Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikitanova

Display a list of images (As in an album)

3 posts in this topic

Hello friends

I have a question regarding displaying a list of images.

What I want is to display a list of image thumbnails in a photo gallery/album. I have used listview control to display icons with texts. I want the same thing here. But just one little difference. I want the icons to be "bigger" (and not just icons).

When the user clicks on an image, a new window opens with the full view of the image. (The same thing that windows explorer does).

If I am still unable to explain it properly, then, all I want is to make something like the FaceBook photo album.

I know how to display a single image etc..

I wrote code to generate thumbnails.

I just need help displaying the list of images (as images, not text) in a listview. (A custom listview or some other control will be fine too). I have only ~40 images to show, so performance is not an issue.

Thanks a lot in advance

Nikita Nova

Hi, nikitanova. Rather than a listview, why not use GUICtrlCreatePic? You can then set the action for each thumbnail to be opening the picture in the default viewer. Something like this should give you what you want:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $msg
GUICreate("My Pics")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir & "1.jpg", 10, 10, 75, 75)
   $pic2 = GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir & "2.jpg", 95, 10, 75, 75)

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
           Select
              Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                 ExitLoop
              Case $msg = $pic1
                 ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "1.jpg")
              Case $msg = $pic2
                 ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "2.jpg")
           EndSelect
    WEnd
GUIDelete()

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Since you have ~40 pictures, it might be easier to loop through all the pictures. This creates all the pictures in the same position on the gui, and hides all but one of the pictures. There are 2 buttons for you to set which picture you are viewing:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
Global $hForm = GUICreate("Pictures", 280, 200)
Global $iPicCount = 40;
Global $avHPics[$iPicCount]
For $i = 1 To $iPicCount
$avHPics[$i-1] = GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir & "pic" & $i & ".png", 100, 50, 100, 100)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_HIDE)
Next
Global $hButtonLeft = GUICtrlCreateButton("<-----", 20, 50, 60, 25)
Global $hButtonRight = GUICtrlCreateButton("----->", 220, 50, 60, 25)
Global $iCurrentPic = 1; 1-based index of the currently shown picture
GUICtrlSetState($avHPics[0], $GUI_SHOW)
GUISetState()
Global $msg
While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $msg
  Case -3
   Exit
  Case $avHPics[0] To $avHPics[$iPicCount-1]
   ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "pic" & $avHPics[_ArraySearch($avHPics, $msg) + 1] & ".png")
  Case $hButtonLeft
   GUICtrlSetState($avHPics[$iCurrentPic-1], $GUI_HIDE)
   $iCurrentPic -= 1
   If $iCurrentPic < 1 Then $iCurrentPic = $iPicCount
   GUICtrlSetState($avHPics[$iCurrentPic-1], $GUI_SHOW)
  Case $hButtonRight
   GUICtrlSetState($avHPics[$iCurrentPic-1], $GUI_HIDE)
   $iCurrentPic += 1
   If $iCurrentPic > $iPicCount Then $iCurrentPic = 1
   GUICtrlSetState($avHPics[$iCurrentPic-1], $GUI_SHOW)
EndSwitch
WEnd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Monica
      By Monica
      Hi guys!! I'm going crazy... please help me -.-
      First, open the attached screenshot. Second: I'd like to grab info from external window. The program is "Metatrader4", a tool for trading and charts analysis.
      The function _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText() return an empty string! I tried to change the index $index (the second parameter) into Number($index), as recommended by other similar posts in this forum, but this did not solve my problem 
      Well, why I'm going mad? Because in my mind an UDF approach works great or it does not work at all; instead, in my code something works and something else does not. I really don't understand why... and you?
      THXX!!!!  
      $handle=ControlGetHandle("Expert - "&$expertname,"",1383);List: Variable|Value For $i=0 To _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($handle)-1;WORKS!!! $temp=_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($handle,0+$i);RETURN EMPTY STRING :-( MsgBox(0, "", $temp) $temp = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($handle,$i);WORKS!!! MsgBox(0, "", $temp) Next  

• fatpig
      By fatpig
      Dear AutoIT Community.
      I am currently working on a program that will display lots of images in a scroll down GUI.
      I create the GUI based on the number of images, which works fine.
      But all images I place using GuiCtrlCreatePic above a threshold of around 32000 pixels (cant say exactly) are placed at negative locations and finally will reach 0 again
      and will then populate on top of the images placed there before.
      For $i = 1 To $Images[0] ; Get picture dimensions $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($ImgRep & $Images[$i]) $iX = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage) $iY = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) ; Resize & place images in GUI $Pic[$i] = GUICtrlCreatePic($ImgRep & $Images[$i], $Spacer, Round($yPos, 0), $MaxImgWidth, $MaxImgWidth * ($iY / $iX)) $yPos = $yPos + $MaxImgWidth * ($iY / $iX) + $Spacer $log = $log & "|" & $yPos $currentlut = $Images[1] Next I have found a limit at 32767 pixels for some GUI elements when googling around.
      Can someone tell me how to circumvent that?
      thanks!
      cheers
      Felix
    • mLipok
      By mLipok
      I was not lucky to find the right function so I created it by my self:
      _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnID_ByName()
      Example:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() GUICreate("ListView Get Column ID", 400, 300) Local $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Alfa|Beta|Gama", 2, 2, 394, 268) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnOrder($idListview, "2|0|1") MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Information", "Column ID: " & _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnID_ByName($idListview, 'Gama')) ; Loop until the user exits. Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example Func _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnID_ByName($hListView, $sColumnToFind) Local $iColumn_Count = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hListView) Local $aColumns For $iColumn_idx = 0 To $iColumn_Count - 1 $aColumns = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumn($hListView, $iColumn_idx) If $aColumns[5] = $sColumnToFind Then Return $iColumn_idx EndIf Next Return SetError(1, 0, -1) EndFunc ;==>_GUICtrlListView_GetColumnID_ByName  
    • UEZ
      By UEZ
      Here a small tool I wrote to update my Sysinternal tools collection without the need to download always the whole package or visiting the site to check for updates. I know that there are several tools available (also some tools written in AutoIt) but here another one for the collection. It was good exercise for me to code it.

Some files from cannot be downloaded although they are visible on the web site!

Here the download link of the source code only: AutoIt Sysinternal Tools Synchronizer v0.99.1 build 2017-10-23 beta.7z  (1353 downloads previously)
      -=> Requires AutoIt version 3.3.13.20 or higher / tested on Win8.1 real machine and some VMs: Win7 / Vista / Win10

Compiled exe only: @MediaFire

Just select the Sysinternal Tools folder or create one and press the synchronize button to download the selected items. Click on AutoIt label (near to left upper corner) to open menu.

Special thanks to LarsJ, Melba23 and mesale0077 for their help. 

I've still some ideas to implement which are more gimmick related, so it is not finished yet...
      If you want to add your language please check out #Region Language. Thanks. 

Please report any bug or if you have any suggestions.

The language of the tool tip from each of the executable in the left list view were automatically created using Google translator and weren't checked for correctness.

Br,
      UEZ
    • 0Ethan0
      By 0Ethan0
      Ahoy Autoit Community!
      After many trials and errors I am unable to solve a problem I am facing and would appreciate any kind of input or better yet a solution 
      The Premise: An embeded slideshow viewer that runs after double-clicking an item in a ListView (each item will generate a different slideshow images).
      The Setup: GUI with a ListView Control and a simple exit button.
      The Issue: Once double clicked the slide plays however the GUI "locks"/non responsive until the slide is over. Same thing if I click on the "Test" button.
      The Culprit: I believe since it's in the images loop it can't accept any other commands until that loop is over.
      The Wish: I want to be able to use the GUI functions (selecting other items, clicking on button etc.) while the slideshow plays.
      The Code (stripped and simplified as much as I could):
      #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) HotKeySet("{Esc}", "_Exit") Global $c=0 Global $ssGDI[3], $ssGraphic[2], $ssImage Global Const $bg_color = "000000" Global Const $ssW = 480, $ssH = 320 Global $aFiles = _FileListToArrayRec("d:\testStage\", "*.jpg;*.png;*.bmp;*.gif;*.JPG;*.PNG;*.BMP;*.GIF", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_NORECUR ,$FLTAR_SORT ,$FLTAR_FULLPATH ) $guiW = 1200 $guiH = 726 $mainWindow = GUICreate("Slideshow Viewer", $guiW, $guiH, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 0, 0, 50, 50) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Button1, "_Exit") $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 60, 0, 50, 50) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Button1, "Test") Global $ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Entry Name|Category", 5, 75, 195, 280) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth ($ListView, 0, 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth ($ListView, 1, 100) GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES) GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Name 1|Category 1", $ListView) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Name 2|Category 2", $ListView) screenshotWidgetInit($ssW,$ssH, 690, 100) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $mainWindow) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_Notify_Events") While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _Exit() EndSwitch WEnd Func Test() For $k = 1 To UBound($aFiles) - 1 screenshotWidgetTransition($aFiles[$k]) Next EndFunc Func ListView_Click() ConsoleWrite("Left Click") EndFunc Func ListView_DoubleClick() ConsoleWrite("Double Left Click") Test() EndFunc Func WM_Notify_Events($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam Local $tagNMHDR, $event, $hwndFrom, $code $tagNMHDR = DllStructCreate("int;int;int", $lParam) If @error Then Return $event = DllStructGetData($tagNMHDR, 3) Select Case $wParam = $ListView Select Case $event = $NM_CLICK ListView_Click () Case $event = $NM_DBLCLK ListView_DoubleClick () EndSelect EndSelect Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc Func screenshotWidgetTransition($image, $delay = 0, $speed = 1, $sleep = 2000) Local $a, $d = $c, $iX, $iY $ssImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($image) $iX = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($ssImage) $iY = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($ssImage) $FDesktop=$ssH/$ssW $Fact =1 If $iX > $ssW And $FDesktop > ($iY/$iX) Then $Fact=$ssW/$iX ElseIf $iY > $ssH Then $Fact=$ssH/$iY EndIf $H1 = Round(($Fact * $iY),0) $W1 = Round(($Fact * $iX),0) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($ssGraphic[$d], $ssImage,($ssW - $W1)/2, ($ssH - $H1) / 2,$W1,$H1) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", 0) WinSetOnTop($ssGDI[$d], "", 1) For $a = 0 To 254 Step $speed WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", $a) Sleep($delay) Next WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", 254) WinSetOnTop($ssGDI[Not ($d)], "", 0) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[Not ($d)], "", 0) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[Not ($d)]) $c = 1 - $d _GDIPlus_ImageDispose ($ssImage) ; very important to realease the pics Sleep($sleep) EndFunc ;==>screenshotWidgetTransition Func screenshotWidgetInit($ssW,$ssH,$ssX,$ssY) $ssGDI[2] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, $ssX, $ssY, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $mainWindow) $ssGDI[0] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, 3, 3, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $ssGDI[2]) $ssGDI[1] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, 3, 3, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $ssGDI[2]) ; GUISetBkColor("0x" & $bg_color, $ssGDI[2]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[2]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[0]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[1]) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[0], "", 0) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[1], "", 0) _GDIPlus_Startup() $ssGraphic[0] = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($ssGDI[0]) $ssGraphic[1] = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($ssGDI[1]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[0], "0xFF" & $bg_color) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[1], "0xFF" & $bg_color) EndFunc ;==>screenshotWidgetInit Func _Exit() _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($ssImage) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($ssGraphic[0]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($ssGraphic[1]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[0]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[1]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[2]) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Exit EndFunc ;==>_Exit I hope someone can shed light on this; perhaps a different approach is needed?
      Thank you in advance!
      P.S.
      The script is patched from different scripts of different users in the forum - thank you again users!