Sign in to follow this  
GajjarTejas

Run Program without admin rights

I have set Execution Level to highest available in Autoit3Wrapper in my autoit program.Then I Compile Program Here is Function of my code.

Func _sRun_IDMexe()
Local $s_IDMexe_Path = RegRead($s_regpath_IDM, "ExePath")
If Not FileExists($s_IDMexe_Path) Then $s_IDMexe_Path = @ProgramFilesDir & "\" & "Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe"
If Not FileExists($s_IDMexe_Path) Then Return SetError(1)
$s_IDMexe_Path &= " /onboot"
If Not ProcessExists("idman.exe") Then
Run($s_IDMexe_Path)
Else
ProcessClose("idman.exe")
Run($s_IDMexe_Path)
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_sRun_IDMexe

This function restart IDM or Run IDM with an admin rights.Is there any way to run IDM Without admin rights?

edit: autoit code!

Edited by GajjarTejas

I guess that is nothing Autoit can influence. If the program needs admin rights, then Autoit needs them to start the program that way.

You can use Autoit to do that, but I don't think it is possible to trick the operation system.

So cunclusion it depends on the exe you are willing to execute.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Gajjar Tejas

I wouldn't think so if the account being used has administative privileges considering that any process executed using the account would assume its execution privilege level. In other words, If the account running the program is an admin than the program will run using admin rights with the exception being (Windows Vista +) and UAC set to the max. I would try launching the program using a dummy limited account or perhaps a special account like "Guest". I don't think you can use the guest account because there is no password configured but just maybe you could temporarily add a password to it and remove it after your done.

RunAs()

; Account details can be changed from the command line using "net user" check the docs using "/?"

Anonymous

Edited by Decipher

Spoiler

censored.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DesireDenied
      Hey guys,
      I having some hard times getting false-positive, probably because I am trying to execute my AutoUpdater.
      Here is my code:

Global $iUpdateTimer = 0 While 1 checkUpdates(10) WEnd Func checkUpdates($iDelay = 10) $iDelay = $iDelay * 1000 * 60 If TimerDiff($iUpdateTimer) > $iDelay Then ConsoleWrite('checking for updates...' & @CRLF) $iUpdateTimer = TimerInit() If FileExists('AutoUpdater.exe') Then ShellExecuteWait('AutoUpdater.exe') ; this is the line which cause my problem EndIf EndFunc And AutoUpdater code:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> Global $sExecName = 'test.exe' Global $sUpdatePath = @UserProfileDir &'\desktop\AnyAppName\update\'& $sExecName Global $sUserPath = @UserProfileDir &'\desktop\AnyAppName\'& $sExecName Global $sCopyright = 'someUniqueStringHere' If Not FileExists($sUpdatePath) Then Exit 0 If FileGetVersion($sUpdatePath, $FV_LEGALCOPYRIGHT) <> $sCopyright Then Exit 0 ; checking if we really want to update and execute the file If FileGetVersion($sUpdatePath) > FileGetVersion($sUserPath) Then $iResponse = MsgBox(BitOR($MB_YESNO, $MB_ICONQUESTION),'AnyAppName', 'There is an update available, would you like to update?') If $iResponse == $IDYES Then If ProcessExists($sExecName) Then ProcessClose($sExecName) Sleep(500) EndIf FileCopy($sUpdatePath, $sUserPath, $FC_OVERWRITE) Sleep(3000) ShellExecute($sUserPath) Exit 1 EndIf EndIf Exit 0 I am not trying to ask, why is my code is getting recognized as false-positive, because this is quite obvious, but is there any other way to get things done without running external process?

• By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      Trying to open windows explorer to a WebDav location and it's not working quite how I want, on the computers it is setup as a "network location" (as opposed to a "mapped drive", and this unfortunately can't be changed), the "Data" WebDav folder sits directly under "This PC" if that's an easier way to get to it. any suggestions as to what I can correct to get the 2nd example to work?
      ; This works, but I'm trying to avoid this as users normally see the URL style in the 2nd example below $folderToOpen = "\\mycompany.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ; This does not work, it tries to open the WebDav url in the default web browser $folderToOpen = "https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ShellExecute also opens it in the default browser.
      Saw _WinAPI_ShellOpenFolderAndSelectItems but couldn't get the 2nd example to work.
      If I manually open Windows Explorer and paste in https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data it loads the WebDav directory without issue.
      If I have to use the pathing from the first example it is fine, just trying to give users a familiar experience.
      Thanks!
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      is there any wey to check if any process run as admin or no?
      i mean e.g if i want to restart any process, now i have the ability to get the process path and commands line
      what i need is a wey to check if the process was runing as admin or no to restart it with the same state.
      here is the part that am using it to restart the process
      func _processRestart($i_pid, $s_ProcessPath) if not (ProcessExists($i_ProcessPid)) then return SetError(1, 0, -1) local $s_ProcessWorkDir = _WinAPI_GetProcessWorkingDirectory($i_ProcessPid) ProcessClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWaitClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWait(ShellExecute($i_pid,"", $s_ProcessWorkDir)) ProcessesGetList() return true endFunc thanks in advance
    • By Miliardsto
      I want to detect if exact process or window uses directx or opengl or maybe something else library used in applications.
      Thats becouse there could be many windows with same names and different names and the same with process. I got so much process names I want to my script works with all, so i want standardize.
      All of this processes uses DirectX or OpenGL so then If I check this window/process uses these libraries I will be sure thats the right process