FrancescoDiMuro

Run cmd.exe + another exe

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Good morning AutoIt community! :)
Today, I'm here to ask you if you know how to run an .exe from cmd.exe ( Command Prompt )...
My intention is to read a .ini file where I store an information that has to be included in the shell, and run an .exe with that information...
I'll give you an example :)

Local $aFileCartellaAuditCopy = _FileListToArray($sPercorsoAuditCopy, "*.txt")
If @error Then      
    MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la lettura della lista dei file nella directory" & @CRLF & $sPercorsoAuditCopy & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
    Return False
Else
    Local $iPID = Run("cmd.exe" & ' /k "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Desktop\HmiCheckLogIntegrity.exe" "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Desktop\AuditTrailDosaggio0_20170327_151335_DOSAGGIO_PW_01.txt"') ; & " /k " & '"' & $sHmiCheckLogIntegrity & '"' & " " & '"' & $sPercorsoAuditCopy & "\" & $aFileCartellaAuditCopy[1] & '"', "", @SW_SHOW, $STDOUT_CHILD)
    Return True
EndIf

This code is in a function, that returns False if it can retrive at least a file from the path stored in the .ini file...
Else
I would like to run the Command Prompt with the .exe and with a parameter of that .exe, but it seems to not work properly.

Could please anyone tell me why?

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

#2 ·  Posted

Any reason you don't use either IniRead or IniReadSection?  Does the application require elevation, i.e. #RequireAdmin to run?  Does it need to be run in 32/64?

#3 ·  Posted

Hey @Subz, thanks for your quick reply :)
I did manage to run the .exe, and now I have to read the STDOut from the shell... ( By the way, I use IniReadSection(), but I didn't post that code ( because it's in another function, sorry :D
I can use StdoutRead() in a loop or... I don't know... I've never used that function before :D
Thank you again :) 

Spoiler

By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

#4 ·  Posted

So confused to what your question is? :) 

Here is a basic StdOutRead procedure, not sure if that's what you were after?

Local $sOutput = ""
    While 1
        $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    MsgBox(48, "Stdout Read:", $sOutput)

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

@Subz
Sorry for my "confusion"... :) Read below :D 

@Jos
Happy to see you here :) I've managed to run the .exe as I said in the previous post, and know I have to read the content of the STDOut, in order to compare the result from the ".exe" I've launched, and do what I need to do :)

I tried in this way, but it returns blank "result":

Local $sSTDOutRead = ""
While 1
    $sSTDOutRead = StdoutRead($iPID)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
WEnd
MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "", $sSTDOutRead) ; This returns blank MsgBox!

Thanks for you help guys :) 

EDIT: I've managed to correct the $sSTDOutRead with the "&" before the =...
@TheDcoder
I'll try it asap! Thanks :D 

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

#7 ·  Posted

You can try my Process UDF which is capable of returning the STD output for you :)

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      This baby can do almost any language! I found Gleany on this site and set it up on a fresh win10 install. all i would need to do to make it build an exe of the search files app we discovered is the .NET Target Framework download to build 100 % but the exe works and generates! You also need to add the path the the version of csc.exe that you want to run. MSBuild is part of .NET and can read your .csproj file.
      YOU can develop .NET OR C/C++ on this baby!
      Super lightweight (fit for crappy laptops), and you can use any dev compilers you wish, Ming, MS, etc, whatever.
      To use the build, you need to open the csproj file, else, to check your syntax it can compile individual files as well. The warning are because I do not have the .NET 4.6 Targeting Pack installed... LOL, and I could get rid of the Core warning, yes, I did not want to build a .NET Core.dll I wanted a live x64 exe! Told you MSBUILD could handle .CSPROJ, .VBPROJ, and all others Microsoft. Don't let Visual Code or Visual Studio slow you down, although, this works with Visual Code as well but there is only debugging in CORE.DLL projects

ListFiles Example.zip

• TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      What's next?
      I'm planning to add my own programming language to it!
      Its going to be implemented with an ActiveX COM dll.
      The syntax is going to be a bit like Lua I guess, any ideas are welcome!

Todo:
      Add sounds. Make an icon / logo. Design a better grammar ( Backus-Naur-vorm: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backus-Naur-vorm ). Make test "Console-Scripts" for it. Add a file type for script files ( like batch scripts ). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (maybe). Call neo   
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added tab key Main edit has focus now on startup Made a pdf that explains the upcoming programming language (need feedback about it!)  
      Until the dll is ready you can have fun with what I already have, hope you like it!
      UDF can be downloaded from the attachments.
      Regards

[The programming language part is been postponed]
      [It's been a while, made a custom recursive descent parser in AutoIt, language and updates will be uploaded soon!]

TheAutomator

Console.au3
      ConsoleScript.pdf
    • RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon!
      Just a quick one as this has dawned on me recently when creating a little program.  When calling an executable I've created like Run(otherapp.exe) from within my executable is there a best practice to ensure things have gone smoothly?  So for example, should I monitor the PID to ensure it runs and closes within an acceptable timeframe?  Or within my other executable should I do EXITs in a certain way after functions and return codes etc?
      Could be a silly question but thought I'd ask.
    • Eggsplorer
      By Eggsplorer
      Hi,
      Ich hab ein Script für Windows Updates, dass nach dem OOBE aufgerufen werden soll. Run/RunOnce ist daher nicht möglich.
      Stattdessen möchte ich das Script in den Autostart schreiben lasse. Wenn die OOBE beendet wird und der Administrator angemeldet wird, soll das Update-Script einmalig aufgerufen werden und sich anschl. selbst löschen.
      Lang rede, kurzer Sinn:
      Wie kann ich folgendes Script in den Autostart schreiben?
      RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -File C:\UA\Scripts\win-updates.ps1 -MaxUpdatesPerCycle 100 -RestartRequired 1", "") Ich würde ungern eine BAT oder EXE reinkopieren, da ich es unsauber finde. Die müsste ja auch zusätzlich irgendwo liegen.
      Danke
      Eggsplorer
    • hcI
      By hcI
      Hello I would like to know if there is a way to return a sentence in cmd when I launch from it (because I add arguments).
      For example, diskpart.exe which help to manage the key and hdd connected, when you launch it with the parameter "/f" the app return a sentence saying that it don't recognize the parameter "/f" and it return the sentence in the cmd where i started the application, not a new one.
      That's what I want to do but I couldn't find anything that would solve my problem on internet and on AutoIt like ConsoleWrite / ConsoleWriteError (don't work).

Thanks