Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

Some big questions about au3 syntax ! Must see !

Rickname

Im relative new to this awesome script language and every day Im mindblowed but what things I discover and didn't know about the au3 syntax but I have some questions :

#1. What is ByRef and what it does/why to use it/where to use it :think:

#2. Is this really really true that the first character after the $ sign in the variable name means the type of the variable ??? :shocked: :shocked: ( Like $iVar = int and $sVar = char types from C ? )

What about if I declare $Random instead ? If the above is true, then why all my created programs are working with random names without the correct specific type declared :shocked: ? Like $pink = 5 + 5 does works despite the 'p' representing the pointer type !

#3. Why I need to unregister things or close any handles like DllClose after a DllOpen OR _GDIPlus_Shutdown() after my script exists ?

#4. And last but not the least why this :

#include <Misc.au3>

;Global declarations
;...

Func ()

Func()
; the code
Endfunc

and not this instead :

#include <Misc.au3>

;Global declarations
;...

; the code

Will there be any problems whatsoever if the last variant ?

Edited by Rickname

Melba23

Rickname,

Here we go: :)

ByRef: When you pass parameters to a function you can do it in 2 ways:

- By value (the default) where the function makes a copy of the variable to use and destroys it at then end of the function leaving the original unchanged.

- By reference (ByRefwhere the function is told where the original variable is located. Any changes to this original made by the function remain after the function ends.

If you look at the Variables - using Global, Local and ByRef tutorial in the Wiki, you will see some examples showing this in action.

Letter after the $: You can call your variables whatever you like (as long as you use alphanumeric characters and underscores) but as AutoIt is not a typed language, coders often use the first letter to indicate what type variable is being held in that particular name. My personal usage is:

$a = Array
$b = Binary
$c = ControlID
$f = Boolean flag (True/False)
$h = Handle
$i - Integer number
$m = Menu item
$n = Floating point number
$p = Pointer
$s = String
%t = Struct
$v = Undefined

but you can obviously vary this according to you personal preference. You do not need to do it at all, but experience has shown that it is a good idea.

Tidying up: Autoit is extremely well-behaved and does a lot of housekeeping after a script ends to make sure that most of the mess (such as open handles) is tidied away. However it behoves the careful coder to do as much clearing up as possible within the script - not only is this good practice, but it prepares you for when you move on to less-forgiving languages. In certain cases, such as when you use AutoIt to create very complex items like DLL callbacks and GDI handles, AutoIt will not correctly clear up when it is shut down and it is imperative that the coder tidies up the code. If not the system could become unstable or exhibit memory leaks.

Functions: There are no problems with your second example, although there is with the first! Most of the Help file examples have the code within a function - this is done deliberately to reduce the number of Global variables, which is generally regarded as good coding practice. In longer more complex scripts you will certainly need functions - in small scripts you can often do without.

Does that make it all clearer? Please ask if you have any more (or indeed any supplementary) questions. :)

M23

• Like 1

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Rickname

Rickname,

Here we go: :)

ByRef: When you pass parameters to a function you can do it in 2 ways:

- By value (the default) where the function makes a copy of the variable to use and destroys it at then end of the function leaving the original unchanged.

- By reference (ByRefwhere the function is told where the original variable is located. Any changes to this original made by the function remain after the function ends.

If you look at the Variables - using Global, Local and ByRef tutorial in the Wiki, you will see some examples showing this in action.

Letter after the $: You can call your variables whatever you like (as long as you use alphanumeric characters and underscores) but as AutoIt is not a typed language, coders often use the first letter to indicate what type variable is being held in that particular name. My personal usage is:

$a = Array
$b = Binary
$c = ControlID
$f = Boolean flag (True/False)
$h = Handle
$i - Integer number
$m = Menu item
$n = Floating point number
$p = Pointer
$s = String
%t = Struct
$v = Undefined

but you can obviously vary this according to you personal preference. You do not need to do it at all, but experience has shown that it is a good idea.

Tidying up: Autoit is extremely well-behaved and does a lot of housekeeping after a script ends to make sure that most of the mess (such as open handles) is tidied away. However it behoves the careful coder to do as much clearing up as possible within the script - not only is this good practice, but it prepares you for when you move on to less-forgiving languages. In certain cases, such as when you use AutoIt to create very complex items like DLL callbacks and GDI handles, AutoIt will not correctly clear up when it is shut down and it is imperative that the coder tidies up the code. If not the system could become unstable or exhibit memory leaks.

Functions: There are no problems with your second example, although there is with the first! Most of the Help file examples have the code within a function - this is done deliberately to reduce the number of Global variables, which is generally regarded as good coding practice. In longer more complex scripts you will certainly need functions - in small scripts you can often do without.

Does that make it all clearer? Please ask if you have any more (or indeed any supplementary) questions. :)

M23

So awesome Melba ! Really awesome thanks alot ! You really explained everything the best and all my problems got resolved ! :)

So ByRef is like the & variable address referance type like in Borland C => very helpful thing in AutoIt !!

Letter after variable is not a must to show what type of data will be saved like you must declare the types in C, so this also awesome because AutoIt will auto-find what type of data is

Tyding up : "If not the system could become unstable or exhibit memory leaks." -> now I understand why is so important :)

Thanks alot ! Very helpful :)

Edited by Rickname

Melba23

Rickname,

When you reply, please use the "Reply to this topic" button at the top of the thread or the "Reply to this topic" editor at the bottom rather than the "Quote" button - I know what I wrote and it just pads the thread unneccessarily. ;)

because AutoIt will auto-find what type of data is

No, AutoIt does not "autofind" anything - it is just an aide-memoire for the coder. :)

M23

• Like 1

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Hey. I'm working on a new project and was wondering if there is a better way to "update" my Column E array. 
      Here is my code: 
      Local $nI  = 0                                                            ;Creates a name index of 0: nI = Name index Local $nII = 1                                                            ;Creates a name index of 1 for second loop: nII = Name Index 2 For    $iN = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1                                       ;Checks the roster for any names that appear twice      For $iN2 = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1          if $d_Names[$nI] == $d_Names[$nII] And $d_Names[$nII] <> "" Then              Local $timeSheetName = _ArraySearch($e_Names, $d_Names[$nI], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found it", $d_Names[$nI] & " In column E on Row " & $timeSheetName)              Local $eI  = $timeSheetName + 1              ;ConsoleWrite($timeSheetName & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite($eI & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)              _Excel_RangeInsert($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "E" & $eI & ":F" & $eI, $xlShiftDown)                                                                          ;Inserts a empty cell in columns E and F.              _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $d_Names[$nII], "E" & $eI)                                                                         ;Fills the empty cell in columns E with the doubled name              $aArray_Index = 2                                           ;Array element counter              For $Index = 2 To $IndexRows Step 1                        ;Loops through every row in the Excel file unto no rows are found or a null row is found                  $Array_Value_E = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "E"&$Index)                  $e_names[$aArray_Index] = $Array_Value_E                ;While the code loops every value in column E is stored in the E array (updating the array)                  $aArray_Index += 1              Next              ExitLoop          EndIf      Next      $nI  += 1      $nII += 1 Next Basically, It checks a roster for people whose name appears twice then inserts a new "row" for that person because they work in two different departments.
      I have to find that name however in Column E if two appear in column D. My code works but I think it is not as efficient as it could be. 
      Any ideas on how to improve the "update" for my array?
      (once it finds the double names in Column D it then searches for that name by going name by name in the Column E array and once it finds it inserts a new row. However, the E array doesn't have that new row stored in it so I have to "update" the array to properly find the next name)
      Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: Just assume I'm opening the excel file properly please do not add that code in, it only complicates your answer. 
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello Im wondering if using this https://ohtejera.github.io/ImperiusAutoIt/#started
      UDF can i make that I can control my windows application with phone?
      like for example click button Start on android phone and then something would be done in my windows app?
    • valdemar1977
      By valdemar1977
      Dbug is graphical debugger for AutoIt.
      Project started by @Heron in 2009 and now supported by @asdf8 and @valdemar1977.
      Features
      Debug the complete script or just parts of it Display run status (line number of currently executed function) GUI default always-on-top in the upper right corner for comfortable debugging WM_NOTIFY and WM_COMMAND hook to prevent interference with possible message handlers Display scope, type and value of variables, expressions, macro's and constants (global AND function local) Execute commands in an immediate window. Can be expressions, functions and assignments Detailed display of array, struct and object variables Dynamic display of variable value in the source code (under cursor) Array table viewer with ability to view the sub-arrays, the correct handling of macro @Error, @Extended and other changes OEM and ANSI console output Conditional breakpoints Saving settings and debugging state and much more... How to use
      Extract from downloaded archive _Dbug.au3 to your Autoit include dir Add #include <_Dbug.au3> in to your code and run code Before compile or buid comment or remove #include <_Dbug.au3> from your code
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How do I properly convert this to Autoit? This is a VBA macro that I recorded in Excel.
       ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2 I need this to close my subtotal once it is finished. 
      any help will be greatly appreciated. 
    • iMacg3
      By iMacg3
      Hi,
      I was looking into a way to delete a registry key (not a specific value, an entire key) if it is present. I was considering using RegRead and RegDelete. However, RegRead appears to only read values, not just keys. Is there a way to delete an entire registry key if it is present? I have heard that the below function may help.

#include-once ; #UDF# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: Reads\Search the name of a Key\Subkey\Value ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.8.1 ; Language ......: English ; Description ...: Lists all Keys\Subkeys\Values in a specified registry key ; Author(s) .....: DXRW4E ; Notes .........: ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #CURRENT# ===================================================================================================================== ;~ _RegEnumKeyEx ;~ _RegEnumValEx ; =============================================================================================================================== #Region ;**** Global constants and vars **** Global Const $sValueTypes[12] = ["REG_NONE","REG_SZ","REG_EXPAND_SZ","REG_BINARY","REG_DWORD","REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN","REG_LINK","REG_MULTI_SZ","REG_RESOURCE_LIST","REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR","REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST","REG_QWORD"] #EndRegion ;**** Global constants and vars **** ; #FUNCTION# ======================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _RegEnumKeyEx ; Description ...: Lists all subkeys in a specified registry key ; Syntax.........: _RegEnumKeyEx($KeyName[, $iFlag = 0[, $sFilter = "*"]]) ; Parameters ....: $KeyName - The registry key to read. ; $iFlag - Optional specifies Recursion (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; |$iFlag = 0 (Default) All Key-SubKeys Recursive Mod ; |$iFlag = 1 All SubKeys Not Recursive Mod ; |$iFlag = 2 Include in ArrayList in the first element $KeyName ; |$iFlag = 16 $sFilter do Case-Sensitive matching (By Default $sFilter do Case-Insensitive matching) ; |$iFlag = 32 Disable the return the count in the first element - effectively makes the array 0-based (must use UBound() to get the size in this case). ; By Default the first element ($array[0]) contains the number of strings returned, the remaining elements ($array[1], $array[2], etc.) ; |$iFlag = 64 $sFilter is REGEXP Mod, See Pattern Parameters in StringRegExp ; |$iFlag = 128 Enum value's name (_RegEnumKeyEx Return a 2D array, maximum Array Size limit is 3999744 Key\Value) ; |$iFlag = 256 Reads a value data, this flag will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; $sFilter - Optional the filter to use, default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") ; Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $vFilter - Optional the filter to use for ValueName, $vFilter will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $iValueTypes - Optional, set Value Types to search (Default $iValueTypes = 0 Read All), $iValueTypes will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; 1 = REG_SZ ; 2 = REG_EXPAND_SZ ; 3 = REG_BINARY ; 4 = REG_DWORD ; 5 = REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN ; 6 = REG_LINK ; 7 = REG_MULTI_SZ ; 8 = REG_RESOURCE_LIST ; 9 = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ; 10 = REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST ; 11 = REG_QWORD ; Return values .: Success - Return Array List (See Remarks) ; Failure - @Error ; |1 = Invalid $sFilter ; |2 = No Key-SubKey(s) Found ; |3 = Invalid $vFilter ; |4 = No Value-Name(s) Found ; Author ........: DXRW4E ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: The array returned is one-dimensional and is made up as follows: ; $array[0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[2] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[3] = 3rd Key\SubKeys ; $array[n] = nth Key\SubKeys ; ; If is set the $iFlag = 128 The array returned is 2D array and is made up as follows: ; $array[0][0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1][0] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[1][1] = 1st Value name ; $array[1][2] = 1st Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[1][3] = 1st Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[2][0] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[2][1] = 2nd Value name ; $array[2][2] = 2nd Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[2][3] = 2nd Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[n][0] = nth Key\SubKeys ; Related .......: _RegEnumValEx() ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: _RegEnumKeyEx("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3") ; Note ..........: ; =================================================================================================================================== Func _RegEnumKeyEx($KeyName, $iFlag = 0, $sFilter = "*", $vFilter = "*", $iValueTypes = 0) If StringRegExp($sFilter, StringReplace("^\s*$|\v|\\|^\||\|\||\|$", Chr(BitAND($iFlag, 64) + 28) & "\|^\||\|\||\|$", "\\\\")) Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") Local $IndexSubKey[101] = [100], $SubKeyName, $BS = "\", $sKeyList, $I = 1, $sKeyFlag = BitAND($iFlag, 1), $sKeyFilter = StringReplace($sFilter, "*", "") If BitAND($iFlag, 2) Then $sKeyList = @LF & $KeyName If Not BitAND($iFlag, 64) Then $sFilter = StringRegExpReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 16) & "(?i)(", "16\(\?\i\)|\d+", "") & StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace($sFilter, "[^*?|]+", "\\Q$0\\E"), "\\E(?=\||$)", "$0\$"), "(?<=^|\|)\\Q", "^$0"), "\*+", ".*") & ")" While $I $IndexSubKey[$I] += 1 $SubKeyName = RegEnumKey($KeyName, $IndexSubKey[$I]) If @error Then $IndexSubKey[$I] = 0 $I -= 1 $KeyName = StringLeft($KeyName, StringInStr($KeyName, "\", 1, -1) - 1) ContinueLoop EndIf If $sKeyFilter Then If StringRegExp($SubKeyName, $sFilter) Then $sKeyList &= @LF & $KeyName & $BS & $SubKeyName Else $sKeyList &= @LF & $KeyName & $BS & $SubKeyName EndIf If $sKeyFlag Then ContinueLoop $I += 1 If $I > $IndexSubKey[0] Then $IndexSubKey[0] += 100 ReDim $IndexSubKey[$IndexSubKey[0] + 1] EndIf $KeyName &= $BS & $SubKeyName WEnd If Not $sKeyList Then Return SetError(2, 0, "") If BitAND($iFlag, 128) <> 128 Then Return StringSplit(StringTrimLeft($sKeyList, 1), @LF, StringReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 32), "32", 2)) $sKeyList = _RegEnumValEx(StringSplit(StringTrimLeft($sKeyList, 1), @LF), $iFlag, $vFilter, $iValueTypes) Return SetError(@Error, 0, $sKeyList) EndFunc ; #FUNCTION# ======================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _RegEnumValEx ; Description ...: Lists all values in a specified registry key ; Syntax.........: _RegEnumValEx($KeyName[, $iFlag = 0[, $sFilter = "*"]]) ; Parameters ....: $KeyName - The registry key to read Or one-dimensional array RegKeyList ; use _RegEnumKeyEx() to get $RegKeyList (example $RegKeyList = [3, 1st Key\SubKeys, 2st Key\SubKeys, nth Key\SubKeys]) ; |$iFlag = 16 $sFilter do Case-Sensitive matching (By Default $sFilter do Case-Insensitive matching) ; |$iFlag = 32 Disable the return the count in the first element - effectively makes the array 0-based (must use UBound() to get the size in this case). ; By Default the first element ($array[0]) contains the number of strings returned, the remaining elements ($array[1], $array[2], etc.) ; |$iFlag = 64 $sFilter is REGEXP Mod, See Pattern Parameters in StringRegExp ; |$iFlag = 256 Reads a value data ; $sFilter - Optional the filter to use, default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") ; Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $iValueTypes - Optional, set Value Types to search (Default $iValueTypes = 0 Read All) ; (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; 1 = REG_SZ ; 2 = REG_EXPAND_SZ ; 3 = REG_BINARY ; 4 = REG_DWORD ; 5 = REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN ; 6 = REG_LINK ; 7 = REG_MULTI_SZ ; 8 = REG_RESOURCE_LIST ; 9 = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ; 10 = REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST ; 11 = REG_QWORD ; Return values .: Success - Return Array List (See Remarks) ; Failure - @Error ; |3 = Invalid $sFilter ; |4 = No Value-Name(s) Found ; Author ........: DXRW4E ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: The array returned is 2D array and is made up as follows: ; $array[0][0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1][0] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[1][1] = 1st Value name ; $array[1][2] = 1st Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[1][3] = 1st Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[2][0] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[2][1] = 2nd Value name ; $array[2][2] = 2nd Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[2][3] = 2nd Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[n][0] = nth Key\SubKeys ; Related .......: _RegEnumKeyEx() ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: _RegEnumValEx("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3") ; Note ..........: ; =================================================================================================================================== Func _RegEnumValEx($aKeyList, $iFlag = 0, $sFilter = "*", $iValueTypes = 0) If StringRegExp($sFilter, "\v") Then Return SetError(3, 0, "") If Not IsArray($aKeyList) Then $aKeyList = StringSplit($aKeyList, @LF) Local $aKeyValList[1954][4], $iKeyVal = Int(BitAND($iFlag, 32) = 0), $sKeyVal = 1953, $sRegEnumVal, $iRegEnumVal, $RegRead = BitAND($iFlag, 256), $vFilter = StringReplace($sFilter, "*", "") If Not BitAND($iFlag, 64) Then $sFilter = StringRegExpReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 16) & "(?i)(", "16\(\?\i\)|\d+", "") & StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace($sFilter, "[^*?|]+", "\\Q$0\\E"), "\\E(?=\||$)", "$0\$"), "(?<=^|\|)\\Q", "^$0"), "\*+", ".*") & ")" For $i = 1 To $aKeyList[0] $iRegEnumVal = 0 While 1 If $iKeyVal = $sKeyVal Then If $sKeyVal = 3999744 Then ExitLoop $sKeyVal *= 2 ReDim $aKeyValList[$sKeyVal + 1][4] EndIf $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][0] = $aKeyList[$i] $iRegEnumVal += 1 $sRegEnumVal = RegEnumVal($aKeyList[$i], $iRegEnumVal) If @Error <> 0 Then If $iRegEnumVal = 1 And $vFilter = "" Then $iKeyVal += 1 ExitLoop EndIf $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][2] = $sValueTypes[@Extended] If BitAND(@Extended, $iValueTypes) <> $iValueTypes Then ContinueLoop If $vFilter And Not StringRegExp($sRegEnumVal, $sFilter) Then ContinueLoop $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][1] = $sRegEnumVal If $RegRead Then $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][3] = RegRead($aKeyList[$i], $sRegEnumVal) $iKeyVal += 1 WEnd Next $sRegEnumVal = $iKeyVal - Int(BitAND($iFlag, 32) = 0) If Not $sRegEnumVal Or ($sRegEnumVal = 1 And $vFilter = "" And $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal - $sRegEnumVal][2] = "") Then Return SetError(4, 0, "") ReDim $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][4] If Not BitAND($iFlag, 32) Then $aKeyValList[0][0] = $iKeyVal - 1 Return $aKeyValList EndFunc Thanks.