Sign in to follow this  
AliOzturk

Changing songs using shortcuts

AliOzturk

Hello guys

I would like to be able to change songs on spotify using shourtcuts on my keyboard due to the fact i don't own a keyboard with extra keys providing this feature.

Therefor I've made a script binding my keys to make this possible, but i have a few issues and I think there is a easier or better way of creating this script. I hope someone can have a look and tell me what i could improve.

Some of the issues are:

• I have to wait a little time before i will be able to change song right after i just changed. (I can't spam ALT + Right)
  • Doesn't work when im inside a game. This is actually a big issue for me.

My current code which works:

HotKeySet("!{left}", "Previous")
HotKeySet("!{right}","naeste")
HotKeySet("!{down}","current")
HotKeySet("{DEL}","quit")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func naeste()
   Sleep(400)
   ControlSend("Spotify", "", "", "^{right}")
EndFunc

Func Previous()
   Sleep(400)
   ControlSend("Spotify", "", "", "^{left}")
EndFunc

Func Current()
   Local $song = WinGetTitle("Spotify", "")
   TrayTip("", $song, 1)
EndFunc

Func quit()
   Exit 0
EndFunc

- AliOzturk

Edited by AliOzturk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• BogdanNicolescu
      By BogdanNicolescu
      While 1 / / / A whole bunch of codes found in help and here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ / / / WEnd OR:

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate") While 1 MouseClick("Right",674,422) MouseClick("Left",673,447) Sleep(2000) / / / A whole bunch of codes found in help and here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ / / / MouseClick("Left",675,339) SLeep(3000) WEnd Func Terminate()     Exit 0 EndFunc  
      Sorry if i should't let this here to be found by newbies like me -.-'
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello all
      I found this function in the Internet
      It is to play audio files from  the compiled script
      I did not understand just one thing on this function
      func play($name, $wait = 0) local Const $SND_RESOURCE = 0x00040004 local Const $SND_ASYNC = 1 ; Play the file - the script will pause as it sounds if $wait = 0 then DllCall("winmm.dll", "int", "PlaySound", "str", $name, "hwnd", 0, "int", BitOR($SND_RESOURCE, $SND_ASYNC)) else DllCall("winmm.dll", "int", "PlaySound", "str", $name, "hwnd", 0, "int", $SND_RESOURCE) endIf return 1 endFunc What I did not understand was this variable
      local Const $SND_RESOURCE = 0x00040004 I know that this variable is contains the resource name
      But what if I want to change the name of the resource what i'll do?
      can i do that?
      Thanks in advance

• krasnoshtan
      By krasnoshtan
      Hello forum users!
      At some point I had a need to restart my script. Is it possible to do this with autoit or do I need to connect additional scripts like .cmd or .bat?
      For example: i have only script.au3 and it's running. Wich code shoud i use to exit from the script and start it again?
    • boomingranny
      By boomingranny
      ;****************************************************************** ;Spotify Automation: Start spotify and play a playlist ;v1.01 27/04/2018 ;------------------------------------------------------------------ ;by Daniel Barnes ;------------------------------------------------------------------ ;v1.01 27/04/2018 ;restarts spotify if it fails the first time ;works on computers that minimize Spotify to tray ;instead of closing it, and have a different ui element selected ;such as the Devices available option when spotify is started ;------------------------------------------------------------------ ;v1.00 25/04/2018 ;initial version ;------------------------------------------------------------------ ;Replace the below with the Spotify URI ;If you right click the playlist> share> copy spotify uri ;you can find the uri $spotifyURI = "spotify:user:12177300374:playlist:0iaTAvHRSaIkD23ofl2tck" ;****************************************************************** ;if this script breaks in the future, figure this out using the AutoIt Window Info Tool Const $SpotifyWindowIdentifier = "[Title:Spotify;Class:Chrome_WidgetWin_0]" ;NOTE ABOUT SHUFFLE: ;I couldn't automate turning shuffling on or off ;I can toggle it, but I cannot figure out the current state ;If you want to shuffle, turn on shuffle in Spotify prior ;to running this script PlaySpotifyPlaylist($spotifyURI) Func PlaySpotifyPlaylist($spotifyURI,$retry = 0) ;terminate spotify process on subsequent attempts If $retry Then echo ("Closing existing Spotify process") ProcessClose("Spotify.exe") endif echo ("Launching Spotify URI") ShellExecute($spotifyURI) ;Pause any existing song playing (if there is any) ;this is because Spotify's window title is only 'Spotify' when it is not playing any songs If Not WinExists($SpotifyWindowIdentifier) Then echo ("Pausing existing song (To find spotify window)") $timer = TimerInit() While Not WinExists($SpotifyWindowIdentifier) Send("{MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE}") Sleep(500) If TimerDiff($timer) > 5 * 1000 Then ErrorMsg ("Timed out trying pause existing song") WEnd endif ;Get Spotify Window Handle $hwndSpotify = WinGetHandle($SpotifyWindowIdentifier) echo ("Attempting to play playlist") $timer = TimerInit() While WinGetTitle($hwndSpotify) = "Spotify" ;once it is playing the song, the title changes to the name of the song WinActivate($hwndSpotify) ControlSend($hwndSpotify,"","","{ENTER}") ;space will play what was previously playing (even another playlist or song), enter will play the playlist ;) Sleep(1000) If TimerDiff($timer) > 5 * 1000 Then If $retry Then ErrorMsg ("Timed out trying to play playlist") else Return PlaySpotifyPlaylist($spotifyURI,$retry+1) endif endif WEnd EndFunc Func echo($text) ConsoleWrite ($text&@CRLF) EndFunc Func ErrorMsg($text) MsgBox(16,StringTrimRight(@ScriptName,4),$text) Exit EndFunc  
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I've bought a Ergodox EZ programmable keyboard with layers of key maps (eg, layer 0 = dvorak, layer 1 = numberpad & nav, layer 2 = qwerty, etc), I've also got a small USB screen that can pull information from the registry. What I would like to determine is a way to pull the value of each current key from the keyboard, I can then write the values to the registry and pull them into my USB screen so I can see the keyboard key layout.
      I'm stuck with retrieving the key values, I've looked at _IsPressed(), _WinAPI_GetKeyState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardType(), _WinAPI_GetKeyNameText(), but none of them appear to be able to pull the keyboard key values without user interaction.
      The idea being, in pseudo code, bear in mind no error checking etc in this code, "GetKeyValue()" is what I'm needing help with and is a made up function, as is "HardwareKey1" etc:
      $keyOnePrev = "" $numOfKeys = 76 While 1 $keyOneCurrent = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey1) If $keyOneCurrent <> $keyOnePrev Then For $key = 1 To $numOfKeys $keyToWrite = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey & $key) RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\myKeyboard", "key" & $key, "REG_SZ", $keyToWrite) Next EndIf $keyOnePrev = $keyOneCurrent Sleep(5000) WEnd Thanks guys!