• Source script is now divided up into different include files
NEW HOTKEYS
  • LEFT ARROW: Move selected control left 1
  • RIGHT ARROW: Move selected control right 1
  • UP ARROW: Move selected control up 1
  • DOWN ARROW: Move selected control down 1
  • HOLD LEFT ARROW + RIGHT ARROW: Increase selected control width by 1
  • CTRL + HOLD LEFT ARROW + RIGHT ARROW: Decrease selected control width by 1
  • HOLD RIGHT ARROW + LEFT ARROW: Decrease selected control x by 1, Increase width by 1
  • CTRL + HOLD RIGHT ARROW + LEFT ARROW: Increase selected control x by 1, Decrease width by 1
  • HOLD UP ARROW + DOWN ARROW: Increase selected control height by 1
  • CTRL + HOLD UP ARROW + DOWN ARROW: Decrease selected control height by 1
  • HOLD DOWN ARROW + UP ARROW: Decrease selected control y by 1, Increase height by 1
  • CTRL + HOLD DOWN ARROW + UP ARROW: Increase selected control y by 1, Decrease height by 1
Edited by BuckMaster

@BuckMaster

Looking much better now for you to manange it all.

Some more improvements :

Includes should best be put on to of the script and not somewhere in the middle :

#include "FormBuilder_ControlManagement.au3"

#include "FormBuilder_Modes.au3"

#include "FormBuilder_ScriptGeneration.au3"

#include "FormBuilder_FileManagement.au3"

#include "FormBuilder_Misc.au3"

The included file should best mention the keyword #include-once

See help file for more information.

Rgds

ptrex

New Update!! Version 1.0.3 beta

• Minor GUI tweaks
  • Data after WEND in the Script Edit can now be edited
  • Optimized script modification
  • Fixed bug with grouping
  • Source script is now divided up into different include files
NEW HOTKEYS
  • LEFT ARROW: Move selected control left 1
  • RIGHT ARROW: Move selected control right 1
  • UP ARROW: Move selected control up 1
  • DOWN ARROW: Move selected control down 1
  • HOLD LEFT ARROW + RIGHT ARROW: Increase selected control width by 1
  • CTRL + HOLD LEFT ARROW + RIGHT ARROW: Decrease selected control width by 1
  • HOLD RIGHT ARROW + LEFT ARROW: Decrease selected control x by 1, Increase width by 1
  • CTRL + HOLD RIGHT ARROW + LEFT ARROW: Increase selected control x by 1, Decrease width by 1
  • HOLD UP ARROW + DOWN ARROW: Increase selected control height by 1
  • CTRL + HOLD UP ARROW + DOWN ARROW: Decrease selected control height by 1
  • HOLD DOWN ARROW + UP ARROW: Decrease selected control y by 1, Increase height by 1
  • CTRL + HOLD DOWN ARROW + UP ARROW: Increase selected control y by 1, Decrease height by 1
Current Release

Form Builder v1.0.3

http://ge.tt/58m2gMV

Form Builder Source

http://ge.tt/2nmofMV

Greatly appreciated, thank you for the effort!

New Update!! Version 1.0.3 beta

hmmm.., all controls are 0 x 0 size =/

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
$hGUI = GUICreate( "New Window", 476, 328, -1, -1)
$hDate = GUICtrlCreateDate( "1/1/2012", 166, 134, 0, 0)
$hRadio = GUICtrlCreateRadio( "Radio", 125, 62, 0, 0)
$hCheckbox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox( "Checkbox", 256, 94, 0, 0)
$hDate2 = GUICtrlCreateDate( "1/1/2012", 40, 70, 0, 0)
GUISetState()
While 1
    $hMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $hMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

hmmm.., all controls are 0 x 0 size =/

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
$hGUI = GUICreate( "New Window", 476, 328, -1, -1)
$hDate = GUICtrlCreateDate( "1/1/2012", 166, 134, 0, 0)
$hRadio = GUICtrlCreateRadio( "Radio", 125, 62, 0, 0)
$hCheckbox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox( "Checkbox", 256, 94, 0, 0)
$hDate2 = GUICtrlCreateDate( "1/1/2012", 40, 70, 0, 0)
GUISetState()
While 1
$hMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $hMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd

How are you creating the controls?

When creating controls left click and drag automatically sizes the controls, right click creates the control at a standard size

Thank you so much for this, it's gorgeous and really really quick to use.

I did notice that you have opted to reference previous controls using "-1" rather than their handle. This seems to be the preferred way for a lot of people (including Koda) but I like using the actual handle as it seems to make my code clearer and seems like it should be more robust.

$lbl_username = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Username:", 24, 17, 86, 21)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL)

VS

$lbl_username = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Username:", 24, 17, 86, 21)
GUICtrlSetResizing($lbl_username, $GUI_DOCKALL)

Just to pre-empt: I am in no way faulting those who like using the -1 notation, I'm just asking if the alternatives have been considered on merit.

Hi!

I have some suggestions about this program

- The different controls should have default size: For example, if I select a Button, and I click in the form to create a button, I don't want this new button to be very small, I want it to be at a standard, pre-defined size (Just like does Koda)

- Why a space between the first bracket and the first parameter??? Even tidy don't do this! :P

Thanks for reading me!

Edited by matwachich

@matwachich

The source code is available for this, you should probably look at the code and instead of just making request after request, how about doing a little of the work yourself and submit the changes in code to the author? I'm sure he'd appreciate the help and/or the ideas you have put down in some kind of work output from you rather than a list of gripes.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BrewManNH:

Thanks for the advice :)

But me for example, when I code something, I prefer requests and suggestions rather than somebody "manipulating" my code. Because I have coding habits and practices that are not compatible with others habits and practices. And additionaly, I know my code better than the others, so I think I'm the best placed to modify or add somthing in my code. So I'm not waiting anybody to "touch" my code! And it's how I behave with others :)

In addition, like said ileandors, there seems to be some non standard includes in the program, so how could I modify it without them!?

@BrewManNH:

Thanks for the advice :)

But me for example, when I code something, I prefer requests and suggestions rather than somebody "manipulating" my code. Because I have coding habits and practices that are not compatible with others habits and practices. And additionaly, I know my code better than the others, so I think I'm the best placed to modify or add somthing in my code. So I'm not waiting anybody to "touch" my code! And it's how I behave with others :)

Not many people know their code as well as they think they do, otherwise there wouldn't be bugs in nearly everything written. If I have a suggestion for someone else's code, and the code is available to read, I'm going to make the suggestion with a code example. Whether it fits their coding style or not, it's usually fairly simple to take the idea and work with it.

In addition, like said ileandors, there seems to be some non standard includes in the program, so how could I modify it without them!?

Download the includes? That's what I would do. They're all available in this forum for download, so it shouldn't take long at all to find them.

But, if the author doesn't mind the requests, who am I to say otherwise? :D

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Wow! That's kind of stunting your growth with the language, if someone re-codes something for me, I don't say "Nope, not my style, I would rather do it a convoluted way thank you." then I will never develop or grow as a coder, in fact how can you learn if you don't take input from others?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hi!

I have some suggestions about this program

- The different controls should have default size: For example, if I select a Button, and I click in the form to create a button, I don't want this new button to be very small, I want it to be at a standard, pre-defined size (Just like does Koda)

- Why a space between the first bracket and the first parameter??? Even tidy don't do this! :P

Thanks for reading me!

I have explained this in previous posts, when creating controls,

Left click is a click and drag operation to auto resize the control

Right click is to create the control at a standardized size

As for the spaces, its something I always do, i dont know why. ;)

#include <GUIScrollbars_Ex.au3>

#Include <IconChooser.au3>

#include <Resources.au3>

#include <RESH.au3>

Are not standard includes so maybe you should include them in the zip

The source script i provide is not intended to be executed, its main purpose is learning,

I dont provide all of the resource files, and all of the non-standard includes can be easily found searching the forums.