Sign in to follow this  
atnextc

SOLVED----GUI Window Remembers Screen Position

atnextc

I have a script that parses our wiki page at work and generates an email.  The email is generated in its own "GUi-Window".  I have 4 monitors on my machine. My script is opening up the newly generated GUI page on another monitor other than the "primary". This is fine for me, but this is going to be deployed to everyone in my department who don't have multiple monitors setup.  I tested on a co-workers machine who only has his laptop, and the first gui opens just fine, but the second gui "email notification" opens "Off Screen".  I had to move it over to the laptop display to be able to see what was there.

Why is it doing this and how can I make it so that the second window always opens up on the same window where the first gui opens?

Code is below, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

FIrst Gui Creation

$C4Automation = GUICreate("C4 Automation", 615, 438, 188, 121)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("C4 Automation", 32, 24, 564, 41)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 24, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
$ProjectSiteCombo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 184, 104, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_SORT))
$ProjectTypeCombo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 184, 136, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_SORT))
$ProjectNameInputBox = GUICtrlCreateInput("Project Name", 184, 168, 161, 21, $ES_UPPERCASE)
$NumberofProjects = GUICtrlCreateInput("Number of Projects", 184, 200, 161, 21)
$Submit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit", 136, 264, 75, 25)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 256, 264, 75, 25)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Choose Your Project Type:", 24, 140, 156, 17)
$Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Choose Your Project Site:", 24, 108, 150, 17)
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Input Your Project Name:", 24, 172, 147, 17)
$Label5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Input Number of Projects", 24, 204, 145, 17)
$Label6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Choose Your Project Side", 24, 236, 149, 17)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_HIDE)
$ProjectSideCombo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 184, 232, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN, $CBS_SORT))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Second GUI Creation

$EmailEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 32, 72, 761, 401, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "")
$CopyButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Copy To Clipboard", 680, 480, 99, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_HIDE);;;;This hides the first GUI that is created. 
$EmailForm = GUICreate("Maintenance Email Notification", 831, 518, -1435, 222) 
$Label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Maintenance Email Notification ", 25, 22, 780, 41) 
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 24, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") 
$EmailEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 32, 72, 761, 401, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL)) 
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "") 
$CopyButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Copy To Clipboard", 680, 480, 99, 25) 
Local $test = FileRead("c4.txt") 
ClipPut($test) FileClose($c4file) 
FileDelete("c4.txt")
GUICtrlSetData($EmailEdit, ClipGet()) 
GUICtrlSetState($EmailEdit, $GUI_SHOW) 
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW);;;This shows the email generated form once all the data is populated in the edit box.
Edited by atnextc

TheSaint

$EmailForm = GUICreate("Maintenance Email Notification", 831, 518, -1435, 222)

Obviously it is the -1435 that is putting your GUI off-screen to the left.

If you are just gonna deploy to everyone as stand-alone, and don't need to check for multiple displays, then just change that to the required positive number.

If you only want to have a single program for yourself and them, then do a test based on user name, so as to retain the negative number on your machine, but a positive on everyone else's.

So either use @UserName or @ComputerName

Example

If @UserName = "atnextc" Then
    $left = -1435
Else
    $left = 188
EndIf
$EmailForm = GUICreate("Maintenance Email Notification", 831, 518, $left, 222)

Did you create the program code yourself?

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

atnextc

DUH!!!....didn't even see that.  Thanks alot.  yes I did create it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hi dears, i have an question please if you can help me.
      i maked an program to do some functions
      and this program works with the global hot keys
      i added an option to the users to change the hot keys
      when i searched about how to do that i found this UDF
      GUIHotkey.au3
      http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107965
      but the problem here that this UDF cant be detect the win key.
      can you help me to add it, or if there are any others UDFSS wich do that work please give me some.
      i hope that my question is clear for you.
      thanks in advance
    • Silas
      By Silas
      Hello everyone,
      I have a radio button ($Radio1), which I want to disable as soon as another one get's checked (Radio5). (The system fails if the radio button i'm troubling with also gets checked).
      I know how to disable him:
      If GUICtrlRead($Radio1)=1 And Not BitAND(GUICtrlGetState($Radio5), $GUI_DISABLE) Then GUICtrlSetState($Radio5, 128) But if i try to enable $Radio5 again, after $Radio1 isn't checked anymore, it fails:
      If GUICtrlRead($Radio1)=Not 1 And Not BitAND(GUICtrlGetState($Radio5), $GUI_ENABLE) Then GUICtrlSetState($Radio5, 64)  
      Anyone knows why?
    • Bllee
      By Bllee
      every time i press "delete button" delete a line, but i can't add new line with info. the id line write normally but i can't change or add new info
      obs: looking at the "includes" one realizes that already tried of everything that knew
      my code
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListBox.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <GuiListBox.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 612, 480, 192, 154) $MenuItem1 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Arquivo") $MenuItem2 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Salvar Ctrl+S", $MenuItem1, $SS_CENTER) $MenuItem4 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Carregar Ctrl+O", $MenuItem1, $SS_CENTER) $MenuItem3 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Salvar Como Shitft+Ctrl+S", $MenuItem1, $SS_CENTER) $Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 21, 8, 569, 97, $SS_CENTER) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("ID COR", 122, 32, 97, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("REGIÃO", 138, 64, 249, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Label", 264, 30, 121, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Label", 232, 32, 30, 17, $SS_CENTER) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Capturar Cor", 42, 30, 75, 25, $SS_CENTER) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Capturar Região", 42, 62, 91, 25, $SS_CENTER) $Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("ADD", 442, 24, 113, 33) $Button5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delet", 442, 64, 113, 33) $Group2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Editar ID selecionado", 8, 384, 601, 57, $SS_CENTER) $Input7 = GUICtrlCreateInput("ID", 10, 402, 40,21, $SS_CENTER) $Input4 = GUICtrlCreateInput("COR", 51, 402, 121, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Input5 = GUICtrlCreateInput("REGIÃO", 173, 402, 249, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Input6 = GUICtrlCreateInput("LABEL", 423, 402, 121, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("\/", 544, 400, 30, 25, $SS_CENTER) $Button6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("/\", 574, 400, 30, 25, $SS_CENTER) ; Add column Global $id = Int(0) $List1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("",5, 120, 601, 253, $SS_CENTER) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($List1, "ID",40) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($List1, "COR",100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($List1, "COORDENADA",305) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($List1, "LABEL",150) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $MenuItem2 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "ctrl + s", "Nothing Here",1) Case $MenuItem3 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "shift+ctrl s", "Nothing Here",1) Case $MenuItem4 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "ctrl + o", "Nothing Here",1) Case $Button1 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Capturar cor", "Aperte espaço para capturar a cor") GUICtrlSetData($Input1,MouseColor()) Case $Button2 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "capturar região", "Aperte espaço para capturar a posição inicial") local $mouse = MouseGetPos() $x_init = $mouse[0] $y_init = $mouse[1] MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "capturar região", "Aperte espaço para capturar a posição final") local $mouse = MouseGetPos() $x_end = $mouse[0] $y_end = $mouse[1] GUICtrlSetData($Input2,$x_init&','&$y_init&' ; '&$x_end&','&$y_end) Case $Button3 _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($List1, $id, 1) ; id _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, $id, GUICtrlRead($Input1), 1, 1) ;cor _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, $id, GUICtrlRead($Input2), 2, 1) ;coordenada _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, $id, GUICtrlRead($Input3), 3, 1) ;label $id= $id + 1 Case $Button4 $Item = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($List1) $Sid = _GUICtrlListView_GetItem($List1, Number($Item),0) $Scor = _GUICtrlListView_GetItem($List1, Number($Item),1) $Scord = _GUICtrlListView_GetItem($List1, Number($Item),2) $Slabel = _GUICtrlListView_GetItem($List1, Number($Item),3) ; get info GUICtrlSetData($Input7,$Sid[3]) GUICtrlSetData($Input4,$Scor[3]) GUICtrlSetData($Input5,$Scord[3]) GUICtrlSetData($Input6,$Slabel[3]) Case $Button5 _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItemsSelected($List1) Case $Button6 ; give back inf if GUICtrlRead($Input7) <> "ID" Then _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($List1, GUICtrlRead($Input4), GUICtrlRead($Input7),1) ;cor _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($List1, GUICtrlRead($Input5), GUICtrlRead($Input7),2) ;coordenada _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($List1, GUICtrlRead($Input6), GUICtrlRead($Input7),3) ;coordenada EndIf EndSwitch WEnd Func MouseColor() local $mouse = MouseGetPos() Return Hex(PixelGetColor($mouse[0],$mouse[1]), 6) EndFunc  
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      First, I want to apologize with you for the title not very clear, but I thought a little bit on which title to set at the thread, and this is the one that came in mind.
      Now, let me explain what I'm trying to understand.

I am making an application ( with n clients ), with an SQLite Database, which has a Main form, and n sub-forms... 
      Since these sub-forms are called several times, because they are used to add or update records to the Database, I put the code that generates the GUI of these sub-forms in Functions.
      There are two sub-forms which are "treated" as two main forms, since even them have n sub-forms, which perform various tasks.
      Where am I stucked?

For the Main form I created a Status Bar, in order to display messages ( add/delete/update/search results ), and it works perfectly with all the forms which don't have other sub-forms.
      For the two forms, which indeed have n sub-forms, I created two separated Status Bars, which are (re)created everytime I call the function that then displays the form.
      Practically, I can't set icons to these two Status Bars, and I don't know why.
      I'm really sorry that I don't feel clear enough, so, here you are an example of what I am saying.
      I recreated exactly what my script does:
      #include <GuiButton.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiStatusBar.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Global $frmSubForm, _ $txtSubFormField, _ $sbSubFormStatusBar, _ $objSB_IconError = _WinAPI_LoadShell32Icon(109), _ $objSB_IconInformation = _WinAPI_LoadShell32Icon(277) #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $frmMainForm = GUICreate("Main Form", 300, 300, -1, -1) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "ExitApplication") $sbMainStatusBar = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($frmMainForm) $btnCreateSubForm = GUICtrlCreateButton("Create Sub Form", 105, 110, 75, 41, BitOR($BS_CENTER,$BS_VCENTER,$BS_MULTILINE)) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "GenerateSubForm") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Arial") _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetSimple($sbMainStatusBar) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($sbMainStatusBar, "") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $frmMainForm) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func ExitApplication() Exit EndFunc Func GenerateSubForm() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $frmSubForm = GUICreate("Sub-Form", 300, 300, -1, -1, -1, -1, $frmMainForm) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "DeleteSubForm") $txtSubFormField = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 0, 0, 100, 20) $btnCheckSubFormField = GUICtrlCreateButton("Check Field", 105, 110, 75, 41, BitOR($BS_CENTER,$BS_VCENTER,$BS_MULTILINE)) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "CheckSubFormField") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Arial") $sbSubFormStatusBar = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($frmSubForm) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetSimple($sbSubFormStatusBar) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($sbSubFormStatusBar, "") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $frmSubForm) GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE, $frmMainForm) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### EndFunc Func DeleteSubForm() ; Declared Globally => $frmSubForm GUIDelete($frmSubForm) GUISetState(@SW_ENABLE, $frmMainForm) EndFunc Func WriteToStatusBar($sbStatusBar, $objSB_Icon, $strText) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon($sbStatusBar, 0, $objSB_Icon) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($sbStatusBar, $strText) ConsoleWrite("Icon Handle: " & $objSB_Icon & @CRLF) EndFunc Func CheckSubFormField() ; Declared Globally => $txtSubFormField If GUICtrlRead($txtSubFormField) = "" Then ; Declared Globally => $sbStatusBar WriteToStatusBar($sbSubFormStatusBar, $objSB_IconError, "Field NOK.") Else WriteToStatusBar($sbSubFormStatusBar, $objSB_IconInformation, "Field OK.") EndIf EndFunc The text is set, but icon is not.
      Could someone please tell me why?
      Thanks everyone in advance  

Best Regards.
    • Reziskonh
      By Reziskonh
      Hi, everybody
      I look for GUI whose behavior similar to the message of an email client or antivirus
      In other words:
          Any PC screen able to calculate the size
          To consider the Task bar size
          To find the lower corner on the right/below and to nestle on it

Notes:
      In GUI the GUICtrlCreateEdit field (as option) - that can be received and displayed through variable information
      Thanks a lot
      PS
      I use the translator, excuse if something is not clear