Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonBMN

[SOLVED]Sending Line over TCP connection from two clients

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm trying to create two sides; A client side and a server side. I've got each one to work and send data from the client to the server, but if two clients are sending data at the same time. I would like to be able to get both and not just have one send while the other one gets ignored. Is there anyway I can implement a buffer so that when one connection gets done the other then starts receiving from the second client?

Here is my code.

~Client Side~

TCPStartup()

HotKeySet("{Esc}", "Quit")

Local $ip, $port, $data, $connect

$ip = "*servers IP address here*"
$port = 21230

$connect = TCPConnect($ip, $port)
If @error Then
    ConsoleWrite("Could not connect to " & $ip)
    sleep(1000)
    Quit()
EndIf

message()
;ConsoleWrite($data)

Sleep(3000)
Quit()

Func message()
    Local $File, $Line = "", $i = 0, $EOF = ""
    $File = FileOpen("tcpexample.txt", 0)
    If $File = -1 Then
        MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to read the file.")
        Exit
    EndIf
  Do
     $Line = FileReadLine($File)
     $EOF = @error
     ConsoleWrite($Line & @CRLF)
     TCPSend($connect, $Line)
     If @error Then
        ConsoleWrite("There was an error sending." & @CRLF)
     EndIf
     sleep(500)
   Until $EOF = -1
    FileClose($File)
EndFunc

Func Quit()
    TCPShutdown()
    Exit
EndFunc

~Server Side~

TCPStartup()
Local $ip, $port, $Accept, $Listen, $AcceptError = True, $Result
$Result = FileOpen("tcptest.txt", 1)

$ip = @IPAddress1;try $IPAddress2/3/4 if this doesn't work
$port = 21230

$Listen = TCPListen($ip, $port)
If ($listen = - 1 or $listen = 0) and (@error = 1 or @error = 2) Then
    ConsoleWrite("TCPListen returned @error: " & @error)
    Quit()
EndIf

While 1
    If $AcceptError = True Then
        AcceptConnection()
    EndIf
    If $AcceptError = False Then
        $recv = ""
        $recv = TCPRecv($Accept, 1024)
        If @Error Then
          ConsoleWrite("Connection timed out: " & $Accept & @CRLF)
          $AcceptError = True
        EndIf
    If $recv <> "" Then
        FileWriteLine($Result, $recv)
        ConsoleWrite("We received this: " & $recv & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Func Quit()
    TCPShutdown()
    FileClose($Result)
    Exit
EndFunc

Func AcceptConnection()
    $AcceptError = True
    While 1
        $Accept = TCPAccept($Listen)
        If $Accept <> -1 Then
            ConsoleWrite($accept & " has connected" & @CRLF)
          $AcceptError = False
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc
Edited by JonBMN

I figured out a way to make it so there is a buffer, by putting in TCPListen($ip, $port, 100) 100 connections to wait for at the end of TCPListen. This shoves them all together and gives me one big string, which is not what I want.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

The TCPAccept function returns a socket identifier which corresponds to a client.

You need to store them in an array, then loop through it and use the TCPRecv function.

Edit: There is some examples available in the forum.

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

Thanks FireFox,

I've also been playing around with a couple examples and seeing how they work so will be posting in this forum as progression happens.

really helpful, but full of example client side and server side scripts that are not working correctly, but great examples nonetheless.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Here is my solution to this particular question/topic. I've changed around the code and I'm using the above example from kip's topic with modified scripts for both server and client.

This will take a .txt and push the lines of text from the client side to the server side and write the received from the client side into a new .txt file. Now for multiple clients I'm still working on making it clean, but this is the shell and can be used very easily and made into a multi-client system. Which I'm in the process of making it clean and able to sort itself, but here is my code...

~Client-side~

#include "TCP.au3"

SendTxt()

Func SendTxt()
    Local $Txt, $Line = "", $EOF = "", $stcp
    $Txt = FileOpen("example.txt", 0)
    If $Txt = -1 Then
         MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to read the file.")
         Exit
    EndIf
  Do
     $hClient = _TCP_Client_Create("192.168.1.103", 21230); Create the client. Which will connect to the local ip address on port 21230
     sleep(1000)
     _TCP_RegisterEvent($hClient, $TCP_RECEIVE, "Received"); Function "Received" will get called when something is received
     _TCP_RegisterEvent($hClient, $TCP_CONNECT, "Connected"); And func "Connected" will get called when the client is connected.
     _TCP_RegisterEvent($hClient, $TCP_DISCONNECT, "Disconnected"); And "Disconnected" will get called when the server disconnects us, or when the connection is lost.
     $Line = FileReadLine($Txt)
     $EOF = @error
     ConsoleWrite($Line & @CRLF)
     If $Line <> "" Then
        $stcp = TCPSend($hClient, $Line)
     EndIf
     If @error Then
        ConsoleWrite("There was an error sending." & $stcp & @CRLF)
     EndIf
     ;sleep(1000)
     TCPCloseSocket($hClient)
   Until $EOF = -1
    FileClose($Txt)
    SendTxt()
EndFunc

Func Connected($hSocket, $iError); We registered this (you see?), When we're connected (or not) this function will be called.
    If not $iError Then; If there is no error...
        ;ToolTip("CLIENT: Connected!",10,10); ... we're connected.
    Else; ,else...
        ;ToolTip("CLIENT: Could not connect. Are you sure the server is running?",10,10); ... we aren't.
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func Received($hSocket, $sReceived, $iError); And we also registered this! Our homemade do-it-yourself function gets called when something is received.
    ;ToolTip("CLIENT: We received this: "& $sReceived, 10,10); (and we'll display it)
EndFunc

Func Disconnected($hSocket, $iError); Our disconnect function. Notice that all functions should have an $iError parameter.
    ;ToolTip("CLIENT: Connection closed or lost.", 10,10)
EndFunc

;~Thanks Kip~;

~Server-Side~

#include "TCP.au3"

;ToolTip("SERVER: Creating server...",10,30)

$hServer = _TCP_Server_Create(21230); A server. Tadaa!

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hServer, $TCP_NEWCLIENT, "NewClient"); Whooooo! Now, this function (NewClient) get's called when a new client connects to the server.
_TCP_RegisterEvent($hServer, $TCP_DISCONNECT, "Disconnect"); And this,... this will get called when a client disconnects.
_TCP_RegisterEvent($hServer, $TCP_RECEIVE, "Receive"); And this,... when we receive something from the client side

While 1
WEnd

Func NewClient($hSocket, $iError); Yo, check this out! It's a $iError parameter! (In case you didn't noticed: It's in every function)
    ;ToolTip("SERVER: New client connected."&@CRLF&"Sending this: I see you...",10,30)
    _TCP_Send($hSocket, "I see you..."); Sending: "Bleh!" to the new client. (Yes, that's right: $hSocket is the socket of the new client.)
EndFunc

Func Disconnect($hSocket, $iError); Damn, we lost a client. Time of death: @Hour & @Min & @Sec :P
    ;ToolTip("SERVER: Client disconnected.",10,30); Placing a tooltip right under the tooltips of the client.
EndFunc

Func Receive($hSocket, $sReceived, $iError)
    Local $Txt = FileOpen("tcpexample.txt", 1)
    ;ConsoleWrite($sReceived & @CRLF)
    _TCP_Send($hSocket, "I got that...")
    ;ToolTip("SERVER:Sending To:" & $hSocket & @CRLF & "Sending this: I got that...", 10, 30)
    ;ToolTip("SERVER:" & $hSocket & " Connected" & @CRLF, 10, 30)
    If $sReceived <> "" Then
        FileWriteLine($Txt, $sReceived & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite("We received this: " & $sReceived & @CRLF)
    EndIf
    FileClose("tcpexample.txt")
EndFunc

Func Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc

;~Thanks Kip~;
Edited by JonBMN