NTFS Data Recovery

joakim

No, you were right, my code works fine for creating the image but has trouble restoring it.

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

I started coding a drive cloning program of my own ........

I have sent the as-is version to a few people to check out, if you would like to look it over I would be happy to send it to you in a PM. Just let me know.

Ian

I'd be happy to do this but nothing much will happen with it until around mid January.

Ddan

OK, I'll PM you shortly.

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.

• 3 months later...

A major overhaul of the tool has been made.

It is now more stable, has more functionality, less bugs, and some documentation (link in first post).

To eliminate confusion, the tool is now named NTFS File Extracter and is at version 4.0.0.0.

Direct link to latest version: http://mft2csv.googlecode.com/files/NTFS_File_Extracter_v4.0.0.0.zip (source and compiled exe)

• 4 months later...

2 things, first when I downloaded your latest version of NTFS file extractor it is full of this kind of thing:

If $Type = Dec("30000000",2)
even though Dec takes no parameters.  Can you explain?

Secondly, where can I get my hands on permissions.au3?

Thanks
Ian

My projects:

2 things, first when I downloaded your latest version of NTFS file extractor it is full of this kind of thing:

If $Type = Dec("30000000",2)
even though Dec takes no parameters.  Can you explain?

Secondly, where can I get my hands on permissions.au3?

Thanks
Ian

I don't understand what you mean, as Dec according to the docs can take 2 parameters; http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Dec.htm

Attached is the permissions.au3.

Permissions.zip

hmm, you are right about Dec though I swear my help file at home did not show parameters.....  Oh well, I knew you wouldn't have made that mistake however many times you used it but it was failing on my machine.

Thanks for the upload of permissions.au3!

Ian

My projects:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi joakim, I know its been a while since anyone has posted here but i have just come across this little tool. looks like it would be handy if i can get it to work. i have a couple of issues.

1) I have mounted an image file with FTK Imager and have a physicaldrive number attached to my PC. I see the volume as NTFS but the file extractor doesnt.

2) "scan shadows" doesnt return any results on my local machine - im running windows 7 x64.

cheers

Skip