Sign in to follow this  
Scriptmaster

Script loop set times.

Scriptmaster

Hey

I have posted before about looping scripts and exit loops but now it is something different.

Take into consideration I am a beginner so do not get angry if you think my ways are 'stupid'

OK I have a script where the user inputs some numbers

before (stupidly) I have tried

(FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

$input = inputbox("input", "how many times to repeat?", "")
$set = "1"
while 1
$set = $set +1
if $set = $input then exitloop
else
  ;do stuff
endif
wend

this is an example

$number = inputbox("Beep", "how many times should it repeat?", "")
;repeat $number of times
       beep(500, 500)
wend

please if you could help.

Edited by Scriptmaster

shutdown(1)

BrewManNH

Try this:

While $number ;repeat $number of times
    beep(500, 500)
    $number -= 1
wend

OR

For $I = 1 to  $number ;repeat $number of times
    beep(500, 500)
Next
Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Scriptmaster

Try this:

While $number ;repeat $number of times
    beep(500, 500)
    $number -= 1
wend

OR

For $I = 1 to  $number ;repeat $number of times
    beep(500, 500)
Next

I have seen that used before but did not think it was that simple,

thought it would include

while $input to ;something

but great thanks

shutdown(1)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      HI! ... this is a big one (at least for me) 
      You guys previously helped me copy the used range in column A and paste them into a Website one at a time in a loop. Cool! Now, for another function, I have 2 columns, A and B, and two input boxes in the Website. I'm having a hard time replicating the loop for the 2 columns. 
      This is how I'm opening the Excel workbook (copied from the previous function that only had 1 column). I need to also get the used range in column B.
      Func OpenExcelForCopy() Global $aBBTableData Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $ChosenFileName, Default, True, True) $oExcel.Sheets("CopyCourses").Activate ;~ Get all used cells in column A:A Global $aSearchItems = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, 1, $oWorkbook.Sheets("CopyCourses").Usedrange.Columns("A:A")) ;~ Duplicate the $aSearchItems Array Global $aSearchResult = $aSearchItems ;~ Loop through the array starting at 0 until the end of the array which is (Ubound($aSearchItems) - 1) For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 $aSearchResult[$i] = SearchCourseForCopy($aSearchItems[$i]) Next _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") Finished() EndFunc ;==>OpenExcelForCopy Then we eventually get here. I don't think anything needs to change here but I'm not sure. This is where I paste the data from Column A into an input field (which is a search tool in a website). If the search is good, then we get to the tricky part...
      ;~ OK, we logged in and we searched for a course. Lets COPY it! Func CopyCourseBegin() Local $sResult $iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Course ID", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0) ;~ If the course was not found, do this. If $iSearchIndex = -1 Then ;~ MsgBox(4096, "Search Error", "Item not found") $sResult = "Source Not Found" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") ;~ Now go back to the Excel sheet and search for the next one. ;~ If the course was found, begin the COPY process. Else For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 $aSearchResult[$i] = CopyCourseNow($aSearchItems[$i]) Next $sResult = "Copied" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") EndIf Return $sResult EndFunc ;==>CopyCourseBegin This is the "tricky part" where I'm confused. I can copy and paste what's in column A just fine, but I can't manage to replicate it for column B. I need to paste whats in Column B into "destinationCourseId"
      ;~ The course search was successful. COPY the course now. Func CopyCourseNow($_sSearchResult) ;~ Navigate to the course copy page. _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseCopy) ;~ Copy the SOURCE course ID from the Excel sheet ;~ Paste whats copied from column A into the Source Course ID text box Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "selectCourse") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "sourceCourseId") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) ;~ Paste whats copied from column B into the Destination Course ID text box ?!?!?!?! Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "selectCourse") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "destinationCourseId") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) ;~ Just exit cause im stuck :( _Exit() EndFunc ;==>CopyCourseNow After I paste the data from column A into "sourceCourseId" and column B into "destinationCourseId", I'll make it do some stuff. Then I need it to loop around until the used ranges in column A & B is finished.
      Does the entire code need to change now that there's two columns?

• XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Why hello there! 
      I have a script reading an Excel sheet (currently only looking at A1), copying the data in that cell, and then searching for it in a Website's search tool. Then it does some stuff if it actually finds something.
      After that, I need it to go back to the Excel sheet, write "yes" into column B if the search was good -- "no" if no results were found, then go down to A2 and do the whole thing all over again until column A has nothing left.
      I really suck at loops and have a hard time grasping how it works. Any help or guidance is really appreciated!

SearchCourse() ;~ Now that were logged in, navigate to the course search page. Func SearchCourse() _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseSearch) ;~ Change the search criteria to "Course ID" _bbCourseSearchCategoryChange("Course ID") ;~ Open the selected Excel file Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open() Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $ChosenFileName, Default, Default, True) ;~ Copy whats in the first cell (A1) _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook.Worksheets(1), "A1") Global $WhatsCopied = ClipGet() ;~ Paste whats copied into the search text box and click submit Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "courseManagerFormSearch") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "courseInfoSearchText") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $WhatsCopied) _IEFormSubmit($oForm) ;~ Lets see what we got from the search Local $oBBTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 2) Global $aBBTableData = _IETableWriteToArray($oBBTable) _ArrayDisplay($aBBTableData) DeleteCourseBegin() EndFunc ;==>SearchCourse ;~ OK, we logged in and we searched for a course. Lets delete it! Func DeleteCourseBegin() $iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Course ID", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0) ;~ If the course was not found, do this. If $iSearchIndex = -1 Then MsgBox(4096, "Search Error", "Item not found") ;~ Now go back to the Excel sheet and search for the next one....? ;~ If the course was found, begin the deletion process. Else MsgBox(4096, "Search Success", $aBBTableData[$iSearchIndex][0] & " = " & $aBBTableData[$iSearchIndex][1]) DeleteCourseNow() EndIf EndFunc ;==>DeleteCourseBegin ;~ The course search was successful. Delete the course now. Func DeleteCourseNow() ;~ Click the checkbox located beside the course that has been found. Local $CheckBox = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "ckbox") _IEAction($CheckBox, "click") _IELoadWait($oIE) ;~ Click the Delete button. _IELinkGetCollection($oIE) Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE) For $oLink In $oLinks If $oLink.href = "javascript:validateRemove();" Then _IEAction($oLink, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next ;~ Click the "Delete course, including all of its files" radio button. Local $RadioButton = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "removeAllFiles_t") _IEAction($RadioButton, "click") _IELoadWait($oIE) ;~ Click the "Submit" button Local $Submit = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "bottom_Submit") _IEAction($Submit, "click") _IELoadWait($oIE) ;~ Now go back to the Excel sheet and search for the next one....? EndFunc ;==>DeleteCourseNow  

• Dequality
      By Dequality
      error code >Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Scripts\Tests\Test.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop +>16:23:40 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>16:23:40 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 0.6734 HotKeySet("{F4}", _myExit()) Global $aCoordinates1[2] = [499, 582] Global $aCoordinates2[2] = [672, 614] While(1)     $instrument = PixelSearch(602, 439, 601, 438, 0x434343, 1)     if not(@error) Then         $musicscore = PixelSearch(1185, 529, 1184, 528, 0xDDA03B, 1)         If not(@error) Then             MouseMove($musicscore[0], $musicscore[1], 3)             Sleep(500)             MouseClick("RIGHT", $musicscore[0], $musicscore[1], 1, 1)         EndIf     EndIf     MouseClick("LEFT", random($aCoordinates1[0], $aCoordinates1[1]), Random($aCoordinates2[0], $aCoordinates2[1]))    Sleep(Random(304000, 309043)) WEnd Func _myExit()     Exit EndFunc Any help are highly appreciatet... :-) 

Dequality.
    • omicron
      By omicron
      Hello!

I am working on a function that I am just getting lost on. The goal is a multiple nested loop.

Here are the steps:
      Contents of file1.txt::
      [topic] var1=Name var2=OtherName var3=SomeotheName Contents of file2.txt::
      [subTopic] top=sub1 top2=sub2 top3=sub3 The Shell I am working from::
      #include <file.au3> $file = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) msgbox(0,'','the line ' & $i & ' is ' & $line) Next FileClose($file) Understanding however that the "msgbox" needs to then become a variable. in example the following::
      $file = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) While true( prog.exe is running && "WinName" is open) do For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ;Open File to log "current location of file 1" FileWriteLine ("filename", $i & ' is ' & $line) var = $line Next $file2 = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ; OpenFile to log "Current location of file 2" FileWriteLine ("filename", $i & ' is ' & $line) Next FileClose($file2) FileClose($file) The goal in written form is the following ::

While in "OpenWindow"
          read from file 1 starting at line 1 until end of file.
         file 1 is a list of names to be searched.
         With $line selected, add this element to the element in file 2.

The search of a variables in list 1 and list 2 differ on the amount of posts that day. (This is not a web based platform, it is a game) I need to search 2 names and take a screenshot of the out put. The sizes of the names list depend on the activity of names at the time of search.
      This loop continues until all the names from both lists have been searched. Mostly in the format of::
      File1= item
      File2= Vendor

Item + Vendor  ( Capture screen, scroll) -- Not sure how to detect if I need to scroll)

Thank you for your help and support!
    • Jackized
      By Jackized
      Is there a way to loop back to the beginning and keep the already entered data in the GUI Input boxes? I can GUIDelete and start a new GUI but all the typed data has to be redone. Here is a sample.

#Include <GuiConstants.au3> Dim $msg,$okbutton,$cancelbutton,$objOU,$intAccValue,$strGroup1,$strGroup2 Dim $strFirstName,$strLastName,$strUserName,$strUserName2,$strPassword,$strDescription,$strContainer Dim $Combo,$Duration Do $Form1 = GuiCreate("", 300, 300)          GUISetBkColor(0xA6CAF0)         GuiCtrlCreateLabel("First Name:", 50, 10)         $strFirstName = GuiCtrlCreateInput("", 50, 25, 200, 20)         GUICtrlSetState ( $okbutton, $GUI_FOCUS )         GuiSetState()     $okbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton ("OK",75,240,50,20)     $cancelbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Cancel",175,240,50,20) While 1     $msg = GUIGetMsg()     Select     Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg = $cancelbutton             Exit     Case $msg = $okbutton             $strFirstName = GUICtrlRead($strFirstName)             ExitLoop     EndSelect Wend $len = StringLen($strFirstName)     If $len > "20" then         MsgBox(0, "ERROR Name to long", $strFirstName & " can't be over 20 characters." & @CRLF & "Total: " & $len)         ;Exit         GUIDelete($Form1)     EndIf Until $len < "20" MsgBox(0, "Done", "")