3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <Constants.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")
Global $up= Ping("www.bing.com")

Do
$date = @MDAY & "" & @MON & "" & @YEAR
$time = @HOUR & "" & @MIN & "" & @SEC
Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ping -t -s 1 myservername >> %userprofile%\desktop\' & $date & $time  & '.txt', @SystemDir, @SW_show)
ConsoleWrite($up & @LF)
sleep(5000)
Send("^+c")
_ProcessCloseEx("cmd.exe")
;Send("!+{F4}")
until $up=0

Func _Exit()
    Exit
 EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

Func _ProcessCloseEx($sPID)
   ;ConsoleWrite($sPID & @LF)
   local $killLync = $sPID
     ;ConsoleWrite($killLync & @LF)
    If IsString($sPID) Then $sPID = ProcessExists($sPID)

If Not $sPID Then Return msgbox(64,"Lync Status","Lync is not Running");SetError(1, 0, 0)

Return Run(@ComSpec & " /c taskkill /F /PID " & $sPID & " /T", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE) & TrayTip($killLync,"Killed", 5, 1)

EndFunc

Hi Guys, need some helps here

This is my pinging code. I was trying to ping continuously to my office server. now the issue I hit was I couldn't get the cmd windows close once its running. It opens a new one after the and old one stayed after the looping.

I tried to search around, but no luck I couldn't find the solution. The workaround for me right now is kill the process by PID. Really appreciate someone can take a look into it.

Edited by dannydy

AutoIt has a built-in ping command.

Also, if you insist on using the command prompt and you want it to close, don't use -t because the Ping will never stop until you kill the process. You'd probably be better off using -n and give it a count of how many times it pings the address. To stop the Ping in the command window, use Send("^c") not ^+c.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

try this code.......

this is better then send command...ControlSend("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]","","","^c")

#include <Constants.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")
Global $up= Ping("www.bing.com")

Do
$date = @MDAY & "" & @MON & "" & @YEAR
$time = @HOUR & "" & @MIN & "" & @SEC
Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ping -t -s 1 myservername >> %userprofile%\desktop\' & $date & $time  & '.txt', @SystemDir, @SW_show)
ConsoleWrite($up & @LF)
sleep(5000)
ControlSend("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]","","","^c")
_ProcessCloseEx("cmd.exe")
;Send("!+{F4}")
until $up=0

Func _Exit()
    Exit
 EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

Func _ProcessCloseEx($sPID)
   local $killLync = $sPID
     ;ConsoleWrite($killLync & @LF)
    If IsString($sPID) Then $sPID = ProcessExists($sPID)

If Not $sPID Then $ans = msgbox(5,"Lync Status","Lync is not Running");SetError(1, 0, 0)
       if $ans = 2 Then
          Exit
          Else
    Return Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ping -t -s 1 myservername >> %userprofile%\desktop\' & $date & $time  & '.txt', @SystemDir, @SW_show)

EndIf
EndFunc
Exit
Edited by adnanbaloch

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."