Form Builder beta

BuckMaster

• Developers

am i going to get a reply to my previous question?

Not sure I see a "please" in that line, but the OP hasn't been online since July so you might have to wait a while or try to sort things out yourself.  ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hey guys sorry for not being on the forums in a while, I've been busy with school and my business.

I have noticed that this script is extremely cluttered, crashes sometimes and does not run perfectly,

Because of that I have started writing a new version that will remove the bi-directionality of the code

and will make it more of a toggle between script mode and GUI edit mode,

I plan to change the main framework of GUI editing so it can work better as a script editor.

I have removed some of the usless features I added for the hell of it and I am trying to focus on performance and stability in this new version.

So far i have removed the richedit control for the script area and have replaced it with a Scilexer control,

now i just need to work on parsing autoit gui efficiently and updating control movements in the script.

BuckMaster

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When trying to download the zip from the referenced location, I get

Form Builder.zip is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it.

There is a link that comes up with it to 'Learn More' 

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/4412392?p=ib_download_blocked&rd=1

(though I would not say it is very helpful!)

Thought you would like to know.

Update v1.0.6

Major script overhaul, I literally started over from scratch only adding parts of code from the old script that were solid.
I don’t have a help file made as of now so I am going to explain all of the functionality in this post
- Form Builder is no longer bi-directional, you now toggle between script mode and GUI mode using a button in the top right or F4
- The script no longer recompiles on every change but instead inserts changes into the script
- Form Builder no longer cares about Event mode or GuiGetMsg mode
- No more .gui files, you now edit .au3 scripts directly
- Script edit is now a SciLexer control, includes syntax highlighting, folding, call tips, keywords, and inline error annotations.
- Script output console is now at the bottom in script mode
- Main GUI menu redone, most functions from SciTe have been added along with their hotkeys
- All restrictions to editing the script have been removed
- GDI+ and Graphic editors removed
- Cleanup of script, stability greatly increased
- Hotkeys no longer use _IsPressed they now use GUIAccelerator keys (with exception to a few)
- Multiple scripts can be open
- Form Builder buffers the open scripts and adds an asterisk * to scripts that have been modified
- Rich Edit, GUIScrollbars, Dummy, and Updown are disabled for now until I can add them
- GUI Menu controls cannot be created as of now but will be rendered in the editor
- Undo and Redo actions in script mode and GUI mode added, the GUI undo and redo buffer is cleared switching between modes
- The Undo and Redo buffers do not have a limit but are cleared when switching between modes or scripts
- Undo and Redo actions do not work for controls that have no control handle
- The Treeview now works as a Go to function for controls and functions in script mode
- Form Builder now tries to preserve as much of the original content as possible, it will save whitespace in-between parameters and comments on controls
- Treeview context menu reworked, much more responsive
- Unicode support added File -> Encoding -> UTF-8
- Language support added, I added a couple of language files and used Google translate just so I could size my GUI's for different languages, I do not support what those language files say ;)
- Selecting a GUI in the Treeview in GUI mode will allow you to change the GUI's Handle, Position, Background Color, State, Cursor, Font, Font Size and Font Attributes
- Auto Declare is no longer hiding in the settings, it is now on the top right and is a toggle between Off, Global and Local
- Help File Lookup added (Ctrl + H), allows you to search selected text in the help file,
  Any variable will be searched and the first result will be displayed, any string will be searched as a keyword in the index
- Added current script line, column, and selection length in the bottom left
- Standard undeclared style constants are checked before script execution and the script will prompt if an undefined style constant is found
- You can now toggle script whitespace, EOL characters, line numbers, margins and output in the View menu
- View -> Toggle All Folds works as it does in SciTe, only base level folds are changed and the first fold found determines whether to expand or contract
- Form Builder Settings redone
- Bugs with submitting data and control selection have been fixed
- Fixed problems with frequently called repetitive functions causing issues with large scripts
- Fixed bugs with B, I, U and S font attribute buttons getting stuck and called when enter was pressed

FormBuilder_zps6f2ec692.png

Hotkeys
Ctrl + N              - New Blank Script
Ctrl + G              - New GUI Script
Ctrl + O              - Open Script
Ctrl + Shift + S   - Save As
Ctrl + S              - Save
Esc                    - Close Open Script
Alt + F4              - Exit
Ctrl + Z              - Undo
Ctrl + Y              - Redo
Ctrl + X              - Cut
Ctrl + C              - Copy
Ctrl + V              - Paste
Ctrl + A              - Select All
Ctrl + W             - Clear inline script annotation
Ctrl + F              - Find
Ctrl + F3            - Find Next
Shift + F3           - Find Previous (doesn’t work yet)
Ctrl + B              - Replace
F5                      - Go
Alt + F5             - Beta Run
F7                     - Build
Ctrl + F7            - Compile
F11                    - Full screen
F8                     - Toggle Show/Hide Script Output
Ctrl + I               - Open Include
Ctrl + H             - Help File Lookup
F1                     - AutoIt Help File
Ctrl + D             - Duplicate Control
Delete               - Delete Control
Ctrl + Shift + 8   - Toggle Show/Hide Script Whitespace
Ctrl + Shift + 9   - Toggle Show/Hide Script EOL characters
Ctrl                    - GUI Mode multicontrol selection
F4                     - Switch Modes

Basic GUI Mode How To

Create a Control
    - click a control on the left
    - click in the GUI you wish to add the control
      Left Click: Click and drag to auto resize the control
      Right Click: Creates the control at a standard size
Select a Control
    - click inside the control or select it in the treeview
Change a controls Data
    - First select the control
    - modify the controls data on the right, press enter to submit changes
      state, cursor, font and resizing update when you change the data
    - when modifying the data parameter the script recognizes if there is a variable in the data and will add quotes accordingly
      ex. data parameter = $data, End result in script: GUICtrlCreateButton($data, 50, 50, 100, 20)
      ex. data parameter = data, End result in script: GUICtrlCreateButton("data", 50, 50, 100, 20)
      ex. data parameter = "data"&$data, End result in script: GUICtrlCreateButton("data"&$data, 50, 50, 100, 20)
Applying an Image to a control
    - select a control
    - control styles must be applied to some controls before adding an image
    - click the ... button next to the Image input in the Control Properties area in the bottom right
    - select the image you want to display, allows jpg, bmp, gif, ico and dll files
    - selecting a dll will open another prompt to choose which resource to display
Control Grouping
    - multiple controls must be selected
    - press the group controls button
    - control grouping allows you to resize and move multiple controls at the same time, as of now groups are deleted when leaving GUI mode

I only have a couple odds and ends to finish up before everything should be complete,
I need to add Undo and Redo actions for copying and duplicating controls and a couple other minor things,
eventually I want to try to add all of the UDF controls as well.
If people are willing to translate the language file I would be very greatful, the ones I have right now are from Google translate, I only used them for testing and have no idea what they say.
I want to thank Kip, Prog@ndy, Isi360 and all of the other contributors on this forum, without you guys i dont think i could have written this script.

Please post any comments, problems or suggestions,
    BuckMaster

* I only used one "magic number" on my main close case statment, only for faster locating, and i dont care. ;)

Edited by BuckMaster

Would it be possible to include all the extra files and images, that you use to build the exe, in the source zip file as well?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks a lot for this amazing software :)

I started to use it today, only problem I had so far is that when i compile a projet, the windows explorer containing the exe file opens but sometimes windows explorer crashes right after this.

I'm using Windows 7 x86 and latest version of AutoIT.

Do you think you could make the replace hotkey CTRL+H to match SciTE, notepad, and many other programs in a future version?

Yes, I put Ctrl+H as help file look-up because i felt it was a little more intuitive but if Ctrl+H is usually used as replace I will use that,

but for right now I don't think it will be very hard to go one key lower and hit B ;)

Would it be possible to include all the extra files and images, that you use to build the exe, in the source zip file as well?

When I release the next version I'll try and round up all of the includes so you can run the source

Thanks a lot for this amazing software :)

I started to use it today, only problem I had so far is that when i compile a projet, the windows explorer containing the exe file opens but sometimes windows explorer crashes right after this.

I'm using Windows 7 x86 and latest version of AutoIT.

So just to make it clear it's not my application crashing, the windows explorer folder that the compiled exe is in closed?

If your issue is only with windows explorer I don't think it was my program that caused the problem,

After compiling a script Form Builder reopens the script but this shouldn't cause any problems with windows explorer.

BuckMaster, has the GDI+ builder been removed permanently, or is it coming back with a new version?

It has been removed as of now, eventually i want to try to add it again but its going to be a lot of work.

Google Chrome won't download your zip file that contains the executable... https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/3258249 is where you can go talk to Google about that.

Thanks!

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• 3 weeks later...

@BuckMaster - you may want to look for another place to host your files - i am unable to d/l your package at ge.tt - says the album is empty

also this site has a very poor reputation and has been used to host allot of malware in the past

FUNCTIONS: WinDock (dock window to screen edge) | EditCtrl_ToggleLineWrap (line/word wrap for AU3 edit control) | SendEX (yet another alternative to Send( ) ) | Spell Checker (Hunspell wrapper) | SentenceCase (capitalize first letter of sentences)

CODE SNIPPITS: Dynamic tab width (set tab control width according to window width)

Update v1.0.7
- Help File Look-up hotkey changed to Ctrl+B
- Replace hotkey changed to Ctrl+H
- Changes to $SCN_MODIFIED so only text events are notified
- Bookmarks added, Ctrl+M to add or delete a Bookmark from the current line
- Edit -> Bookmarks -> Set Bookmark changes the currently selected Bookmark
- Edit -> Clear Current Bookmarks deletes only the currently selected Bookmark
- Allows you to change foreground and background colors of Bookmarks
- Added F2 hotkey for Next Bookmark
- Added Shift+F2 hotkey for Previous Bookmark
- Fixed a bug that made it so script annotation did not show up for some people
- Script errors and warnings now add a Bookmark on each line
- Ctrl+E hotkey added to clear all Bookmarks and Annotations
- Minor GUI tweaks
- Fixed a bug with the GUI Style undo action
- Undo and Redo actions for GUI windows will now update the window properties if the GUI is selected
- F4 Hotkey no longer switches modes, switching modes is now F10
- F4 is to toggle next error or warning message, works like it does in SciTe, bookmarks the line and highlights the error in the console
- Shift+F4 Hotkey added to toggle previous error or warning message
- Shift+F5 Hotkey added to clear script output
- Ctrl+F5 Hotkey added as SyntaxCheck Prod
- Form Builder now performs a SyntaxCheck before entering GUI Mode and prompts on Error or Warning
- Language Select Menu Added Settings -> Lanugage
- Icons added to main menu
- Languages added to all new menu items and msgbox's
- Language Files updated for new data
- Language Support added for Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Swedish, Thai, and Vietnamese [ Google Translate ]
- Fixed bug with updating a language that made it look like ANSI and UTF-8 were both selected
- Added redo button next to undo button
- Font attribute buttons Bold, Italic, Underline and Strike-Out changed to labels

Source has all resource files and non-standard includes now

Edited by BuckMaster