Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CartoonDragon

Issue getting the correct STDOUT everytime

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues getting the correct answer back from stdout which makes my program unstable, here is a double example because i've tried both, can someone help with a good idea to get the correct answer everytime?

For $i = 1 to 100 step +1
_Writelog($i & " " & _RunStdOutRead("hostname"))
Next

For $i = 1 to 100 step +1
_Writelog($i & " " & _RunStdOutRead2("hostname"))
Next
Exit

Func _RunStdOutRead($sRunCmd)
Local $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & $sRunCmd, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 4 + 2)
Local $sStdOutRead = ""

While ProcessExists($iPID)
$sStdOutRead &= StdoutRead($iPID)
WEnd

Return $sStdOutRead
EndFunc

Func _RunStdOutRead2($sRunCmd)
Local $foo = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & $sRunCmd, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 4 + 2)
Local $line = ""
While 1
$line &= StdoutRead($foo)
If @error Then ExitLoop
WEnd
;~ MsgBox(0, "STDOUT read:", $line)
Return $line
EndFunc

Func _Writelog($Write)
Local $file = FileOpen("MultiRuntest.txt", 1)
If $file = -1 Then
MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
Exit
EndIf
FileWriteLine($file, $Write)
FileClose($file)
EndFunc
Edited by CartoonDragon

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Here's how I'd do it.

Local $file = FileOpen("MultiRuntest.txt", 1)
If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf
For $i = 1 To 10
    _Writelog($i & " " & _RunStdOutRead("hostname"))
Next

For $i = 1 To 10
    _Writelog($i & " " & _RunStdOutRead2("hostname"))
Next
FileClose($file)
Exit

Func _RunStdOutRead($sRunCmd)
    Local $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & $sRunCmd, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 4 + 2)
    Local $sStdOutRead = ""

While ProcessExists($iPID)
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd

Return StdoutRead($iPID)
EndFunc ;==>_RunStdOutRead

Func _RunStdOutRead2($sRunCmd)
    Local $foo = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & $sRunCmd, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 4 + 2)
    Local $line = ""
    While 1
        $line &= StdoutRead($foo)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
;~ MsgBox(0, "STDOUT read:", $line)
    Return $line
EndFunc ;==>_RunStdOutRead2

Func _Writelog($Write)
    FileWriteLine($file, $Write)
EndFunc ;==>_Writelog
Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

In this very special example you might use the macro @ComputerName to get the local hostname.

Anyway I don't see where your script might fail.

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

Thanks a lot BrewmanNH that worked perfectly!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello Everyone , Are you tired of searching the forum for getting both the exit code & the stdout output? Then you are in the right place!

With this UDF you can get the both output & exit code of the command or the console app! Or you can get the exit code of another process without having to use RunWait...
      Features:
      1. Simple & Lightweight (15 KB)
      2. Detailed comments & description
      3. Flexible functions with many optional parameters
      A BIG THANKS TO PsaltyDS for the functions! 2 of the (main) functions in the UDF are his work

List of functions:
      Downloads:
      Grab the latest (in development) code from GitHub

Hope it may help you, TD

P.S Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com, Modified by TheDcoder
    • OGA
      By OGA
      Hi, I'm new.
      Anyways, I'm using the RunBinary.au3 script by trancexx and I want to re-direct the STDOUT of the "child process" back to the autoit script that launches it. I'm attempting to do so using named pipes. If its possible to use StdoutRead instead of namedpipes please let me know. I'm just unsure of how to provide a handle of the childs STDOUT stream to that function. Though DllCall("kernel32.dll", "ptr", "GetStdHandle", "dword", "STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE") seems to get the handle?
      Please excuse any foolish mistakes because I'm new to STDOUT, runbinary and namedpipes. Here's the parts of the code I'm trying to use that are relevent:
      ;~~~Firstly I think I need to make a pipe that's inheritable.. which I may have done wrong Local $_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES = DllStructCreate("dword Length;" & _ "int lpSecurityDescriptor;" & _ "bool InheritHandle;") ;***Not positive if bool works correctly here? DLLStructSetData($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, "Length", DllStructGetSize($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES)) DLLStructSetData($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, "lpSecurityDescriptor", 0) ;***This sets default state; "If the value of this member is NULL, the object is assigned the default security descriptor associated with the access token of the calling process." but I'm unsure if this is what I should use DLLStructSetData($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, "InheritHandle", true);***True = Inheritable(but again I'm not positive the bool works correctly?) Global $hNamedPipe = _NamedPipes_CreateNamedPipe("\\.\pipe\poopp", _;Name 2, _;Direction: 2=both ;I only need 1 direction but I'm just using this for testing 1, _;Flags: 1=no extra instances of pipe are allowed to run 0, _;Security: No ACL Security 0, _;Type: 0=byte 0, _;ReadType: 0=byte 1, _;Wait: 0=Block(wait) 1=No block(no wait) 1, _;Max Instances of pipe allowed 4096, _;out size 4096, _;in size 9000, _;timeout DllStructGetPtr($_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES));Default=0 which wouldn't make the handle inheritable ;~~~Next I would need to set the STARTUPINFO of the process ;code used by trancexx for the _STARTUPINFO Global $tSTARTUPINFO = DllStructCreate("dword cbSize;" & _ "ptr Reserved;" & _ "ptr Desktop;" & _ "ptr Title;" & _ "dword X;" & _ "dword Y;" & _ "dword XSize;" & _ "dword YSize;" & _ "dword XCountChars;" & _ "dword YCountChars;" & _ "dword FillAttribute;" & _ "dword Flags;" & _ "word ShowWindow;" & _ "word Reserved2;" & _ "ptr Reserved2;" & _ "ptr hStdInput;" & _ "ptr hStdOutput;" & _ "ptr hStdError") ;Attempting to set the values for namedpipe redirection DllStructSetData($tSTARTUPINFO, "Flags", 0x00000100) ;***Flag = STARTF_USESTDHANDLES (I think I set it correctly?) DllStructSetData($tSTARTUPINFO, "hStdOutput", $hNamedPipe) ;***Currently setting the output handle to the SERVER end of the NamePipe I'm creating (which I'm pretty sure is wrong but idk how to use the Client End) ;~~~code used by trancexx for CreateProcess Global $aCall = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "bool", "CreateProcessW", _ "wstr", $sExeModule, _ "wstr", $sCommandLine, _ "ptr", 0, _ "ptr", 0, _ "bool", true, _ ;***changed to inherit handles (not positive I did so correctly) was int 0 before "dword", 4, _ ; CREATE_SUSPENDED ; <- this is essential "ptr", 0, _ "ptr", 0, _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tSTARTUPINFO), _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tPROCESS_INFORMATION)) ;~~~~~Code used in a loop to try to see if anything is being written into the pipe If _IsPressed(35, $hDLL) Then Local $pipeData = _NamedPipes_PeekNamedPipe($hNamedPipe) If @Error Then MsgBox(1,"PipeData Error",@Error & " | " & $pipeData) Else Local $r = _ArrayDisplay($pipeData) If @Error Then MsgBox(1,"Array Error",@Error & " | " & $pipeData) EndIf EndIf  
      I'm not using this exact code cause I changed it around some for the post. I'm mainly wondering how to correctly use the client end of the name pipe? I also had some values I wasn't sure if I set correctly because I don't have experience with com objects. And It seems the process launched needs to be the child?.. Can the process started through the autoitscript can be considered the child process and the script the parent process?

Guides I'm using for this:
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682499(v=vs.85).aspx
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/190351/how-to-spawn-console-processes-with-redirected-standard-handles
    • TLOTS
      By TLOTS
      Hi!
      I'm triying to get the session id to close automatically a RDP session.
      I tried doing this:
      #RequireAdmin #include <Constants.au3> $DOS = Run('C:\Windows\System32\query.exe user', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) ;Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'Query User', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) ;Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'quser', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) ProcessWaitClose($DOS) $Message = StdoutRead($DOS) MsgBox(0,'',$Message) But the $Message is always empty, if I execute any of these commands in a cmd window, it works
      Any idea on why is this falling? there is another way to get this info?

PS: Sorry for my english, i'm not native.
    • tcox8
      By tcox8
      Hello,
      Currently I am running a script that calls a powershell script. To read the results of that I am reading StdOut. I am parsing things accordingly but unfortunately it doesn't parse correctly all the time and I end up missing parts of the string or other problems. My question then is, what is the best results for reading what is returned when running a powershell script or something similar?
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello Everyone , Are you tired of searching the forum for getting both the exit code & the stdout output? Then your are in the right place!

With this UDF you can get the both output & exit code of the command or the console app! Or you can get the exit code of another process without having to use RunWait...
      Features:
      1. Simple & Lightweight (15 KB)
      2. Detailed comments & description
      3. Flexible functions with many optional parameters
      A BIG THANKS TO PsaltyDS for the functions! 2 of the (main) functions in the UDF are his work

List of functions: