WSASetService help

:bye: Hello everyone, recently (you could call it a day before yesterday), I made a robot (connected to my PC) which I could control using WinSock. This is fairly easy in C++, but could anyone please guide me how to write the function WSASetService (an example is greatly appreciated) in AU3. All I have done so far is this:

Func _WSASetService()
$WSAQUERYSET = DllStructCreate("dword;wstr;word") ;incomplete structure
$RESULT = DllCall($hWs2_32, "int", "WSASetServiceW", "struct", $WSAQUERYSET, "int", 0, "Dword", 0)
EndFunc

I have no idea for typedefs really. By the way, could anyone tell me how do I search for proper typedefs in the header files of Windows SDK.

Thanks...

MKISH

Edited by MKISH

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

JohnOne, I am just asking for a translation of WSASetServiceW (Winsock) function and WSAQUERYSET structure from C++ to AU3. I don't suppose, you will need C++ code for that.

Well you have written the code and the call in C++ and it's fairly easy, why not just post

your simple fairly easy code you wrote in C++ and it will make it much easier for someone

to translate.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

John, why do you need the code, it's windows API, and he gave you the function and typedef he needed.

Anyway, @OP, I'm confused on why you didn't google it, msdn has what yo need:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms742211%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms741679%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

DllCall and DllStructCreate in the help file have your autoit types.

Just curious on why you're not using the original method if it works still. ( round | wheel )

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Dear Smoke_N,

I had already googled it and thats how I implemented it in C++, but I was not able to translate the types (such as LPGUID, LPWSAVERSION and many others...) to AutoIt. Thats okay in C++ as all I had to do was include Winsock2 header file and everything was done.

The reason for choosing AU3 was that it provides me simplicity (makes the process understandable). One way of doing this would of course be making a DLL with C++ and then calling it via DllCall(), but I rejected it, to make the process understandable.

Regards

DllCall is not much of a problem here. The real problem is WSAQUERYSET structure.