Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blinky

SPI Hardware Interface

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

This is my special pet project.

It is an example of how u can use autoit to control external devices.

this script is made to comunicate with the MAX335 chip  using the SPI protocol via the LPT(printer) port

the beauty of the MAX335 chip is that the Clock, Data_In and the Chip_Select pins can be directly connected to the LPT port without any external components, and the 12V and 5V directly from an ATX PC power suply.

aditionaly i made a custom GUI with CommandFusion instaled on an Android Tablet that sends TCP commands to an Autoit TCP server that controls three dasy chained MAX335 chips that totals 24 independent NO switches

this script works perfectly for me

i just finished this project and i think i will make an UDF including more SPI devices

$DLLFileAndPath = @ScriptDir & "/inpout32.dll"

Global $335_device_number=3 ;number of daisy chained chips
Global $335_clock_bit=0 ;bit number for LPT pin 1 in the control Register of the LPT port(where i connected the CLK pin on te MAX335)
Global $335_cs_bit=4;bit number for LPT pin 6 in the data Register of the LPT port(where i connected the CS pin on te MAX335)
Global $335_data_in_bit=7;bit number for LPT pin 9 in the data Register of the LPT port(where i connected the DI pin on te MAX335)
Global $clock_delay=1;this limits the clock speed but it works fine with 0

;the ini file will be created and will keep the MAX335 pins statuses
For $i=0 To $335_device_number*8-1 Step 1
IniWrite("355_buffer.ini","present_data",$i,"0")
Next

set_max335_output(2,3,1) ; this will activate switch 2 on device 3 on the daisy chain

Func set_max335_output($output_no,$device_no,$status)
    $bit_no=($device_no-1)*8+$output_no-1 ; get the exact bit number of the switch
    IniWrite("355_buffer.ini","present_data",$bit_no,$status); whrite it to the buffer
;this part is where the SPI protocol begins
            set_control_bit($335_clock_bit,1); drop CLK
            set_data_bit($335_cs_bit,0) ;activate CS
            Sleep($clock_delay)
        For $i=$335_device_number*8-1 To 0 Step -1; start writing from buffer MostSignificantByte first
            $data=IniRead("355_buffer.ini","present_data",$i,"0")
            set_data_bit($335_data_in_bit,$data) ; set data bit value
            set_control_bit($335_clock_bit,0) ;raise CLK
            Sleep($clock_delay)
            set_control_bit($335_clock_bit,1); drop CLK
            Sleep($clock_delay)
        Next
            set_data_bit($335_cs_bit,1);deactivate CS
EndFunc

Func set_data_bit($bit,$stat=-1) ; it will write the value of the bit in the data reg of the LPT port
    $y= DllCall($DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Inp32", "int", "0x378")
    $bits=dec_to_bin($y[0])
    If $stat = -1 Then 
        If $bits[$bit]=0 Then
            $bits[$bit]=1
        Else
            $bits[$bit]=0
        EndIf
            $bcd=bin_to_dec($bits)
            DllCall( $DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Out32", "int", "0x378", "int", $bcd)
            Return 1
    Else
        If $bits[$bit]<>$stat  Then
            $bits[$bit]=$stat
            $bcd=bin_to_dec($bits)
            DllCall( $DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Out32", "int", "0x378", "int", $bcd)
            Return 1
        Else
            Return 2
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func set_control_bit($bit,$stat=-1); it will write the value of the bit in the control reg of the LPT port
    $y= DllCall($DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Inp32", "int", "0x37a")
    $bits=dec_to_bin($y[0])
    If $stat = -1 Then
        If $bits[$bit]=0 Then
            $bits[$bit]=1
        Else
            $bits[$bit]=0
        EndIf
            $bcd=bin_to_dec($bits)
            DllCall( $DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Out32", "int", "0x37a", "int", $bcd)
            Return 1
    Else
        If $bits[$bit]<>$stat  Then
            $bits[$bit]=$stat
            $bcd=bin_to_dec($bits)
            DllCall( $DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Out32", "int", "0x37a", "int", $bcd)
            Return 1
        Else
            Return 2
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func dec_to_bin($dec)
    Local $bit_array[8]
    If $dec > 255 Then SetError(1,1,-1)
    If $dec < 0 Then SetError(2,1,-1)
    For $i=7 To 0 Step -1
        If $dec >= 2^$i Then
            $bit_array[$i] = 1
            $dec=$dec-2^$i
        Else
            $bit_array[$i] = 0
        EndIf
    Next
    Return $bit_array
EndFunc

Func bin_to_dec($bit_array)
    If IsArray($bit_array) Then
        If UBound($bit_array) = 8 Then
            $dec=0
            For $i=7 To 0 Step -1
                $dec = $bit_array[$i]*(2^$i)+$dec
            Next
        Else
            SetError(2,1,-1)
        EndIf
    Else
        SetError(1,1,-1)
    EndIf
    Return $dec
EndFunc
Edited by Blinky
1 person likes this

very interesting , thx for this code.

thanks for this! looks like the most can be run in my program. using send bits is the important things in the real works.so we can build more auto machines!

but still hope autoit have its port api function groups may be can run it quickly.just like the LABVIEW. :zorro: 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello all,
      I've been working on 4 standalone scripts. They each have their own GUI and are now independent .exe's. But instead of having 4 separate icons on my computer, is it possible to put them all together into one .exe?
      What I want is one interface with tabs. Each script's GUI would be on their own respective tab. Is this possible?
      The different scripts don't need to communicate with one another. I just want them all in one .exe.
      I can't find this anywhere... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    • tarretarretarre
      By tarretarretarre
      AutoIt-SocketIo
      Yep yep, this is pretty much an attempt to port the existing project's concept https://socket.io/ to AutoIt's Codebase. So i will not go in to so much detail.
      This is how the communication is done http://i.imgur.com/0mMfsBD.png Each client is isolated to the server http://i.imgur.com/rVO2LFb.png Features
      Easy API VarType Translation (Example: If the server sends an int, the client will receive an int and vice versa) Fully featured examples Data encryption (Using Autoit's UDF Crypt.au3) Limitations / Drawbacks
      Every Broadcast/Emit is limited to a maximum of 16 parameters Every Callback Function has to have the same number of parameters as the Broadcasted/Emited event It is not possible to Broadcast/Emit objects Only 1D-arrays are allowed to be Broadcasted/Emitted (2D arrays will probably never be supported) Changelog
      Version 1.4.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Added a new server method: _Io_getSockets which will return an array of all sockets. See more in the doc Added a banning-system, see more at: _Io_getBanlist, _Io_Ban, _Io_Sanction, _Io_IsBanned Added a new default event for clients banned. See more at default events Added two new client and server methods _Io_setEventPreScript And _Io_setEventPostScript. The intent for these is to not DRY when doing debug \ tasks that requires to be ran before or after events. Added a new client and server method _Io_ClearEvents. Added a third optional parameter to _Io_On called $socket, you may only pass the socket returned from _Io_Listen or _Io_Connect. The intent for this change is to allow for server + client in the same envoirment. Added a second parameter to _Io_Loop called $WhoAmI which should used with the new enums $_IO_SERVER and $_IO_CLIENT. The intent for this change is to allow for server + client in the same envoirment. Added a new client method _Io_TransferSocket. Added a new server method _Io_getActiveSocketCount. Optimations, avoiding Redims and unnecessary nested arrays as good as possible etc. Version 1.3.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Got rid of unnecessary Redims with sockets and subscriptions in the main loop (This increased write performence greatly) Changed $iMaxDeadSocketsBeforeTidy from 100 to 1000 Changed _Io_setRecvPackageSize($nPackageSize = 2048) to _Io_setRecvPackageSize($nPackageSize = 4096) because 2017. Added Tests for both subscriptions and the automatic TidyUp Added a new server method: _Io_getMaxConnections Added a new server method: _Io_getMaxDeadSocketsCount Added a fifth parameter to the _Io_Listen method called $iMaxConnections which defaults to 100000. If the iMaxConnection + 1 user connects, they will be instantly disconnected. Added a parameter to _Io_Disconnect called $socket which defaults to null. If the iMaxConnections + 1 client connects, they will be instantly disconnected. Version 1.2.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Added an option to set the packet-size of TCP-transports, see _Io_setRecvPackageSize Got rid of unnecessary StringLen's in _Io_loop Changed __Io_TidyUp to _Io_TidyUp and added it to the public Api reference list. Changed $iMaxDeadSocketsBeforeTidy default value from 1000 to 100 and added an option to disable it, read more at _Io_Listen Changed $bAutoReconnect from False to True. Fixed gitignore epicZ fail Improvemend Documentation Version 1.1.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Fixed bug when Emitting / Broadcasting without any parameters causing a $fCallback crash Optimized Package-handling once again. Added 1D-Array support (Endless nestning). Added Subscriptions (See _Io_Subscribe _Io_Unsubscribe and _Io_BroadcastToRoom). Added new example for subscriptions (Be sure to use different room names when joining with clients) Added Unit testing (See Tests\Runner.au3 and Tests\Tests.au3, to run tests you need a udf found here: https://github.com/tarreislam/Autoit-Unit-Tester) Version 1.0.0
      (This update DOES NOT break scripts) Added data encryption (Using Autoit's UDF Crypt.au3) See more at _Io_EnableEncryption Added new method _Io_Disconnect which can be used with both servers and clients Improved package-handling to increase performance Increased the limit of Broadcasted/Emit parameters from 10 to 16 Api methods
      Server methods
      _Io_Listen($iPort, $iAddress = @IPAddress1, $iMaxPendingConnections = Default, $iMaxDeadSocketsBeforeTidy = 1000, $iMaxConnections = 100000) _Io_Subscribe(ByRef $socket, $sRoomName) _Io_Unsubscribe(ByRef $socket, $sRoomName = null) _Io_Broadcast(ByRef $socket, $sEventName, $p1, $p2, ...$p16)  
      _Io_BroadcastToAll(ByRef $socket, $sEventName, $p1, $p2, ...$p16) _Io_BroadcastToRoom(ByRef $socket, $sDesiredRoomName, $sEventName, $p1, $p2, ...$p16) _Io_socketGetProperty(ByRef $socket, $sProp = Default) _Io_getSockets($bForceUpdate = False, $socket = $__g_io_mySocket, $whoAmI = $__g_io_whoami) _Io_getDeadSocketCount() _Io_getSocketsCount() _Io_getActiveSocketCount() _Io_getMaxConnections() _Io_getMaxDeadSocketsCount() _Io_getBanlist($iEntry = Default) _Io_Ban($socketOrIp, $nTime = 3600, $sReason = "Banned", $sIssuedBy = "system") _Io_Sanction($socketOrIp) _Io_IsBanned($socketOrIp) _Io_TidyUp() Client methods
      _Io_Connect($iAddress, $iPort, $bAutoReconnect = True) _Io_Reconnect(ByRef $socket) Server and Client methods
      _Io_setEventPreScript($fCallback) _Io_setEventPostScript($fCallback) _Io_getVer() _Io_On(Const $sEventName, Const $fCallback, $socket = $__g_io_mySocket) _Io_Emit(ByRef $socket, $sEventName, $p1, $p2, ...$p16) _Io_Loop(ByRef $socket, $whoAmI = $__g_io_whoami) _Io_LoopFacade() _Io_EnableEncryption($sFileOrKey, $CryptAlgId = $CALG_AES_256) _Io_Disconnect($socket = null) _Io_setRecvPackageSize($nPackageSize = 4096) _Io_ClearEvents() _Io_TransferSocket(ByRef $from, ByRef $to) Default events
      Server events
      connection Client events
      banned Server and Client events
      disconnect View source on github

Autoit-Socket-IO-1.0.0.zip (OLD!)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.1.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.3.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.4.0.zip (NEWEST 2017-08-11)
    • timmalos
      By timmalos
      Hello all.
      In case this is interesting few of you, I share my AMCP 2.1 protocol UDF in AutoIT. This protocol is used by CasparCG server, which is a Windows and Linux software used to play out professional graphics, audio and video to multiple outputs as a layerbased real-time compositor. It has been in 24/7 broadcast production since 2006. It's free and opensource.
      The UDF I share allows communication between an AutoIt based client and the CasparCG, based on following documentation : http://casparcg.com/wiki/CasparCG_2.1_AMCP_Protocol
      If you want more details on CasparCG :  official WebSite or have a look to this video
      I'm currently building a full Client based on AutoIt, with many features like drag-and-drop layers, but sadly I can't share it right now, might come later. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any or need a basic example.
      The only requirement for this UDF is the other Event-driven TCP UDF by Kip

AMCP_shared.au3
      TCP.au3
    • AlecSadler
      By AlecSadler
      Hello friends, today I am sharing a script I've been working on called secure interface module.
      It's a SSL encrypted Instant Messenger, with optional 4D Holographic Encryption. (See THIS thread for more info about DARTIS)
      To sign up for an account visit https://pdglobal.net (You will need to use a valid email)
      Script is attached, to use just extract and run SIM32.exe or SIM.au3
      Warning: There might be bugs. This is an early alpha version, if you find something that needs fixed, please fix it if you can or report it here in the thread so I can look into fixing it.
      Download: https://pdglobal.net/?pid=SIM#SIM

• kingjacob90
      By kingjacob90
      Hi
      I am trying to send a file over TCP from a TCP client to server. If I run the server and client on the same computer the file is send fine, but if the server is on one computer on the network and the client on another the file is sent in what looks like more than one packet. In other words the server receives 4 msg from the client.
      Why is this, how do I make it send in one go, or what is a way around it?
      Side Note: TCP server has a max of 999999999