code runs inconsistently

aleph01

Greetings Forum:  I have some code that usually runs fine, but occasionally the ControlSetText lines seem to not run and the ControlClick produces a "bad credentials" error from TrackIt.  I've tried putting Sleep() entries, thinking that the script is somehow "getting ahead of itself" if you know what I mean, but still it runs inconsistently.  Any and all help is welcome.

Thanks,

_aleph_

Run ("C:\Users\aleph\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\J8431LJO.VVZ\OO9HM5PO.BWE\3085..5dfd_0000000000000000_000b.0001_0acfc99753a621ef\TechnicianClient.exe")
WinWait ("Track-It! Login")
Sleep (1500)
WinActivate ("Track-It! Login")
Sleep (100)
ControlSetText ("Track-It! Login", "", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.286424b_r18_ad1; INSTANCE:1]", "aleph")
;Sleep (100)
ControlSetText ("Track-It! Login", "", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.286424b_r18_ad1; INSTANCE:2]", "xxxxx")
Sleep (100)
;WinActivate ("Track-It! Login")
;Sleep (100)
ControlClick ("Track-It! Login", "", "[Class:WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.286424b_r18_ad1; INSTANCE:1]")

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

Possible solution.

If ControlSetText ("Track-It! Login", "", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.286424b_r18_ad1; INSTANCE:2]", "xxxxx") Then
    Do
        Sleep(10)
    Until ControlGetText("Track-It! Login", "", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.286424b_r18_ad1; INSTANCE:2]") = "xxxxx"
    Sleep(100)
EndIf

You get the idea.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thanks, JohnOne.  That was so simple, I feel like a blind man at a light show. OMG!, I'm off for a week and won't be able to test for a while.  It's kinda like living with bees in your head, but there they are, whatcha gonna do?  I do have a question, though.  Is there an advantage to using the If/EndIf loop?  Could I just use ControlSetText then the Do/Until loop?

Sure you can.

Just force of habit, I like to test results of functions.

If for some reason ControlSetText can not access the control, you are going to be in a bit of a pickle.

I always like to have a plan B.

I would also code a timeout in the above if I were using it, but just left out for brevity.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

JohnOne,

Just wanted to thank you again.  The code works like a charm.  It's like having a "ControlSetTextWait."  Thanks for the code.  I grow more proficient by the day with the help of people like you.

_aleph_

Happy to help.

I learnt quite quickly that a bit of extra code and time, can vastly improve the robustness of your script.

Some people might call it overkill, but in my own scripts I wrap a lot of native functions I'm going to use, for example, someone might have in their code this...

ClipPut("Some data")

In my script it would be more like...

_ClipPut("Some data")

Func _ClipPut($xData)
    Local $iErrorTimedOut = 1
    Local $iTimeout = 100
    Local $Timer = TimerInit()
    Do
        If TimerDiff($Timer) >= $iTimeout Then
            Return SetError($iErrorTimedOut, 0, 0)
        EndIf
        ClipPut($xData)
    Until ClipGet() = $xData
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_ClipPut

And almost every Control* function in a similar fashion.