Sign in to follow this  
uncommon

IE find a dynmic link

uncommon

So I have 2 links on a webpage, the txt can be anything, the href changes too but not the domain of link. I found that this.....

For $x = 0 To 164
Local $oInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "a", $x)
If StringInStr($oInputs.id, "ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_TabContainer1_DetailsTab_DetailsController1_ctl00_ParcelSummary1_TitleSection") > 0 Then $ParcelID = $oInputs.href
Next

Is a crude way to find a link but it adds unnecessary seconds to the script. Is there a better way to find find these guys on the webpage? I mean a way to do with without looping through every possible link.

I would put the source of page but its long. Here is a link to an example.

Posted Image

No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.Voltaire

_Array2HTMLTable()_IEClassNameGetCollection()_IEquerySelectorAll()

Exit

The HREF of the link is the same as the URL in the address bar.

Addressbar: http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/312214078800170

Href-Link in the page: href="/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/312214078800170"

If you click on the link, the same page shows again.

Why not take the addressbar data?

$ParcelID = _IEPropertyGet($oIE,"locationurl")
Edited by Exit

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

tlman12

it appears to be a fairly simple webpage. could you get by with clicking the link by index?

it appears to be 18

_IELinkClickByIndex($oie,18)

uncommon

@exit

The normal address is http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx it happed to change to the right link because I was testing it. Assume the address bar will be http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx. Any other solutions?

@tlman12

The website it turns out is kind of dynamic. A certain amount of links will appear under conditions I cant anticipate so a parse by index wont really work unless I look at every link and filter to what I am looking for but that takes extra time.

Exit

#include <IE.au3>
#include <String.au3>
;   sample URL $URL = "http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/312214078800170"
$URL = "http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx"
$oIE = _IECreate($URL)
MsgBox(262144, " ", "Please navigate to the desired page and then click OK", 0)
$oID = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_TabContainer1_DetailsTab_DetailsController1_ctl00_ParcelSummary1_TitleSection")
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(262144, "Exit due to error", "Error: " & @error & " Extended: " & @extended & @LF & 'ID not found: "ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_TabContainer1_DetailsTab_DetailsController1_ctl00_ParcelSummary1_TitleSection"', 0)
MsgBox(262144, "href string",  $oid.href)

Edited by Exit

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

uncommon

#include <IE.au3>
#include <String.au3>
; sample URL $URL = "http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/312214078800170"
$URL = "http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx"
$oIE = _IECreate($URL)
MsgBox(262144, " ", "Please navigate to the desired page and then click OK", 0)
$oID = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_TabContainer1_DetailsTab_DetailsController1_ctl00_ParcelSummary1_TitleSection")
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(262144, "Exit due to error", "Error: " & @error & " Extended: " & @extended & @LF & 'ID not found: "ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_ContentMain_TabContainer1_DetailsTab_DetailsController1_ctl00_ParcelSummary1_TitleSection"', 0)
MsgBox(262144, "href string", $oid.href)

Ah! Never thought about doing it that way, Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

By 31290
      Hi everyone, hope you are doing fine
      Well, I'm currently writing a small script that goes to a certain web page, finds the first link of a specified section and download the file associated to this link.
      Depending on the computer that the tool is launched, the script gets the computer model and search in the (provided here) ini file which link to follow.
      At first, Dell was kind enough to provide only one link but now, they provide two of them. The first one is now a .txt file (  ) whereas my script has been designed to download only the fist and latest link released for the BIOS Update.

Here's the current code which is working with only the first and latest link of the BIOS category:
      So the question is: 
      In the case of double links like shown in the picture above, how it is possible to tell the script to download only the link containing an the .exe file?
      Of course, I could have changed the array result to [1] instead of [0] [which is working] but it seems that Dell does that randomly and that I deal with a lot of computer models.
      Thanks for the help you can provide, 
      -31290-

SEE_BIOS_LINKS.ini
    • mLipok
      By mLipok
      I have some problems with windows explorers.
      Here is my testing snippet:
      ;~ #RequireAdmin _Example() MsgBox(1, '', '@error = ' & @error & @CRLF & '@extended = ' & @extended) Func _Example() Local $oShell = ObjCreate("shell.application") If @error then Return SetError(1, @extended, 0) Local $oShellWindows = $oShell.windows If @error then Return SetError(2, @extended, 0) If $oShellWindows = Null Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0) Local $iCount = $oShellWindows.Count If @error then Return SetError(4, $iCount, 0) Return SetExtended($iCount,1) EndFunc ;==>_Example Normally this should return in extended number of opened InternetExplorer + WindowsExplorer.
      But in some cases I encounter a problem with this, as there happens situation when @extended returns 0 even if I had already opened IE.
      Here is one of them:
      I have some script which is working fine with IE on about 100 computers.
      In this specyfic case this script starts his work, and after few minutes he stoped works.
      All the time IE is still responsive, I can click on elements and go to specyfic places.
      Restoring the script did not help because _IEAttach () does not work.
      All you need to do is restart InternetExplorer.

As a result of all my investigation I had done you can see this script snippet above.
      In my case My primary script was doing their job, but when he stops, IE was still responsive but this above snippet starts to return @error=0 and @extended = 0 when @extended should be at least =1 (this opened Internet Explorer instance)
      QUESTION:
      Has anyone already encountered such a problem?
      Does anyone know any solution or has an idea for further diagnostics?

btw.
      I have one solution which would fix it - I mean Windows reinstall, but this is not good solution, as I always like to know the esense of the problem.

EDIT:
      I know you can say show the script........ this is not possible you have no access to this site, and about 100 computers works well, so this i not related to my script.
      The more so that the problem is not related to my main scripts, and the problem is simply how IE behaves - which is illustrated by the above piece of code.

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      i want to repeat this function 
      _IELoadWait($oIE, "url 2") $checkb = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"checkb") _IEAction($checkb,"click") $img = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"img") _IEAction($img,"click") _IELoadWait($oIE, "url 1") $btnfy = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"btnvfy") _IEAction($btnfy,"click") until my targeted webpage not found.
    • Robdog1955
      By Robdog1955
      I'm trying to click a button on a web page. I have added a couple of MsgBox lines to allow me to watch what happens on the page. As you can see the first half of my script enters data into text boxes on the page. I have no problem there. I just cannot click on the region buttons. The "set focus" line causes an outline to appear around the EU button and the "click button" line causes the "Pick a Region" text to disappear. Here is the code I have so far.
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://questchecker.com/") Local $iQuestID = "123456" Local $sCharacterName = "CharacterName" Local $colForms = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE) $iCount = 0 For $oForm In $colForms $oFormElements = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm) For $oFormElement In $oFormElements $iCount = $iCount + 1 Local $sTagName = StringLower($oFormElement.tagName) Local $sElementType = $oFormElement.type Local $sElementName = $oFormElement.name Switch $iCount Case 6 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, "MyRealm", 0) ; realm Case 7 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $sCharacterName, 0) Case 8 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $iQuestID, 0) EndSwitch Next Next Local $oButtons = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "questForm") For $oButton In $oButtons If _IEFormElementGetValue($oButton) = "US" Then MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to set focus") _IEAction($oButton, "focus") MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to click button") _IEAction($oButton, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to quit") _IEQuit($oIE) Exit  
    • Dent
      By Dent
      As the title says. I open IE11 and navigate to a page with the following HTML5 file upload container in Capture0.JPG
      I want to click Add Files but I haven't been able to. Here's the code that handles the Add Files button in Capture.JPG
      _IEGetObjectById and then using _IEAction to click it doesn't work. I can't give access to the actual page unfortunately because it's password protected.
      All suggestions welcome.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.