Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beomagi

MultiSphere plotter for minecraft with Open GL viewer

1 post in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Minecraft is a game, where the objective is to mine blocks of a voxel based landscape and place them as you wish to construct what you wish within the confines of said voxel based patterns.

Minor enemies come out at night, but there's no big boss, no real drive other than mining or building.

So what happens if you're constructing something geometrically complex?

There's an online flash based tool for this purpose (not by me) - http://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz.php

Now, I liked this tool and wanted to make enhancements for my own purposes - what if I wanted intersecting spheres? what if I want spheres to act as erasers to voxels placed by another?

Of course the sky is the limit with ideas like this, so I decided to start putting it into action instead of just wondering. Using libraries made by trancexx

Same as attached (mirror)

http://beomagi.dyndns.org/picture_net/techzamples/voxelEQ.zip

The idea is I want to specify multiple spheres, some are inclusion "brushes" some are erasers, and eventually add parameters for skew, compression etc. perhaps other shapes too.

Modify the entries in voxelEQ.txt to specify where to draw spheres and how large using simple coordinate system.

;s draw a sphere
;i include voxels from sphere
;e exclude these voxels
;s,i/e, x, y, z, radius

s,i,0,0,-4,10
s,i,0,0,4,10
s,i,0,0,0,10
s,i,0,0,-8,8
s,i,0,0,8,8

s,e,0,2,-4,9
s,e,0,2,4,9
s,e,0,2,0,9
s,e,0,2,-8,6.5
s,e,0,2,8,6.5
s,e,0,20,0,23

Run VoxelEQ.exe/au3. This brings up the primary plotting tool, which shows how to build the shape in minecraft from bottom up. Either click plot ot start changing the "Y" level in the up-down box to start plotting.

post-7775-0-82671700-1336254685_thumb.jp

click on the 3d opengl button and it will simple open voxelEQ_GL.exe.

post-7775-0-40421600-1336254677_thumb.jp

Mouse button 1 - rotate about x/y axis

Mouse button 2 - rotate about x/z axis

Mouse button 1+2 - reset orientation

Possible enhancements -

• Editor for the voxelEQ.txt
  • File selector for data file
  • Color option for voxelEQ.txt
  • Other shapes..

voxelEQ.zip

Edited by Beomagi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• seangriffin
      By seangriffin
      Here's the beginnings of SFML (the Simple and Fast Multimedia Library) for AutoIT. 
      This library provides a wealth of features for developing games and multimedia applications.  You can read up more about SFML here -> http://www.sfml-dev.org.  It uses OpenGL as the renderer for 2D graphics such as sprites, so it's performance is quite good.
      Currently my interest is in 2D sprite engines, so my focus is on the sprite and window APIs.  This is the precursor to another separate UDF I'm working on and will release soon.  If there's any interest I'll flesh out more of this API for the community.
      CSFML is the "C" binding / API for SFML, and it's this API that I'm building this UDF against.
      REQUIREMENTS:
      AutoIt3 3.2 or higher LIST OF FUNCTIONS (so far):
      _CSFML_Startup _CSFML_Shutdown _CSFML_sfClock_create _CSFML_sfClock_getElapsedTime _CSFML_sfClock_restart _CSFML_sfVector2f_Constructor _CSFML_sfVector2f_Update _CSFML_sfVector2f_Move _CSFML_sfColor_Constructor _CSFML_sfColor_fromRGB _CSFML_sfSizeEvent_Constructor _CSFML_sfEvent_Constructor _CSFML_sfVideoMode_Constructor _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_create _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_setVerticalSyncEnabled _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_isOpen _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_pollEvent _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_clear _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_drawText _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_drawSprite _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_display _CSFML_sfRenderWindow_close _CSFML_sfTexture_createFromFile _CSFML_sfSprite_create _CSFML_sfSprite_destroy _CSFML_sfSprite_setTexture _CSFML_sfSprite_setPosition _CSFML_sfSprite_setRotation _CSFML_sfSprite_rotate _CSFML_sfSprite_setOrigin _CSFML_sfFont_createFromFile _CSFML_sfText_create _CSFML_sfText_setString _CSFML_sfText_setFont _CSFML_sfText_setCharacterSize _CSFML_sfText_setFillColor EXAMPLE:
      Currently I only have one example, which is the "Short example" described in the CSFML API documentation, plus some extra features.  Essentially a window (GUI) allowing you to move a sprite around with the keyboard (including rotation).
      DOWNLOAD:
      You can download this UDF, including the example and associated files, from the following GitHub page:
      https://github.com/seanhaydongriffin/CSFML-UDF
      Cheers,
      Sean.
    • UEZ
      By UEZ
      Here some graphical examples written completely in FreeBasic just for fun.  
      3D Starfield Scrolling v1 Booster 3D Starfield Scrolling v3 Booster GDI - GDI+ 3D Sinus Wave GDI - GDI+ Animated Pythagoras Tree GDI - GDI+ Particles - Repulsive Force Sim v2.0 GDI - GDI+ Plasma v5 Booster GDI - GDI+ Random Pattern GDI - GDI+ Tunnel Flight - WipeOut Style GDI Classic Raytraced Tunnel GDI Elastic Twister Effect GDI Exploding Pixels GDI Liquid Pixels GDI Particle Repulsion Grid GDI Particles Mouse Attraction GDI Starfield GDI The Nautilus Raymarcher GDI+ Performance Test - Au3 vs FB Mandelbrot Rutt_Etra_Izer_Booster  
      Download: FreeBasic Examples build 2017-01-22.7z
      I will add new examples from time to time.

FreeBasic source codes are also included.

• AmarokStudios
      By AmarokStudios
      Hello fellow scripters, I have a challenge for you!
      This is Timothy and after being a member here for a while, I decided to make my second post!

I am designing a VERY advanced Minecraft bot with AutoIt V3 but I've run into a little problem. I don't know how to make a connection to the Minecraft Authentication server. I'm trying to have the user login to their Minecraft account through an AutoIt GUI so they will be able to talk and run commands on a server without having to have Minecraft open.
      I need to pass the username and password variables to the authentication server and I need to retrieve the results of either Success or Failure.
      If you have any ideas on how to do this, please let me know. I know it's possible to make external connections to the server because Minecraft clients do it all the time in Java.
      Thank you in advance!

The URL for the mojang authentication server is https://authserver.mojang.com/authenticate
    • Kanashius
      By Kanashius
      This Programm can be used to play Minecraft with Controller instead of Mouse. (Using XInput_UDF from Oxin8)
      For more information and direct executables, please visit my website: <snip>
      If you like it, please leave me a comment, also if you have any suggestions to make it better or if you found bugs.
      <snip>

• corgano
      By corgano
      What I am attempting to do is use AutoIt to read and write to the minecraft (bukkit) console
      The console itself comes up as a cmd window when you start the jar with a .bat file. So far I have been able to read FROM StdoutRead, but I have had less success writing TO the console and getting any kind of response. Here is the server, example .bat file, and the following script:

#include <GuiEdit.au3> OnAutoItExitRegister("close") hotkeyset("{ENTER}","enter") $GUI = GUICreate("MC Console Wrapper", 514, 251, 192, 124) $Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 8, 497, 209, 2101312) $Input = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 8, 224, 497, 21) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### $temp = FileFindFirstFile("*.bat") $server = run(FileFindNextFile($TEMP),@WorkingDir,default,0x7) ConsoleWrite($server&@CRLF) While 1 $temp = "" $temp = StderrRead($server) if @extended > 2 then GUICtrlSetData($Edit,guictrlread($Edit)&@CRLF&$temp) _GUICtrlEdit_Scroll($Edit, 7) EndIf $temp = StdoutRead($server) if @extended > 2 then GUICtrlSetData($Edit,guictrlread($Edit)&@CRLF&$temp) _GUICtrlEdit_Scroll($Edit, 7) EndIf $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case -3 Exit EndSwitch WEnd func enter() if WinActive($gui) Then If guictrlread($Input) <> "" Then StdinWrite($server,guictrlread($Input)) consolewrite(@error&@CRLF) GUICtrlSetData($Input,"") EndIf Else hotkeyset("{ENTER}") send("{enter}") hotkeyset("{ENTER}","enter") EndIf EndFunc func close() Do ProcessClose("java.exe") until ProcessExists("java.exe") = 0 EndFunc Any help would be appreciated