TheDcoder

Process UDF, Get both the output & the exit code!

19 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone :), Are you tired of searching the forum for getting both the exit code & the stdout output? Then you are in the right place!

Icon.png

With this UDF you can get the both output & exit code of the command or the console app! Or you can get the exit code of another process without having to use RunWait...

Features:

1. Simple & Lightweight (15 KB)

2. Detailed comments & description

3. Flexible functions with many optional parameters :)

A BIG THANKS TO PsaltyDS for the functions! 2 of the (main) functions in the UDF are his work :)

List of functions:

_Process_RunCommand: Runs a command or a executable

_Process_WaitUntil: Waits until a process starts or quits. Also returns the exit code...

_Process_GetPID: Gets the PID of the process using the name of the process

_Process_GetPath: Get the path of a process along with its arguments (if any)

_Process_GetHandle: Gets the handle of a process, will be used later to retrive the exit code

_Process_CloseHandle: Closes the Process Handle of a process

_Process_GetExitCode: Gets the exit code of a process

_Process_DebugRunCommand: Debugs a command in CMD style, see the example.

Downloads:

Grab the latest (in development) code from GitHub

Hope it may help you, TD :)

P.S Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com, Modified by TheDcoder

Edited by TheDcoder
Add link to GitHub
1 person likes this

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Why you comment this $PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION ?

EDIT: Oh I see it in ProcessConstants.au3

EDIT:
use 

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7

EDIT:
the UDF FileName should be ProcessEx.au3 as Process.au3 exist in standard UDF.

EDIT:
Modified UDF:  Process UDF 0.9.zip

btw.
@TheDcoder publish this UDF in download section.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

Spoiler

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

Search Au3Check in the help file. It's what we use for the UDFs so we don't break peoples code.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

@guinness Thanks! :)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Released new version :), No big changes though

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Did you check my modification ?

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

@mLipok :oops:, I didn't expect that you modified the code, I will include the changes in the next version :)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Released new version :), Change log:

Added _Process_DebugRunCommand (Modified version of DebugRunCommand in the example)

Updated functions, now all set @error to non-zero on failure

Some minor improvements, TD :D

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Released new version! :D, Change Log:

Added _Process_WaitUntil, Waits until a process starts or quits. Also returns the exit code...

Added _Process_GetPID, Gets the PID of the process using the name of the process

Updated _Process_DebugRunCommand, Now returns the output & exit code instead of True

Updated _Process_GetHandle, Now returns 0 instead of False on failure and now also accepts process names :)

Some minor improvements :), You must download this update! Feature Packed!

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Might want to fix these errors...

"C:\Users\guinness\Downloads\Process_UDF_1.1\ProcessEx.au3"(110,79) : warning: $hProcessHandle possibly not declared/created yet
            $hProcessHandle = _Process_GetHandle($vProcess) ; Get the process handle :)
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\guinness\Downloads\Process_UDF_1.1\ProcessEx.au3"(110,79) : warning: $hProcessHandle: declared, but not used in func.
            $hProcessHandle = _Process_GetHandle($vProcess) ; Get the process handle :)
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\guinness\Downloads\Process_UDF_1.1\ProcessEx.au3"(136,68) : warning: $aProcess possibly not declared/created yet
    $aProcess = ProcessList($sProcess) ; List processes with that name
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\guinness\Downloads\Process_UDF_1.1\ProcessEx.au3"(235,58) : warning: $sPartialOutput possibly not declared/created yet
        $sPartialOutput = StdoutRead($iPID) ; Record the output
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\guinness\Downloads\Process_UDF_1.1\ProcessEx.au3"(246,52) : warning: $iExitCode possibly not declared/created yet
    $iExitCode = _Process_GetExitCode($hProcessHandle)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\guinness\Downloads\Process_UDF_1.1\ProcessEx.au3"(253,22) : warning: $nMsg possibly not declared/created yet
        $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\guinness\Downloads\Process_UDF_1.1\ProcessEx.au3"(138,25) : error: _ArrayDisplay(): undefined function.
    _ArrayDisplay($aProcess)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

What the....!? What in the world is happening :blink:? I fixed those errors before releasing to the public... It happen to me before too, I ended up deleting my original file with many modifications, I had to re-download my own UDF and make the changes again step by step... I should investigate ISN AutoIt Studio before I make any modifications :(

Thanks @guinness for pointing out, TD :)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Updated current version: Removed AutoIt Check Derivative, was causing chaos... Turns out that the only glitched part was _ArrayDisplay... I didn't notice the Warnings because ISN does not show warnings :(

@guinness It will work now! TD :D

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

No, if this is a UDF and is to be included in other projects it should be passing Au3Check with those directive settings. We do it for the UDFs so code is clean and well written. Of course it's up to you whether or not you fix. Though be warned, it a user has a Global variable set as $aProcess (which is likely as user's tend not prefix global variables with $g_) then you have effectively broken their code, by overwriting with your data. Imagine if the UDFs did that? We would be getting complaints left right and centre.

@guinness Hmmm... :think:, I should change my mind before someone says the same thing and I fix it :P. Ok guinness, I will add it again in the next update :)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Uploaded new version :), Changelog:

Added _Process_GetPath function

Added $PROCESS_COMMAND, It contains the path of cmd with required parameters to run a command

Added Au3Check derivative (again... without chaos this time :P)

Changed _Process_DebugRunCommand, Now it shows more info about the process.

Removed $sPath parameter in _Process_RunCommand function, now use $PROCESS_COMMAND to run commands

Some small improvements :), WARNING! THIS UPDATE CONTAINS MAJOR SCRIPT BREAKING CHANGES!, So update your script according to the changes ;)

Enjoy! TD :D

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Updated :D, Changelog:

Added $PROCESS_DEBUG option

Changed Constant's values, they now are powers of 2 (for compatability with BitAND)

Changed _Process_RunCommand to accept $PROCESS_DEBUG, You can now debug directly using this function :)

Changed _Process_DebugRunCommand, Now you can resize it

Also some little cleanups ;)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

#18 ·  Posted (edited)

I hope you don't mind but I modified one of your functions.

Func _Process_GetPIDsuperEX($sProcess)
    Return ProcessExists($sProcess)
EndFunc

Edited by JohnOne
1 person likes this

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

@JohnOne Ohhhh... Thanks

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif