FrancescoDiMuro

Run cmd.exe + another exe

FrancescoDiMuro

Good morning AutoIt community! :)
Today, I'm here to ask you if you know how to run an .exe from cmd.exe ( Command Prompt )...
My intention is to read a .ini file where I store an information that has to be included in the shell, and run an .exe with that information...
I'll give you an example :)

Local $aFileCartellaAuditCopy = _FileListToArray($sPercorsoAuditCopy, "*.txt")
If @error Then      
    MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la lettura della lista dei file nella directory" & @CRLF & $sPercorsoAuditCopy & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
    Return False
Else
    Local $iPID = Run("cmd.exe" & ' /k "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Desktop\HmiCheckLogIntegrity.exe" "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Desktop\AuditTrailDosaggio0_20170327_151335_DOSAGGIO_PW_01.txt"') ; & " /k " & '"' & $sHmiCheckLogIntegrity & '"' & " " & '"' & $sPercorsoAuditCopy & "\" & $aFileCartellaAuditCopy[1] & '"', "", @SW_SHOW, $STDOUT_CHILD)
    Return True
EndIf

This code is in a function, that returns False if it can retrive at least a file from the path stored in the .ini file...
Else
I would like to run the Command Prompt with the .exe and with a parameter of that .exe, but it seems to not work properly.

Could please anyone tell me why?

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

Subz

Any reason you don't use either IniRead or IniReadSection?  Does the application require elevation, i.e. #RequireAdmin to run?  Does it need to be run in 32/64?

FrancescoDiMuro

Hey @Subz, thanks for your quick reply :)
I did manage to run the .exe, and now I have to read the STDOut from the shell... ( By the way, I use IniReadSection(), but I didn't post that code ( because it's in another function, sorry :D
I can use StdoutRead() in a loop or... I don't know... I've never used that function before :D
Thank you again :) 

Spoiler

By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

Subz

So confused to what your question is? :) 

Here is a basic StdOutRead procedure, not sure if that's what you were after?

Local $sOutput = ""
    While 1
        $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    MsgBox(48, "Stdout Read:", $sOutput)

FrancescoDiMuro

@Subz
Sorry for my "confusion"... :) Read below :D 

@Jos
Happy to see you here :) I've managed to run the .exe as I said in the previous post, and know I have to read the content of the STDOut, in order to compare the result from the ".exe" I've launched, and do what I need to do :)

I tried in this way, but it returns blank "result":

Local $sSTDOutRead = ""
While 1
    $sSTDOutRead = StdoutRead($iPID)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
WEnd
MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "", $sSTDOutRead) ; This returns blank MsgBox!

Thanks for you help guys :) 

EDIT: I've managed to correct the $sSTDOutRead with the "&" before the =...
@TheDcoder
I'll try it asap! Thanks :D 

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

TheDcoder

You can try my Process UDF which is capable of returning the STD output for you :)

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!