Hey

I have posted before about looping scripts and exit loops but now it is something different.

Take into consideration I am a beginner so do not get angry if you think my ways are 'stupid'

OK I have a script where the user inputs some numbers

before (stupidly) I have tried

(FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

$input = inputbox("input", "how many times to repeat?", "")
$set = "1"
while 1
$set = $set +1
if $set = $input then exitloop
else
  ;do stuff
endif
wend

this is an example

$number = inputbox("Beep", "how many times should it repeat?", "")
;repeat $number of times
       beep(500, 500)
wend

please if you could help.

Edited by Scriptmaster

shutdown(1)

Try this:

While $number ;repeat $number of times
    beep(500, 500)
    $number -= 1
wend

OR

For $I = 1 to  $number ;repeat $number of times
    beep(500, 500)
Next
Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Try this:

While $number ;repeat $number of times
    beep(500, 500)
    $number -= 1
wend

OR

For $I = 1 to  $number ;repeat $number of times
    beep(500, 500)
Next

I have seen that used before but did not think it was that simple,

thought it would include

while $input to ;something

but great thanks

shutdown(1)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vikramjeet
      include-once #include <File.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $file = "TEST.log" FileOpen($file, 0) $TTLPax = 1 For $i = _FileCountLines($file) - $TTLPax to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) Global $TktNo = StringMid($line, 8, 13) ; reads 13 characters from $Line starting from the 8th character msgbox(0,'',$TktNo) ; This is just for me to debug For $NoOfPax = 1 to 2 local $TTLSeg = 2 msgbox(0,'',$TTLSeg) msgbox(0,'',"7ABC"& $TktNo &"'N"& $NoOfPax &".1'C1,2'S1,2'B") ; This makes 7ABC1234567890123'N1.1'C1,2'S1,2'B ;But in the next loop I want the value to be 7ABC1234567890333'N2.1'C1,2'S1,2'B Next ExitLoop Next *TEST
      JAMES BAKER
        1.NYC-23JAN
        2.TJ 1234567890123
        3.TJ 1234567890333
      I am reading a file with last 5 lines as above. I want to be able to loop through and pick the values as follows
      1- Pick 1234567890123
      2- Use it to build a format with N1.1
      3- Pick 1234567890333
      2- Use it to build a format with N2.1
      Need help with the loop. Thank You

• By Vikramjeet
      For $A1 = 12 To 11 + $Total For $B1 = 1 To ($oExcel.Application.Cells($A1,6).Value) ; This value is from the Excel file. It can be from 1 - 9. For $N1 = 7 To ??? ; This is based on the value of $B1 ((1 = 7, 2 = 17, 3 = 27, 4 = 37, 5 = 47) Send("-"& ($oExcel.Application.Cells($A1,$N1).Value) &"/"& ($oExcel.Application.Cells($A1,$N1+1).Value)) Sleep(400) Send("{ENTER}") Sleep(700) Next Next Next I am not able to figure how to loop $N1 as follows
      If the Value of $B1 = 1 then $N1 = 7
      If the Value of $B1 = 2 then $N1 = 17
      If the Value of $B1 = 3 then $N1 = 27
      If the Value of $B1 = 4 then $N1 = 37  
      The value of $N1 comes from $B1 where 1 = 7, 2 = 17, 3 = 27, 4 = 37, 5 = 47)
      Thank You
    • By asiawatcher
      hi below i got one script i made which runs audacity starts a recording and ends it at specific times

when i run the script even if it isn't the time to start audacity and sits idle on taskbar the pc fan gets very loud, when i close the script it comes back to normal 

why this happens ? anything wrong with my code ?? cheers
      #include <INet.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <string.au3> #include <FTPEx.au3> #include <ClipBoard.au3> #include <date.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <IE.au3> #Include <Constants.au3> #Include <INET.au3> #include <SendMessage.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> while 1 if @HOUR = '11' And @MIN = '00' Then  Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) SLEEP(2000) if ProcessExists("audacity.exe") Then winactivate("Audacity") EndIf      Send("r") ;;KREVATI Sleep(1000 * 60) endif if @HOUR = '23' And @MIN = '00' Then  if ProcessExists("audacity.exe") Then winactivate("Audacity") EndIf Send("s") Sleep(1000 * 60) EndIf wend  
    • By Jamestay97
      Hello! Thanks you for looking at my post
      **No source code I'm sorry work related can't copy information**
      I've been using autoit for about 1 year. 
      I'm having trouble automating a click on an internet explorer web page and I've tried a lot of examples from help pages and forums already. The object I'm trying to click on isnt always in the same spot so I can't use mouse click or control click, I have tried to use the different get collection options and clickbyname, or index or get object. I'm just struggling. 
      Description of object I'm trying to click -- 
      HTML Code looks like <a ng-click.. "Click Here" it appears it's just a click able object named "click here" that opens a hidden window by running a script inside the web page. I'm not able to grab the information from the window unless it's open so I have to automate this click somehow. 

I understand it's difficult to assist without having something to look at, I apologize for that sincerely and appreciate and assistance and suggestions. 
    • By kingjacob90
      Hi
      So I am trying to click the green button, this button is not always in the same place. So fare I am trying to click it by finding the color but there is also something else with the same color on the screen (circled in yellow) that is causing issues. Is there a way to use the Title and Class of the window (can't be just the window as there are more than one with the same name).
      How does AutoIt Info get this information?