I am not sure i understand what your searching for...

Explain yourself better and dont forget this is not an IE forum. Someone may give you some advices for autoit but not for proxies.

Your not posting any codes or something. No1 is understanding what ur saying.

I feel nothing.It feels great.

What is the way to use proxy with authentication in automating IE? I managed to change proxy and port in registry, but I can't find a way to use login and password for proxy.

Can anyone point to a working way?

Are you talking about authenticating yourself to one of those proxies that asks you for a password and user name in order to use it?

If so, why would you do that? There's like literally thousands of them out there that don't ask you to do that.

I will answer both:

I am not sure i understand what your searching for...

Explain yourself better and dont forget this is not an IE forum. Someone may give you some advices for autoit but not for proxies.

Your not posting any codes or something. No1 is understanding what ur saying.

Are you talking about authenticating yourself to one of those proxies that asks you for a password and user name in order to use it?

If so, why would you do that? There's like literally thousands of them out there that don't ask you to do that.

We have a corporate proxy, that we use to access internet. And this proxy uses authentication, so I have to input login and password each time I open Internet Explorer. A window pops up asking for login and password:

Posted Image

Is there a way to avoid this window? I know that this is not an IE forum, but I'm trying to create an AutoIt script that uses our corporate proxy. No reason to post the whole script because it doesn't go further than this:

#include <ie.au3>

Global $oIE = _IECreate("http://test.local", 0, 1, 1, 0)
  • Moderators

Hi,

I was asked to look at this thread as it mentions "login". As it is only a simple dialog box that needs to be automated and is not a "forum or site auto-login" I am happy for the thread to continue. :)

ogloed,

I suggest you use the Window Info tool (Your_AutoIt_PathAutoIt3Au3Info.exe) to get the information on that dialog GUI and controls and then look at ControlSend/Click in the Help file. You will find the <Using AutoIt - Window Titles and Text (Advanced)> page of the Help file (scroll down to the bottom) useful as well so that you know what it is you need to put in the various parameters of those functions. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I suggest you use the Window Info tool (Your_AutoIt_PathAutoIt3Au3Info.exe) to get the information on that dialog GUI and controls and then look at ControlSend/Click in the Help file. You will find the <Using AutoIt - Window Titles and Text (Advanced)> page of the Help file (scroll down to the bottom) useful as well so that you know what it is you need to put in the various parameters of those functions. ;)

Thank you. I'm aware of methods of handling GUI windows and controls. I just wanted script to run IE in invisible mode while doing some other work on the PC, but this particular login window keeps coming up out of sudden and it messes up my work.

• 8 years later...
Posted (edited)

I know this topic is crazy old but if anyone else stumbles across this there is a solution. Windows credentials manager. Adding your proxies IP along with username and password as a Generic Windows credential will get picked up by all IE instances and will authenticate for you.

Also  you can modify these credentials programmatically using the command line, "cmdkey", and to change proxies programmatically, use registry edits on your internet options.

Edited by bailey1274
how to edit creds

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WilliamasKumeliukas
      2021.07.15 News: Project is NOT dead! I am still very devoted into accomplishing this project, I am spending my every bit of energy that is left at end of the day (when there is any) for this project and it really does challenge my knowledge in AutoIt language but I won't give up  
      Hi,
      I started this project alone in May 2020 as project in my spare time at work, I'm working for a IT company that started opening their services to residential customers few months ago and now my position in the company kind of drifted in the doom and gloom world of repetitive tasks like: Reinstallation + Configuration of Windows 10.
      The procedure is very repetitive and I started feeling like being a robot which is the main reason I started this project.

==============================FAQ==================================
      1. Q: Do you want this project to be accomplished with the usage of AutoIt ONLY or 3rd party tools / Scripts (BATCH / POWERSHELL / VB) ? A: No, if I cannot find a way using AutoIt to accomplish a task I will move to my Plan B which consist of automating an 3rd party tool to accomplish the affected task until a solution is found. 2. Q: What do I get from helping/collaborating in this project? A: I will personally take the responsibility to mention you in the credits of this project. 3. Q: If I have more questions, can I ask? A: Certainly! feel free to ask any questions related to this project! 4. Q: What is the main goal of this project? A: Automating Windows 10 configuration without user interaction needed (as much as possible) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Current progression of the project (more will be added in future)
      « Blue = Info || Yellow = Unfinished/Untested || Purple = Could be better || Green = Done ||Red = Not Yet Started »
      ***Very early Stage ***
      Connect Network Attached Storage(NAS) (Work but missing configuration in GUI - AutoIt only)
      Download & Install up to 600+ softwares (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool + 50/50 Powershell/AutoIt)
       Auto prediction of Apps name of text typed inside input (Tested & Working - AutoIt Only)
      Change OEM Informations (Tested & Working -  AutoIt)
      Disable hibernation (Tested & Working - AutoIt only)
      Change Computer Name (Work but require testing - AutoIt only) 
      Show Computer Information and Smart status on GUI (Tested & Working - AutoIt Only)
      Change .pdf / .pdfxml from Edge to Adobe Reader DC (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Change Edge to Google Chrome as Default Browser (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Windows Updater (Seems to work but require further testing - AutoIt only)
      Install Office 365 / 2013 + Activation (To Do)
      Add L2TP VPN Configuration in Windows Built-in VPN (To Do)
      Save / Load tasks configuration profile in (.ini file) to avoid repeating same configuration twice (In progress - AutoIt Only)
      (EXPERIMENTAL) Install Apps from Microsoft Store with UIAutomation UDF made by: @junkew(Work if you know what your doing)
         P.S: Installing Apps from Microsoft Store will require usage of  UIA spy tool made by @LarsJ which you can download & learn how to use it on UIA Spy Tool thread.
      ***  If this project interest you, Reply here This will greatly help me to see if you'd like this project to become real  ***

Download: W10-Configurator.zip  (2021-07-19) 
      Project Website: W10-Configurator on GitHub 
      ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Best Regards,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas
    • By Pured
      I am looking to create a script which refreshes/reads a webpage every few seconds. My goal is to see if the page has changed, then I will send myself a notification that the webpage has been updated.

However, rather than downloading the entire webpage every single time, is there a way to check when the webpage last updated?

If not, is there away to partially download/read html source until a specific tag is hit?

Goal: I would like to increase my poll rate and not excessively waste data.
    • By rcmaehl
      A UDF to connect and control Five9 on the Local Network via it's provided HTTP API

THIS UDF IS STILL IN TESTING

Current Features:
      Agent Ready
      * Contains most functions needed to control Agent Status  
      PLANNED Features:
      Heavyweight
      * Control most Five9 API functions
      * Full Control over own Status as well as Supervisor functionality
        Helpful Premade Examples Files
      * Examples for almost every function
      * Premade CUI and GUI clients
        Ready for all users, beginner and up
      * Detailed Error Reporting to help pin-point problems
      * Thorough parameter checking to prevent accidental script crashes  
      Support:
      Support for this UDF can be obtained in my Discord Server
    • By rcmaehl
      A UDF to connect and control Cisco Finesse on the Local Network via it's provided HTTP API

Current Features:
      Heavyweight
      * Large feature set, containing most Finesse Desktop API functions  
      PLANNED Features:
      Heavyweight
      * Control over own Status as well as Supervisor functionality
        Helpful Premade Examples Files
      * Examples for almost every function
      * Premade CUI and GUI clients 
        Ready for all users, beginner and up
      * Detailed Error Reporting to help pin-point problems
      * Thorough parameter checking to prevent accidental script crashes  
      Support:
      Support for this UDF can be obtained in my Discord Server
    • By mLipok
      In the past there was many questions about how to: "Automatic file upload using without user interaction"

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/92907-ie-8-input-namenomfic-typefile-idnomfic/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/116899-cant-automate-input-typefile-tag-in-ie/?tab=comments#comment-815478
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/14883-input-typefile/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/188708-how-to-set-the-value-of-an-input-typefile-element/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/91513-how-can-i-auto-set-file-path-for-input-file-in-ie/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/116899-cant-automate-input-typefile-tag-in-ie/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/169190-how-to-script-file-upload-button/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/145327-how-to-deal-with-ie-window-for-upload-a-fileinput-typefile/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/140482-internet-explorer-input-file-problem/

I found solution here: 
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33253517/upload-a-file-via-input-input-in-html-form-with-vba
      and:
      https://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_uploadvbsie/
      And I translate this code to AutoIt3 code:
      ; Upload file using http protocol And multipart/form-data ; v1.01 ; 2001 Antonin Foller, PSTRUH Software Global $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", _ErrFunc) do_vbsUpload() Func do_vbsUpload() #cs ; We need at least two arguments (File & URL) ConsoleWrite('- ' & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF) If $CmdLine[0] < 2 Then InfoEcho() ConsoleWrite('- ' & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF) ; Are some required objects missing? If StringInStr(CheckRequirements(), "Error") > 0 Then InfoEcho() ConsoleWrite('- ' & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF) Local $s_FileName, $s_DestURL, $s_FieldName $s_FieldName = "FileField" ; Default field name For $i_argCounter = 1 To $CmdLine[0] ConsoleWrite('+ '& $i_argCounter& ' >> ' & $CmdLine[$i_argCounter] & @CRLF) Select Case $i_argCounter = 1 ;~ $s_FileName = $CmdLine[$i_argCounter] $s_FileName = @ScriptFullPath Case $i_argCounter = 2 $s_DestURL = $CmdLine[$i_argCounter] Case $i_argCounter = 3 $s_FieldName = $CmdLine[$i_argCounter] EndSelect Next UploadFile($s_DestURL, $s_FileName, $s_FieldName) #ce UploadFile('http://www.dobeash.com/test.html', @ScriptFullPath, 'fileExample') EndFunc ;==>do_vbsUpload ; ******************* upload - begin ; Upload file using input type=file Func UploadFile($s_DestURL, $s_FileName, $s_FieldName) ; Boundary of fields. ; Be sure this string is Not In the source file Const $Boundary = "---------------------------0123456789012" ; Get source file As a binary data. Local $d_FileContents = GetFile($s_FileName) ; Build multipart/form-data document Local $s_FormData = BuildFormData($d_FileContents, $Boundary, $s_FileName, $s_FieldName) ; Post the data To the destination URL IEPostBinaryRequest($s_DestURL, $s_FormData, $Boundary) EndFunc ;==>UploadFile ; Build multipart/form-data document with file contents And header info Func BuildFormData($d_FileContents, $Boundary, $s_FileName, $s_FieldName) Const $s_ContentType = "application/upload" ; The two parts around file contents In the multipart-form data. Local $s_Pre = "--" & $Boundary & @CRLF & mpFields($s_FieldName, $s_FileName, $s_ContentType) Local $s_Po = @CRLF & "--" & $Boundary & "--" & @CRLF ; Build form data using recordset binary field Const $i_adLongVarBinary = 205 Local $oRS = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset") ; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ado/reference/ado-api/append-method-ado?view=sql-server-ver15 $oRS.Fields.Append("b", $i_adLongVarBinary, StringLen($s_Pre) + BinaryLen($d_FileContents) + StringLen($s_Po)) $oRS.Open() $oRS.AddNew() ; Convert Pre string value To a binary data Local $i_LenData = StringLen($s_Pre) $oRS("b").AppendChunk(StringToMB($s_Pre) & StringToBinary(Chr(0))) $s_Pre = $oRS("b").GetChunk($i_LenData) $oRS("b") = "" ; Convert Po string value To a binary data $i_LenData = StringLen($s_Po) $oRS("b").AppendChunk(StringToMB($s_Po) & StringToBinary(Chr(0))) $s_Po = $oRS("b").GetChunk($i_LenData) $oRS("b") = "" ; Join Pre & $d_FileContents & Po binary data $oRS("b").AppendChunk($s_Pre) $oRS("b").AppendChunk($d_FileContents) $oRS("b").AppendChunk($s_Po) $oRS.Update() Local $s_FormData = $oRS("b") $oRS.Close() Return $s_FormData EndFunc ;==>BuildFormData ; sends multipart/form-data To the URL using IE Func IEPostBinaryRequest($s_URL, $s_FormData, $Boundary) ; Create InternetExplorer Local $oIE = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application") ; You can uncoment Next line To see form results $oIE.Visible = True ; Send the form data To $s_URL As POST multipart/form-data request $oIE.Navigate($s_URL, '', '', $s_FormData, _ "Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=" & $Boundary & @CRLF) While $oIE.Busy Wait(1, "Upload To " & $s_URL) WEnd ; Get a result of the script which has received upload ;~ On Error Resume Next Local $s_IE_InnerHTML = $oIE.Document.body.innerHTML MsgBox(0, 'TEST #' & @CRLF & @ScriptLineNumber, $s_IE_InnerHTML) $oIE.Quit() Return $s_IE_InnerHTML EndFunc ;==>IEPostBinaryRequest ; Infrormations In form field header. Func mpFields($s_FieldName, $s_FileName, $s_ContentType) Local $s_MPTemplate = _ ; template For multipart header 'Content-Disposition: form-data; name="{field}";' & _ 'FileName="{file}"' & @CRLF & _ 'Content-Type: {ct}' & @CRLF & @CRLF & _ '' Local $s_Out $s_Out = StringReplace($s_MPTemplate, "{field}", $s_FieldName) $s_Out = StringReplace($s_Out, "{file}", $s_FileName) $s_Out = StringReplace($s_Out, "{ct}", $s_ContentType) Return $s_Out EndFunc ;==>mpFields Func Wait($i_Seconds, $s_Message) MsgBox(64, '', $s_Message, $i_Seconds) EndFunc ;==>Wait ; Returns file contents As a binary data Func GetFile($s_FileName) Local $oStream = ObjCreate("ADODB.Stream") $oStream.Type = 1 ; Binary $oStream.Open() $oStream.LoadFromFile($s_FileName) Local $d_GetFile = $oStream.Read() $oStream.Close() Return $d_GetFile EndFunc ;==>GetFile ; Converts OLE string To multibyte string Func StringToMB($S) Local $I, $B For $I = 1 To StringLen($S) $B &= StringToBinary(Asc(StringMid($S, $I, 1))) Next Return $B EndFunc ;==>StringToMB ; ******************* upload - end ; ******************* Support ; Basic script info Func InfoEcho() Local $sMsg = _ "Upload file using http And multipart/form-data" & @CRLF & _ "Copyright (C) 2001 Antonin Foller, PSTRUH Software" & @CRLF & _ "use" & @CRLF & _ "[cscript|wscript] fupload.vbs file $s_URL [fieldname]" & @CRLF & _ " file ... Local file To upload" & @CRLF & _ " $s_URL ... $s_URL which can accept uploaded data" & @CRLF & _ " fieldname ... Name of the source form field." & @CRLF & _ @CRLF & CheckRequirements() & @CRLF & _ "" ConsoleWrite('! ' & $sMsg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>InfoEcho ; Checks If all of required objects are installed Func CheckRequirements() Local $sMsg = _ "This script requires some objects installed To run properly." & @CRLF & _ CheckOneObject("ADODB.Recordset") & @CRLF & _ CheckOneObject("ADODB.Stream") & @CRLF & _ CheckOneObject("InternetExplorer.Application") & @CRLF & _ "" Return $sMsg ; $sMsgBox $sMsg EndFunc ;==>CheckRequirements ; Checks If the one object is installed. Func CheckOneObject($sClassName) Local $sMsg ObjCreate($sClassName) If @error = 0 Then $sMsg = "OK" Else $sMsg = "Error:" & @error EndIf Return $sClassName & " - " & $sMsg EndFunc ;==>CheckOneObject ; ******************* Support - end ; User's COM error function. Will be called if COM error occurs Func _ErrFunc(ByRef $oError) ; Do anything here. ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName & " (" & $oError.scriptline & ") : ==> COM Error intercepted !" & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.number is: " & @TAB & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.number) & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oError.windescription & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oError.description & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.source is: " & @TAB & @TAB & $oError.source & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oError.scriptline & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.retcode is: " & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.retcode) & @CRLF & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_ErrFunc  
      But I miss something and the code not works as intendend.
      Please join and contribute, in solving this issue, as this will be handy for entire community.
      @mLipok

btw.
      I think that this may be realated to ChrB() which I simply translate to StringToBinary()
      Especialy this :
      StringToBinary(Chr(0))) could be the main issue.
      But for now I'm tired and going to sleep.
      Hope maybe tomorrow somebody solve this issue.