Sign in to follow this  
AliOzturk

Changing songs using shortcuts

AliOzturk

Hello guys

I would like to be able to change songs on spotify using shourtcuts on my keyboard due to the fact i don't own a keyboard with extra keys providing this feature.

Therefor I've made a script binding my keys to make this possible, but i have a few issues and I think there is a easier or better way of creating this script. I hope someone can have a look and tell me what i could improve.

Some of the issues are:

• I have to wait a little time before i will be able to change song right after i just changed. (I can't spam ALT + Right)
  • Doesn't work when im inside a game. This is actually a big issue for me.

My current code which works:

HotKeySet("!{left}", "Previous")
HotKeySet("!{right}","naeste")
HotKeySet("!{down}","current")
HotKeySet("{DEL}","quit")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func naeste()
   Sleep(400)
   ControlSend("Spotify", "", "", "^{right}")
EndFunc

Func Previous()
   Sleep(400)
   ControlSend("Spotify", "", "", "^{left}")
EndFunc

Func Current()
   Local $song = WinGetTitle("Spotify", "")
   TrayTip("", $song, 1)
EndFunc

Func quit()
   Exit 0
EndFunc

- AliOzturk

Edited by AliOzturk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• sosimple
      By sosimple
      Is this possible with autoit?
      What I want to do:
      Create a Desctop windows shortcut to run an executable application created with autoit, which shortcut would have some parameters which will send as a variable to the aplicagion .
      For example:
      Create an app : ExampleAppCreatedByAutoit.exe
      Run this with a shortcut which has:  "C:/ExampleAppCreatedByAutoit.exe" -option1
      What I want to do is the ExampleAppCreatedByAutoit.exe take the option1 and do something like this: Shellexecute("c:\myfolder\option1.exe")
      Can I do that?
      Thanks,
    • ademon
      By ademon
      Hi. I can open the editor with out problems but I can not compile because it is placed on another partition diferent from C.
      Can you provide an update of this bug?

• lenclstr746
      By lenclstr746
      Hi guys,
      Some functions of my script are running slowly. Very slow. What is the reason?
      My Code:
      <snip>
    • BogdanNicolescu
      By BogdanNicolescu
      While 1 / / / A whole bunch of codes found in help and here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ / / / WEnd OR:

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate") While 1 MouseClick("Right",674,422) MouseClick("Left",673,447) Sleep(2000) / / / A whole bunch of codes found in help and here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ / / / MouseClick("Left",675,339) SLeep(3000) WEnd Func Terminate()     Exit 0 EndFunc  
      Sorry if i should't let this here to be found by newbies like me -.-'
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello all
      I found this function in the Internet
      It is to play audio files from  the compiled script
      I did not understand just one thing on this function
      func play($name, $wait = 0) local Const $SND_RESOURCE = 0x00040004 local Const $SND_ASYNC = 1 ; Play the file - the script will pause as it sounds if $wait = 0 then DllCall("winmm.dll", "int", "PlaySound", "str", $name, "hwnd", 0, "int", BitOR($SND_RESOURCE, $SND_ASYNC)) else DllCall("winmm.dll", "int", "PlaySound", "str", $name, "hwnd", 0, "int", $SND_RESOURCE) endIf return 1 endFunc What I did not understand was this variable
      local Const $SND_RESOURCE = 0x00040004 I know that this variable is contains the resource name
      But what if I want to change the name of the resource what i'll do?
      can i do that?
      Thanks in advance