8 posts in this topic
I thought I might share my little Language UDF plus the more powerful SciTE Tool to ship Strings from SciTE into the xml file. While I haven't had the time to fully adapt the small UDF to one of the big XML-UDFs the so called "Language Transmitter" that basically writes the XML file for you runs mostly on "XML DOM wrapper (COM)" by eltorro. The Transmitter should work with other XML-Language-UDFs depending on their encoding.
First let's start with the UDF, there are two functions of interest: _LangInit($sFilePath) and s($sString) As you will have guessed, _LangInit($sFilePath) is called once to initialize the UDF and s($sString) is used to receive the string to your key. Plain and simple.
Now to the actual "new" part, the Language Transmitter. It basically allows you to transfer a selected String from SciTE into a xml file. While doing so it will scan for AutoIt variables, macros etc. and parse the string to fit StringFormat(). It then saves the formatted string in the xml file and returns the formatted call into SciTE. If the selected string is already defined it will directly parse the key into SciTE. To change the default output file, you can either edit the ini-file in the @ScriptDir of the LanguageTransmitter.exe or press Alt+A on empty space again and keep clicking cancel/no until the Transmitter let's you select the current output file. Standard output is strings.xml in the current opened AutoIt Script.
; given the line: MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Error message') ; select 'Error' run the Transmitter follow the instructions, repeat with 'Error message'. Outcome (e.g.): MsgBox(16, s('Error'), s('Error_msg')) ; Variables and Macro example: $sString = "Value: " & $iValue & @CRLF & 'Another value: '& $iValue2 ; Select the full string including all AutoIt variables and macros etc. in SciTE and press Alt+A (default) to run the LanguageTransmitter ; follow the instructions and it will then paste a formatted string like that into SciTE: $sVar = StringFormat(s('Key'), $iValue, $iValue2) ; the correlating xml entry should look like that: ; <string name="Key">Value: %s\r\nAnother value: %s</string> ; as you can see @CRLF has been replaced with \r\n as well. If you are working on a project and want to directly add a string to the xml file just start the Language Transmitter without selecting any text, enter your string and a key.
Since xml files are required all examples can be found in the zip file. There are two examples, one includes a language selection interface.
Language File Checker
I added a script to check whether the xml file contains all required strings or even unnecessary strings.
Hope you like my little helper!
UDF - LanguageSupport.zip
I have a question
about the display language of the system
How can I get the current display language and how can I change it by autoit
Of course, if this is possible
Greetings to all and hope you help me
Hi friends, I have a question, please.
I have created a window containing a edit box
I need to know how to change the keyboard language,
if a user open the script it will be change the keyBord language in window automatically into English
I found more examples but didn't work with me .
I use the windows 10 os
Please help me .
thanks in advance to all
with my Greetings and my appreciation for all users and admins
I post here because i was wonderring if someone in this forum could help me with my script.
What i'm trying to do, is to basically install a new keyboard layout in Windows and activate it. I want to acheive by the registry or the command line, but not with the autoit automation tools, i don't find it stable...
Thanks for your help and have a good day!
Here is a tool coded in AutoIt to edit multiple ini files ( up to 8 at the same time) to include multilanguage support in your script.
The script himself have multilanguage support, simply by using :
To change language, i read my global.ini file witch inform me what ini file i had to use...
ConsoleWrite ( _string_lang(19) ) Func _string_lang($number) $number = _StringRepeat("0",6-StringLen($number)) & $number $string = IniRead($my_ini_folder & $interface_ini_file,"STRING",$number,"NOT_FOUND") Return($string) EndFunc
where 19 is the 19 string in ini file witch look like this :
Todo : Initial ini file not necessarily "english.ini"
Feel free to use it, give me idea, critical or bug found.....
As i am french please be gently