Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Athos

Button with no Control Info

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I have a question for how to hit a button that doesn't have a control id?

I'm rewriting my test automation so that it can work from a locked workstation. The problem with that is that I click on a button that doesn't have any control id.

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Erase

Class: Dialog

Position: 233, 307

Size: 229, 346

Style: 0x96CC0000

ExStyle: 0x00000100

Handle: 0x00080FC4

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:

Instance:

ClassnameNN:

Name:

Advanced (Class):

ID:

Text:

Position:

Size:

ControlClick Coords:

Style:

ExStyle:

Handle:

My question is what do I do in this situation? Does that button have no id or is it just hidden? Remember, I can't activate the window because I want it to work on a locked machine.

Besides the ok button, there is also a cancel button with no control info either.

Thanks,

Edited by Athos

I found a solution :)

Turns out a I don't need a control id (My mistake was assuming it was a required field)

I can just use the window title and press enter.

ControlSend(WindowTitle, "","","{ENTER}")

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• robcull
      By robcull
      Hello all! I have had some issues reading text from different types of windows, occasionally, specifically with controlgettext. 
      **Before I begin, I know there are better ways to do what I attempt in the example below. That's not the point of this post. The point is my issues with controlgettext. 
      I am about to cite an example with an application you may be familiar with called SpeedFan (v4.52). My problem is not specific to speedfan, it is simply the most recent and easily reproducible example I can think of. 
      So, the goal of the script below is to get a string of text containing the current fan RPMs from the highlighted control in the screenshot below (see "speedfan_control_details.png").

Now, here's a simple script for grabbing the window handle and reading the text from that control: 
      $wintitle = "SpeedFan 4.52" $controlID = "197934" ;will be reformatted as "[ID:######]" $hwnd = wingethandle($wintitle) if @error<>0 then msgbox(0, "WinGetHandle", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) Exit EndIf $text = ControlGetText($hwnd, "", "[ID:"&$controlID&"]") if @error=1 then msgbox(0, "ControlGetText", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) ;failure returns "" and @error=1 Exit EndIf msgbox (0, "ControlGetText", "SUCCESS. @error="&@error &@CRLF& "$text="&$text) ;success returns string and @error=0 You'll see that the ControlGetText operation runs without error, however it does not capture any text from the control. If you explore the other controls in this one window, you'll find mixed results across the board. Neither the temps nor voltages can be read, while the log field and some other elements can be read. Even when you read the text from the whole window, those elements are not included in the visible nor hidden texts. 

I have run into this issue many times in the past- inconsistencies in the ability of autoit to interact with certain controls. What is it which makes this text different than any other readable texts? Is there an alternate method of reading the text in the window/control which could work? Any and all info to help me solve this mystery and satisfy my curiosity would be greatly appreciated. 
      Thanks  -Rob C
      PS: Running Autoit v3.3.14.2 on Win7 Ultimate x64
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Guys, 
      So with me working in my Virtual Machines in full screen, I often have my Host OS playing music. Now the issue I had was trying to control the Host OS without having to minimise the Guest OS.
      So I thought of this small program. I call it the Volume Control. It resides in the bottom right hand corner of your screen just above the system clock. 
      I'm still working on getting the volume buttons to increase/decrease when you hold down the button.
      Currently, you will need to tap on the volume buttons numerous times to decrease/increase the volume. 
      Any other improvements let me know. 
      The source code, icon and compiled program are already in the zip. 

Volume Controlv1.zip
      Screenshot.bmp
    • CADMonkey
      By CADMonkey
      Hi,
      I have created a bit of code to enable a script to find named controls on a userform, even though the MS CLASS description changes between machines.
      e.g. The CLASS "WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.24b689f_r14_ad1" for a text box on one PC is different on another.
      The below code, (a cut-down version of the code from jdelaney original post)  loops through all the controls and finds the first one with the desired string in the control class name - in this case "EDIT".  This name is then usable for setting the text using ControlSetText.

#include <array.au3> WinActivate("Edit Part Rule") $TheClassName = GetAllWindowsControls(WinGetHandle("Edit Part Rule"), "EDIT") ;Sleep(500) ControlSetText("Edit Part Rule", "", "[CLASS:" & $TheClassName & "; INSTANCE:3]", $CmdLine[1]) ControlSetText("Edit Part Rule", "", "[CLASS:" & $TheClassName & "; INSTANCE:4]", $CmdLine[2]) Func GetAllWindowsControls($hCallersWindow, $sStringIncludes) ; Get all list of controls $sClassList = WinGetClassList($hCallersWindow) ; Create array $aClassList = StringSplit($sClassList, @CRLF, 2) ; Sort array _ArraySort($aClassList) _ArrayDelete($aClassList, 0) ; Loop For $i = 0 To UBound($aClassList) - 1 If StringInStr($aClassList[$i], $sStringIncludes) Then Return $aClassList[$i] EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>GetAllWindowsControls If anyone has any suggestions to improve it, or a better way to achieve the same thing, please let me know.

• rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      A UDF with Extended Functions for Window Management

DISCLAIMER:
      This UDF is still in the development phase. All code works and should be generally bug free, however function names and parameters are subject to change.

Notes:
      Fixes _WindowGetClassList's barbaric returning of a @LF separated string instead of an array.

Potential Uses:
      Automating applications that change their controls' handles/classes on each launch (e.g. half of Cisco's programs)

Functions:
      _WinGetClassList
      _WinGetClassNNList
      _WindowGetHandleList
      _WindowGetHandleListFromPos

Download: 
      WindowEx.zip  (v0.4)

Changelog:
      10/04/2016 (v0.4): _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Returning an Index when using $2D_ARRAY _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Properly returning $aArray[x][1] on Classes with instances > 9 when using $2D_ARRAY 10/03/2016 (v0.3): _WinGetClassList Added : Exactly the same as WinGetClassList but returns a more civilized Array _WinGetClassNNList Added : Returns Classes and their instances in either a 1D or 2D array depending on Flags _WindowGetHandleList Renamed: _WinGetHandleList SCRIPT BREAKING! _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Renamed: _WinGetHandleListFromPos SCRIPT BREAKING! 10/01/2016 (v0.2): WindowsExConstants.au3 Added : Flags in _WindowGetHandleListFromPos _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Removed: ConsoleWrite left in during debug _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Flag for if part of a Control is at $X, $Y return it as well. 10/01/2016 (v0.1): _WindowGetHandleList Added : Retrieves the handles of classes from a window. _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Retrieves the handles of classes at a specific position from a window. Known and Reported Bugs:
      None reported To Do:
      To Be Decided. Opinions welcome! Upcoming Changes:
      To Be Decided.
    • Aphotic
      By Aphotic
      Just wanted to share my functions for managing a GUI with lots of controls and many screens.
      I personally feel that it is very efficient and keeps line count to a minimum.
      And if it's not, I'll learn a better solution!
      Note: There are some conditional veriables such as $changes and $cont that are modified by the main loop in this particular script; they are meant as an example, please don't try too hard to understand why they're used.
      *Usage*
      This allows you to re-state a handful of buttons in one line when doing slight GUI changes:
      ToggleCTRL($GUI_DISABLE, $dALO, $dAAF, $dRLA) (A few buttons on a certain screen)
      ToggleCTRL($GUI_DISABLE, $dSAV, $dCAN) (Save/Cancel buttons)
      AND
      A single line solution to switching a GUI "screen":
      GuiMod("MAIN", $GUI_HIDE)
      GuiMod("DETAILS", $GUI_SHOW)
      GuiMod("PLANS", $GUI_HIDE)
      Another way I've used this to my advantage is as follows:
      Say a GUI has 3 or 4 main screens, and 3 or 4 "form" screens.
      When switching to a form screen, save the main screen that it was on to a variable; then once the user is done with the form, either submitting or cancelling, you can call the variable to revert back to the main screen it was on.
      Func _GuiMod($i, $tog, $act = True) Switch $i Case "MAIN" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW And $changes Then $changes = False ControlClick($GUI, "", $LOGfg) Else EndIf If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 535, 445) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $TAB, $LOGfl, $LOGfc, $LOGfi, $LOGfg, $LOGta, $LOGvd) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $LOGtp, $LOGse) Case "DETAILS" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 535, 475) Local $cont = True If $tog = $GUI_SHOW And $act Then If Not UpdateDetails() Then $cont = False _GuiMod("MAIN", $GUI_SHOW) EndIf EndIf If $cont Then _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dUID, $dICU, $dACC, $dCOF, $dNAM, $dCO2, $dIPW, $dEMA, $dEDI, $dLOG, $dMOD) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dUPD, $dINP, $dAPL, $dALO, $dAAF, $dPLL, $dLOL, $dAFL, $dSAV, $dCAN, $dRPL) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dRLA, $dACT, $dAC2, $dRET, $dDEL, $dADD, $dMQC) EndIf Case "ADD-INPUT" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nCOMi, $nCO2i, $nNAMi, $nNAMb, $nEMAi, $nPREc, $nACCc, $nICUi, $nADDi, $nNOTi) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nAPLb, $nALOb, $nAAFb, $nPLAl, $nLOCl, $nAFFl, $nRPLb, $nRLAb, $nADDb, $nCLEb) Case "PLANS" If $tog <> $GUI_SHOW Or Not $changing Then If $act Then _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dMOD, $dLOG, $dUPD, $dDEL) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dINP, $dAPL, $dALO, $dAAF, $dPLL, $dLOL, $dAFL, $dSAV, $dCAN, $dRPL, $dRLA) EndIf Case "CHANGE" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dITL, $dITC, $dAML, $dAMC, $dSCB, $dCCB, $dEAB) If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then GUICtrlSetState($dRET, $GUI_DISABLE) Else GUICtrlSetState($dRET, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf Case "NEW" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 465, 475) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $TAB, $nCOMl, $nCOMi, $nCO2l, $nCO2i, $nNAMl, $nNAMi, $nEMAl, $nEMAi, $nPREl, $nPREc) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nACCl, $nACCc, $nPAEb, $nICUl, $nICUi, $nADDi, $nAPLb, $nALOb, $nAAFb, $nPLAl, $nLOCl) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nAFFl, $nRPLb, $nNOTl, $nNOTi, $nADDb, $nCLEb, $nLAST) Case "ACCESS" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 465, 330) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $ACCd1, $ACCd2, $TYPla, $TYPli, $TYPad, $TYPde, $TYPmu, $TYPmd, $ACCla, $ACCli) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $ACCde, $ACCmu, $ACCmd, $ACCdl, $ACCdi, $ACCal, $ACCai, $ACCaa, $taRET) Case "TPi" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpOPEb, $tpCREr, $tpLINr, $tpCO2i, $tpEMAi, $tpEMAl, $tpCREb, $tpCOPb, $tpCOPi, $tpCTOi, $tpCGOb) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpICUi, $tpPLAi, $tpLINb, $tpDLIb, $tpUFMi, $tpSCAl, $tpCFAr, $tpCBAr) Case "TPC" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpCO2l, $tpCO2i, $tpCOPl, $tpCOPi, $tpCREb, $tpCOPb, $tpSEPl, $tpCTOl, $tpCTOi, $tpCGOb, $tpLAST) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpIDNl, $tpIDNi, $tpIDNn, $tpSCAl, $tpEMAi, $tpEMAl, $tpCFAr, $tpCBAr) Case "TPL" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLl, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpICUl, $tpICUi, $tpPLAl, $tpPLAi, $tpLINb, $tpDLIb, $tpUFMl, $tpUFMi, $tpIMAb, $tpIMRb) Case "TPH" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLl, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpUFMl, $tpUFMi, $tpCOCl, $tpCOCi, $tpCOGb) Case "TPD" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpDIDl, $tpDIDi, $tpDIDb) EndSwitch EndFunc Func _ToggleCTRL($tog, $c0 = 0, $c1 = 0, $c2 = 0, $c3 = 0, $c4 = 0, $c5 = 0, $c6 = 0, $c7 = 0, $c8 = 0, $c9 = 0, $c10 = 0, $c11 = 0, $c12 = 0) For $i = 0 To @NumParams GUICtrlSetState(Eval("c" & $i), $tog) Next EndFunc