Report Help File Issues Here

guinness

Specify that when comparing numbers and strings, the string is converted into a number using the Number() function rule

This is implicit from Language Reference >> Datatypes, introduction §:

For example, if you try and multiply two variants they will be treated as numbers,

Next §:

If a string is used as a number, an implicit call to Number() function is done. So if it doesn't contain a valid number, it will be assumed to equal 0.

But since the issue pops up regularly, another hit on the nail placed elsewhere may well prove useful!

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Number

For the function "Number ()" needs the exact wording

A line starting with the letters have a numeric representation of zero. A line starting with digits and other characters comprising - clipped. Number is any sequence of numbers from 0 to 9. The symbols "+" and "-" can only be a prefix. Dot "." can be in any position, but reuse is perceived literally (as is).

StringReplace

Local $sText = StringReplace("this is a line of text", " ", "--")
Local $iReplacements = @extended
MsgBox(4096, "New string", "The new string is now:" & @CRLF & $sText)
MsgBox(4096, "Replacements", "The total number of replacements was:" & @CRLF & $iReplacements & " occurrences.")

$sText = StringReplace("this is a line of text", 12, "--")
MsgBox(4096,  'Replacements in position', $sText)
Edited by AZJIO

With InetGet() the second parameter "filename" is optional, however the help file

(unless I'm missing it) does not describe the default behaviour if left out ("").

Think it might be a worthwhile addition.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

A long time ago you used to use InetGet("abort") to cancel a background download. When I re-wrote the InetGet() code to support multiple background downloads I changed it so that canceling a download is now done by passing the handle to InetClose(). If you attempt to cancel using InetGet("abort") @error will be set and the function does nothing. I did this so that existing code would stop working correctly but wouldn't throw a syntax error. That was a long time ago, though.

In other words, it's not optional anymore. The documentation needs updated to reflect that the first two parameters are required. I'll take care of this. I also need to force the 2 parameter minimum and remove the soon to be unreachable code that sets @error. If people are still using InetGet("abort") years after it was removed from the language then too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

_GDIPlus_GraphicsClear

; Clear the screen capture to solid blue

$tagSYSTEMTIME

MSeconds --> Milliseconds

$tagNETRESOURCE

$tagNETRESOURCE structure

$tagGDIPPENCODERPARAMS

$tagGDIPPENCODERPARAMS structure

$tagNMIPADDRESS

The new value of the field specified in the iField member.

_ClipBoard_ChangeChain

The handle must have been passed to the _ClipBoard_SetClipboardViewer function.

_FileListToArray

If @error = 1 Then

MsgBox(4096, "", "No Folders Found.")

1 = Path not found or invalid

_Iif

Local $i_Count, $i_Index

Edited by AZJIO

This link - _Crypt_Derivekey, on this page - Function _Crypt_DecryptData, needs editing. The k in _Crypt_Derivekey.htm should be uppercase. For visual purposes, the anchor text can be edited too, but of course the real fix would only have to be in the URL.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

For GUICtrlSetTip() should we add the other 3 icons in there?

4, 5, and 6 are the larger versions of 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

The same probably applies to TrayTip() but not tested yet.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Findstr.exe

Hello,

I can't find any help for findstr.exe. It's very good, I think it searches unicode files correctly whereas the output from XP findstr on unicode is a mess. What I want is information on the command line switches (Same as DOS/XP maybe, but all implemented exactly or better?). All I can find out about findstr.exe, from ProcExp is "Dos findstr replacement based on a script created by Martin of the AutoIt3 forum and modified by Jos." I've tried findstr /?, etc.

The Scite Help has a section "Extra Utilities" which looks like the right place for a section on findstr. Can we have something added there?

Richard.

Findstr.exe

Hello,

I can't find any help for findstr.exe. It's very good, I think it searches unicode files correctly whereas the output from XP findstr on unicode is a mess. What I want is information on the command line switches (Same as DOS/XP maybe, but all implemented exactly or better?). All I can find out about findstr.exe, from ProcExp is "Dos findstr replacement based on a script created by Martin of the AutoIt3 forum and modified by Jos." I've tried findstr /?, etc.

The Scite Help has a section "Extra Utilities" which looks like the right place for a section on findstr. Can we have something added there?

Richard.

No.

That has no place being part of AutoIt help file.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

@trancexx

I don't understand why you are so definite about that. "C:\Programs\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" arrives with AutoIt or Scite install, so should have some documentation?

Casual is nice. Still would you mind being less casual if you want serious answer.

Richard.

I can see the whole width of a screen, including area on the left of a body of your message. I know who wrote that.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

@Trancexx

Casual/not-casual - I hope to be normal and not offensive, apologies for anything unintended. '...area on left of body..who wrote that' - I don't know what you mean, and have not intentionally put anything hidden. ??

Richard.

StringFormat

Ignored when used with c, d, i, u, or s.

If 0 is specified with an integer format (i, u, x, X, o, d) the 0 is ignored.

It can not understand

MsgBox(4096, 'ignored?', StringFormat("%017i", 0))

Blank

Prefix the output value with a blank if the output value is signed and positive; the blank is ignored if both the blank and + flags appear.

MsgBox(4096, '???', StringFormat("%+ 8d", 255) &@LF& StringFormat("% +8d", 255))

You can not use negative numbers (Unsigned decimal integer)

printf("%%u <0 = '%u'n", $u);          '4251015507'        unsigned integer representation of a negative integer
Edited by AZJIO

_GUICtrlListView_GetFocusedGroup

_GUICtrlListView_GetGroupCount

_GUICtrlListView_GetGroupInfoByIndex

If @OSVersion = "WIN_XP" Then
        MsgBox(4160, "Information", "The function does not work in WinXP")
    Else
        MsgBox(4160, "Information", "Group Count: " & _GUICtrlListView_GetGroupCount($hListView))
    EndIf

_GUICtrlListView_GetTextBkColor

_GUICtrlListView_GetTextColor

_GUICtrlListView_SetBkColor

_GUICtrlListView_SetTextBkColor

_GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor

; Show clors

The documentation for GUICtrlSetGraphic() for $GUI_GR_BEZIER is shit. It mentions two control points but it doesn't mention anything about the endpoints. The first endpoint is the current drawing position and the second endpoint is the x and y parameters passed to the function. Since I've never used bezier's before it took me awhile to figure out what was going on there.

I'll post this while it's fresh in my mind.

_SQLite_SQLiteExe() shows 4 parameters ;

( $sDatabaseFile, $sInput, ByRef $sOutput [, $sSQLiteExeFilename = "SQLite3.exe" ] )

However; the example shows it being called with 5.

_SQLite_SQLiteExe($sDbFile,$sIn,$sOut,-1,true)

I'll leave it to someone with more sqlite experience than I to figure it out.

EDIT:

I just looked at the function itself and it is definitely supposed to be 5

_SQLite_SQLiteExe($sDatabaseFile, $sInput, ByRef $sOutput[, $sSQLiteExeFilename = -1[, $fDebug = False)]]

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I'll post this while it's fresh in my mind.

_SQLite_SQLiteExe() shows 4 parameters ;

However; the example shows it being called with 5.

I'll leave it to someone with more sqlite experience than I to figure it out.

EDIT:

I just looked at the function itself and it is definitely supposed to be 5

_SQLite_SQLiteExe($sDatabaseFile, $sInput, ByRef $sOutput[, $sSQLiteExeFilename = -1[, $fDebug = False)]]

Usually the debug variable is a global in the UDFs, rather than being passed as a parameter.