Sign in to follow this  
Reinhardt1julian

ListViewItem not selected

Reinhardt1julian

I have 2 listviews and two buttons to move the items from one list to the other (One ">>" button and one "<<"). Now, when I select an item and press the >> button (The left listview1 is full while the right listview2 is empty) it puts this item into the other list. Now it seems like no item on the left list is selected, but when I press the >> button again, it copys the item that was below the item I moved over to the other list. (Now this item is on both lists) I can repeat that, so the item is on hte right list multiple times. Why? And how can I stop that?

Here's the code I am using:

$selectedwah = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($List1wah, _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectionMark($List1wah))
If $selectedwah = "|" OR $selectedwah = "||" Then
Else
    MsgBox(0,"",$selectedwah)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($selectedwah, $List2wah)
    _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItemsSelected($List1wah)
    $aSorting = False
    _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort($List2wah, $aSorting, 0)
    $selMessd = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List2wah)
    GUICtrlSetData($Label3wah, $selMessd & " Messdiener")
EndIf

BrewManNH

Please post a working example of the problem, it's hard to figure out what is happening with such a small snippet of the script. By working example I mean one that can be run as is that demonstrates the issue you're having.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Reinhardt1julian

Please post a working example of the problem, it's hard to figure out what is happening with such a small snippet of the script. By working example I mean one that can be run as is that demonstrates the issue you're having.

Sure thing, here you go:

#include <ListViewConstants.au3>
    #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
    #include <GuiListView.au3>
    #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
    $Form5wah = GUICreate("Test", 674, 469, -1, -1)
    $List1wah = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name|Surename|", 8, 32, 353, 383, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT))
    $List2wah = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name|Surename", 448, 32, 217, 357, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES + $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)
    $Button3wah = GUICtrlCreateButton(">>", 368, 184, 75, 25)
    $Button4wah = GUICtrlCreateButton("<<", 368, 232, 75, 25)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Peter|Parker", $List1wah)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Louis|Smith", $List1wah)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Christian|Grey", $List1wah)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("John|Williams", $List1wah)
    While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        Switch $msg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                GUIDelete($Form5wah)
                ExitLoop
            Case $Button3wah
                $selMessd2 = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List1wah)
                If $selMessd2 = 0 Then
                    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Nothing here")
                Else
                    $selectedwah = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($List1wah, _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectionMark($List1wah))
                    Else
                        $aSorting = False
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            Case $Button4wah
                $selMessd2 = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List2wah)
                If $selMessd2 = 0 Then
                Else
                    $selMessd = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List2wah)
                    $selectedwah = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($List2wah, _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectionMark($List2wah))
                    Else
                        GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($selectedwah, $List1wah)
                        _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItemsSelected($List2wah)
                        $aSorting = False
                        _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort($List1wah, $aSorting, 0)
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            EndSwitch
    WEnd

Melba23

Reinhardt1julian ,

Just check to see if there is anything selected before doing anything at all:

Case $Button3wah
    If _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($List1wah) Then ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        $selMessd2 = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List1wah)
        If $selMessd2 = 0 Then
        Else
            If $selectedwah = "|" Or $selectedwah = "||" Then
            Else
                $aSorting = False
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
That works for me. :)

M23

• Like 1

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members,
      I'm trying to move unread mails from Inbox to a different folder using OutlookEx UDF.
      But its not working for me. I'm not sure what mistake I do.
      I get the error code 6 when the following is executed. From the UDF it is observed that  "No or an invalid item has been specified".
      Note : The UDF version is 1.3.3.1. AutoIt version (v3.3.14.2).
      #include <OutlookEX.au3> Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open() If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) Global $aOL_Item = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Inbox", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "Subject", "", 1) If $aOL_Item[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove Example Script", "Could not find a task item in folder 'Outlook-UDF-Test\SourceFolder\Tasks'. @error = " & @error) _ArrayDisplay($aOL_Item, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script - Unread mails") _OL_ItemMove($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test\TargetFolder\Mail") If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove Example Script", "Error moving specified task. @error = " & @error) Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      Thanks and regards,
      Gowrisankar R.
    • Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      I am tracking this topic by @LarsJ.  It is very advanced and overkill for what I am currently trying to do.

Problem is this.
      Listview contains columns, one of which is right aligned and gets populated by float values, such as 123.99.  Some do not have decimals ie 124.00 and on sort gets truncated to 124.  Its obviously still the same value, but the display has reset.
      ; line below is for list VIEW ;..................................0.........1......2............ $cListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("CUSTOMER|AMOUNT|DESCRIPTION", 8, 152, 764, 279) GUICtrlSetBkColor($cListView, $GUI_BKCOLOR_LV_ALTERNATE) ; alternate between the listview background color and the listview item background color GUICtrlSetBkColor($cListView, $LVStdClr) ; Set the background color for the listview _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 0, 120) ; -- the client name _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 1, 90) ;-- the amount _GUICtrlListView_JustifyColumn($cListView, 1, 1) ; 1 - Text is right aligned _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 2, 200) ; the description What I am looking for is something native and simple like a 
          _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnFormat($cListView, 1, "%.2f") ;  1 - column is stringformatted to "%.2f"
      So that after each sort it will appear as it was in the original rendering.
      Is there something like this? I have not been able to find a simple solution.

Thanks.
      Skysnake
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I have tried several way sto get this to work to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include "GuiListViewEx.au3" $idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($r & " | " & $c & $adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value & " | " & $Timestamp & " | " & _StringProper($adoRs.Fields("Tillid").value) & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Card Number : " & $cardnum & " " , $idListView) ConsoleWrite( "IDITEM" & $idItem) If STRINGLEFT($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value,1)= "-" Then Consolewrite(" String is Negative" & @CRLF) ;Drops in Here as expected ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_RED) ; Colour line if item is negative this didn' work $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor($hListView, $CLR_RED) ; I also tried $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor(-1, 0xFF0000) CONSOLEWRITE("TEXTCOLOUR RETURNED " & $TxC & @crlf) ; This is returning True ELSE Consolewrite(" String is NOT Negative" & @CRLF) EndIf  
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I am trying to build a list from a query run against a sybase db. This part works fine. My problem is this, I want to display values in a list depending 
      on the value of certain fields  i.e. See below which works for two. Unfortunately, I need it to work for 3 values.  I don't know how I can do this for 3.  I did try doing a select case but I was getting errors.

i.e. if value =0  then "Card Check" if Value = - Then "Card Spend" Else "Money Added"
      The below immediate iif works brilliantly for two but as I say I need to build this with 3 different values. 

$idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem( _iif($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value =0, "Card check","Money Added") 

Any help appreciated.
    • Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      Example of Subclassing listviews using setwindowSubclass in order to intercept WM_KEYUP events
      Also pops context menu on  Shift + F10
      #include <Misc.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3> Global $g_hCB, $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[2][2] ;Stores the Data for subclassing listview Global $g_LVKEYUP = 0xFE00, $g_LVKEYDN = 0xFD00 ;Our Own Custom messages (Key Up/Dn) Global $g_iDummyData Global $g_hGui = GUICreate("test") Global $g_hList1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("#|x|y", 5, 24, 161, 70, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Or $LVS_SINGLESEL) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("text", $g_hList1) Global $g_hList1_LVN = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ;Recieves Messages from the callback Global $g_hContext1 = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($g_hList1) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("1", $g_hContext1) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("2", $g_hContext1) Global $g_hList2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("#|x|y", 5, 100, 161, 70, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Or $LVS_SINGLESEL) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("text", $g_hList2) Global $g_hList2_LVN = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ;Recieves Messages from the callback Global $g_hContext2 = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($g_hList2) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("3", $g_hContext2) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("4", $g_hContext2) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) SubClassListView() ;Creates our subclass Func SubClassListView() OnAutoItExitRegister("Cleanup") ;to remove our subclass $g_hCB = DllCallbackRegister('_SubclassProc', 'lresult', 'hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam;uint_ptr;dword_ptr') $g_pCB = DllCallbackGetPtr($g_hCB) $g_ahProc[0][0] = $g_hList1 ;Add the Ids of the controls we'd like to subclass $g_ahProc[1][0] = $g_hList2 ;Set up the subclass _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass ( $hWnd, $pSubclassProc, $idSubClass [, $pData = 0] ) $g_ahProc[0][1] = _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[0][0]), $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[0][0], $g_hList1_LVN) $g_ahProc[1][1] = _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[1][0]), $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[1][0], $g_hList2_LVN) EndFunc ;==>SubClassListView Func _SubclassProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam, $iID, $pData) #forceref $iID Local $iRtnMsg = 0 ;Events we'd like to intercept If $iMsg = $WM_KEYUP Or $iMsg = $WM_SYSKEYUP Then $iRtnMsg = $g_LVKEYUP ElseIf $iMsg = $WM_KEYDOWN Or $iMsg = $WM_SYSKEYDOWN Then $iRtnMsg = $g_LVKEYDN EndIf ;We Recieve the Id of the dummy through $pData and pass our RtnMsg to the dummy control If $iRtnMsg Then GUICtrlSendToDummy($pData, BitOR($iRtnMsg, $wParam)) ;Pass messages on to the default handler Return _WinAPI_DefSubclassProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>_SubclassProc Func Cleanup() For $i = 0 To UBound($g_ahProc) - 1 ;Remove Our Subclass' by setting it back to the original proc _WinAPI_RemoveWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[$i][0]), DllCallbackGetPtr($g_ahProc[$i][1]), $g_ahProc[$i][0]) Next DllCallbackFree($g_hCB) EndFunc ;==>Cleanup While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $g_hList1_LVN ;This is just a dummy it only recieves events ConsoleWrite("LV1 EVENT 0x" & Hex($g_iDummyData, 4) & @CRLF) $g_iDummyData = GUICtrlRead($g_hList1_LVN) ;Retrieve the code that was sent Switch BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0xFF00) ;Get the keyup/dn status Case $g_LVKEYDN If BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF) = 0x79 And (_IsPressed("A0") Or _IsPressed("A1")) Then ;Right/ Left Shift & F10 ShowMenu($g_hGui, $g_hList1, $g_hContext1) Else ConsoleWrite("Lv1 KeyDn Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndIf Case $g_LVKEYUP ConsoleWrite("Lv1 KeyUp Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndSwitch Case $g_hList2_LVN $g_iDummyData = GUICtrlRead($g_hList2_LVN) ;Retrieve the code that was sent ConsoleWrite("LV2 EVENT 0x" & Hex($g_iDummyData, 4) & @CRLF) Switch BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0xFF00) ;Get the keyup/dn status Case $g_LVKEYDN ConsoleWrite("Lv2 KeyDn Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode Case $g_LVKEYUP ConsoleWrite("Lv2 KeyUp Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndSwitch EndSwitch WEnd Func ShowMenu($hWnd, $idCtrl, $idContext) Local $aPos, $iX, $iY Local $hMenu = GUICtrlGetHandle($idContext) $aPos = ControlGetPos($hWnd, "", $idCtrl) $iX = $aPos[0] $iY = $aPos[1] + $aPos[3] ClientToScreen($hWnd, $iX, $iY) ; Show at the given coordinates (x, y) the popup menu (hMenu) which belongs to a given GUI window (hWnd) _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $hWnd, $iX, $iY) EndFunc ;==>ShowMenu ; Convert the client (GUI) coordinates to screen (desktop) coordinates Func ClientToScreen($hWnd, ByRef $iX, ByRef $iY) Local $tPoint = DllStructCreate("int;int") DllStructSetData($tPoint, 1, $iX) DllStructSetData($tPoint, 2, $iY) DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ClientToScreen", "hwnd", $hWnd, "struct*", $tPoint) $iX = DllStructGetData($tPoint, 1) $iY = DllStructGetData($tPoint, 2) ; release Struct not really needed as it is a local $tPoint = 0 EndFunc ;==>ClientToScreen  
      Old Code Using setWindowLong