Sign in to follow this  
nf67

Clipboard contents modification as soon as Ctrl+C is pressed: ClipGet() returns 0.

nf67

Hi all,

I've been copying a lot of text from PDF files and other documents. Problem is, this text appears badly mangled when pasted again, causing formatting issues. I've been trying to write a script that would automatically reformat the copied string:

#include <Clipboard.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

If _Singleton("PasteModify", 1) = 0 Then
    MsgBox(0, "NOPE.", "Already Running.")
    Exit
EndIf

#NoTrayIcon
Opt("TrayMenuMode", 1)
$AboutTrayItem = TrayCreateItem("About")
TrayCreateItem("")
$ExitTrayItem = TrayCreateItem("Exit")
TraySetState()

$hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")

Beep(1100,300)

While 1
   While _IsPressed("11",$hDLL)
 If _IsPressed("43",$hDLL) Then
Beep(1300,150)
;Sleep(750) ;fixes the issue, but not very elegantly.
$OriginalClipboardData = ClipGet()
$ClipGetError = @error
$RegexClipboardData = StringRegExpReplace($OriginalClipboardData, '[\r\n\t]+', ' ')
$StripWSClipboardData = StringStripWS($RegexClipboardData,4)
ClipPut($StripWSClipboardData)
MsgBox(0,$ClipGetError,"ORIGINAL: " & $OriginalClipboardData & @CRLF & @CRLF & "POST-REGEX APPLIED: " & StringRegExpReplace($OriginalClipboardData, '[\r\n\t]+', ' ') & @CRLF & @CRLF & "STRIPWS APPLIED: " & $StripWSClipboardData & @CRLF & @CRLF & "END RESULT: " & ClipGet())
While _IsPressed("43",$hDLL)
Sleep(250)
WEnd
 EndIf
   WEnd

Local $msg = TrayGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $AboutTrayItem
            MsgBox(64, "About", "When CTRL+C is pressed, a reformatted version of the string that has thereby been copied, without any newline characters, should be placed on the clipboard.")
        Case $msg = $ExitTrayItem
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

DllClose($hDLL)
Beep(600,300)

However, every now and then it seems like there's a conflict between this script Windows' access to the clipboard.

If I don't include a long enough sleep (see script), ClipGet() will return that my clipboard is empty, even though it wasn't empty before and I have only selected new text and pressed Ctrl+C since.

Any suggestions? Could I check for clipboard access perhaps...?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• coffeeturtle
      By coffeeturtle
      Programs like Ditto are a great augmentation to the Windows clipboard where it keeps a list of items you copy and paste and you can go back to days, weeks, months later. It also comes in handy for multiple copied items you need to paste over and over again.
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/ditto-cp/
      Windows 10 also now has a clipboard history capability (though not as robust, I think, as Ditto).
      https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-new-clipboard-windows-10-october-2018-update
      I would like to simulate this type of clipboard history into my own apps independent of Windows' clipboard, but I haven't a clue as to where to begin.
      Thank you in advance for any suggestions, examples, shelved codes. ☺
    • Valiante
      By Valiante
      I'm creating a tool which automatically saves screenshots.  I've found that some images appear corrupt after saving.  I've narrowed the source down to screenshots taken from within an RDP session via the Ctrl+Alt+Plus (PrtScn equivalent) and Ctrl+Alt+Minus (Alt+PrtScn equivalent) key combos.
      Here is the example code:
      #include <ClipBoard.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> If _ClipBoard_IsFormatAvailable($CF_BITMAP) Then ConsoleWrite("+Bitmap found on Clipboard" & @CRLF) If Not _ClipBoard_Open(0) Then MsgBox(16, "Error", "_ClipBoard_Open failed") Exit EndIf $hClipboardImage = _ClipBoard_GetDataEx($CF_BITMAP) _ClipBoard_Close() _GDIPlus_Startup() $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($hClipboardImage) $sCLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID("JPG") _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFileEx($hBitmap, @ScriptDir & "\" & TimerInit() & "_Clipboard_Image.jpg", $sCLSID, 0) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Else MsgBox(48, @ScriptName, "No Bitmap found on Clipboard") EndIf If you copy a local window to the clipboard via Alt+PrtScn the above works fine.  If you copy a window in an RDP session via Ctrl+Alt+Minus it saves the image, but the left-hand edge appears to contain a few pixels sliced off the right-hand side of the bitmap (see two attached images for examples; one good, one bad).  If you paste directly into MSPaint, the image appears correctly, so the clipboard contents is good. It seems to be the process of converting the bitmap handle to an image file via GDIPlus which corrupts it (though I may be wrong about this).
      I've tried inspecting the contents of the clipboard via the _ClipBoard_EnumFormats example and I've noticed the clipboard from the RDP session contains a couple more formats;
      Local:
      Clipboard formats ..: 3 Clipboard format 1 .: Bitmap Clipboard format 2 .: DIB Clipboard format 3 .: DIB V5 RDP:
      Clipboard formats ..: 5 Clipboard format 1 .: DataObject Clipboard format 2 .: DIB Clipboard format 3 .: DIB V5 Clipboard format 4 .: Ole Private Data Clipboard format 5 .: Bitmap However the _ClipBoard_GetDataEx function is specifying the $CF_BITMAP constant for the format, which both instances contain, so I'm not sure the extra formats have any impact?
      I've tried using a combination of _ClipBoard_GetDataEx($CF_DIB) and _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromMemory in an effort to write the binary directly to a file, instead of using a bitmap handle, however this doesn't appear to work and just returns a zero and doesn't set @error to anything, which isn't covered in the help file (a failure should return a zero and set the @error level to something).
      I've hunted around the forums and tried everything I can think of. I can normally figure most things out without posting but I've been dipping in and out of this script for a few months now and have finally thrown in the towel and must ask you guys for help, which isn't a decision I take lightly.  Your help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

• Epic007
      By Epic007
      Hey guys I'm stuck with a program.....I need a make an automation which copies text from a chat bot app and paste it in notepad to log the replies of my chat bot and to analyse stuff....a lil help pls

Thanks in advance
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      I'm trying to write a script that moves copies excel cells into an array. I'll than manipulate the values and send array into another program. 
      I don't want range to be specific to a workbook, or sheet, or set of cells.
      I want user to be able to highlight desired cells and to copy either normally ("Ctrl+C") or by a hotkey ("Alt+C"). 
      Could someone help me with this?
      Thank you,
      I've tried to write the framework: (edited)
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> HotKeySet("!v", "Pastedata") While True Sleep(1000) WEnd func Makearray() local $bArray ;User has cells already copied ;Convert clipboard into an array ;I don;t know how excel stores data to clipboard so don;t know how to bring it into array _Arraydisplay($bArray) MsgBox(0,0,$bArray) return $bArray endfunc func Pastedata() Local $aArray MsgBox(0,0,"wait",1) ;make array based on assumption user has already copied a range to clipboard $aArray = Makearray() ;paste code ;don;t worry about this I got the rest endfunc  
    • dadalt95
      By dadalt95
      Hi!
      I want to get the signal in this website:
      https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd
      I have tried using _IEBodyReadText  and some _StringBetween. What happens is that the text are being update every tick and _IEBodyReadText doesn't.
      To perform the update I used  _IEAction($oIE, "refresh") but it's not good because the website block me after some time due too many requests..
      Is there any other way to get this text every tick?
      PS: The text I want to get is WAIT, CALL or PUT.

Here is the code:
      global $oIE = _IECreate ('https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd', 0, 1 , 1 , 0) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') ;MsgBox ( 0, "asf", $result[0]) $espera=StringInStr($result[0], "WAIT") $compra=StringInStr($result[0], "CALL") $venda=StringInStr($result[0], "PUT") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $espera) $n=0 $c=0 Captar() Func Captar() ;_IENavigate($oIE, "https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') If (Not $compra=0) And $n=0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "COMPRE") $n=1 $c=$c+1 ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "VENDA") $c=$c+1 $n=1 ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Esperando próxima rodada") $n=1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Esperando próxima rodada") $n=1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() Else ;MsgBox("", "", "ESPERE") $n=0 Sleep(1000) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') Captar() EndIf EndFunc