHAPI_AccessToken($sParam = Default) ; https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-personal-access-token-for-the-command-line/ ; https://github.com/settings/tokens Local Static $sAccessToken = '' If $sParam <> Default Then $sAccessToken = $sParam Return $sAccessToken EndFunc ;==>_GHAPI_AccessToken Func _GHAPI_GetUser($sUser) Local $oHTTP = __GHAPI_HTTP_Open("GET", $sUser) Local $oJSON = __GHAPI_HTTP_Send($oHTTP) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False) #forceref $oJSON EndFunc ;==>_GHAPI_GetUser Func _GHAPI_GetUserOrganizations($sUser) Local $oHTTP = __GHAPI_HTTP_Open("GET", $sUser & '/orgs') Local $oJSON = __GHAPI_HTTP_Send($oHTTP) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False) #forceref $oJSON EndFunc ;==>_GHAPI_GetUserOrganizations Func _GHAPI_RootEndpoints() Local $oHTTP = __GHAPI_HTTP_Open("GET", '') Local $oJSON = __GHAPI_HTTP_Send($oHTTP) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False) #forceref $oJSON EndFunc ;==>_GHAPI_RootEndpoints #EndRegion GHAPI.au3 - API Functions #Region GHAPI.au3 - INTERNAL Functions Func __GHAPI_HTTP_Open($sMethod, $sCommand, $sURLParameters = '') Local $oHTTP = ObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1") Local $sURL = $__g_sGitHubAPI_BaseUrl & "/" & $sCommand & $sURLParameters ;~ __GHAPI_DebugOut("> $sURL=" & $sURL & @CRLF) $oHTTP.Open($sMethod, $sURL, False) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, Null) $oHTTP.setRequestHeader("Authorization", "Bearer " & _GHAPI_AccessToken()) ; Accept: application/vnd.github.v3+json $oHTTP.setRequestHeader("Accept", "application/vnd.github." & $__g_sGitHubAPI_Version & "+json") ; User-Agent: Awesome-Octocat-App $oHTTP.setRequestHeader("User-Agent", "AutoIt UDF") Return $oHTTP EndFunc ;==>__GHAPI_HTTP_Open Func __GHAPI_HTTP_Send(ByRef $oHTTP, $sSendParameter = Default) If $sSendParameter = Default Then $oHTTP.Send() Else $oHTTP.Send($sSendParameter) EndIf ConsoleWrite('+' & $oHTTP.Status & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite('>' & $oHTTP.StatusText & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($oHTTP.ResponseText & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $GHAPI_RET_FAILURE) ;~ Return SetError($GHAPI_ERR_SUCCESS, $oJSON.Size, $oJSON) EndFunc ;==>__GHAPI_HTTP_Send #EndRegion GHAPI.au3 - INTERNAL Functions #Region GHAPI.au3 - HOWTO / DOCS / HELP #CS https://developer.github.com/v3/ https://developer.github.com/v3/guides/ https://developer.github.com/program/ https://github.com/contact?form%5Bsubject%5D=New+GitHub+Integration https://developer.github.com/ http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28796941/github-api-authentication-with-msxml2-xmlhttp #CE #EndRegion GHAPI.au3 - HOWTO / DOCS / HELP  
      REMARKS:
      This is just a modest start up and not a whole fully workable UDF, just so for a try, but maybe someone will be useful
      Regards,
      mLipok

EDIT 1:
      If you need to make it workable just ask about specyfic feature.
      EDIT 2:
      Some changes in using word "GitHub" - to meet this rules: https://github.com/logos