Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlazerV60

File Finding Help

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make a script that tells me the location of a specified file, in this case lets say I'm searching for a file named "hamster.jpg"

So I want to search my entire computer for this file, so I'm using Melba's UDF (RecFileListToArray).

My problem is that I seem to only be able to find hamster.jpg if I do a search for ".jpg" (as seen in my code below). This also shows me all the other .jpg's I have on my computer, which is fine.

If I do a search for "hamster", I won't see any results. So it seems like I can only search file extensions and not the file name itself. Can anyone guide me on how to make my code search for file names as well?

Thank you,

Brian

#include <Array.au3> 
#include <RecFileListToArray.au3>

Example() 

Func Example()    
   Local $aArray, $aDrives = DriveGetDrive("FIXED") ;Makes sure all the drives are searched 
   If @error = 0 Then     
      For $i = 1 To $aDrives[0]         
         $aArray = _RecFileListToArray($aDrives[$i] & "", "*.jpg", 1, 1, 0, 2)          
         If @error Then            
            ContinueLoop        
         EndIf           
         For $j = 1 To $aArray[0]                
            ConsoleWrite($aArray[$j] & @CRLF)      
         Next   
      Next  
   EndIf 
   EndFunc   ;==>Example

So in the above code, if I change the "*.jpg" to "*hamster", I won't be able to find my hamster picture D:.

EDIT: I figured it out. Wow.. The only different thing I had to do in order to find the file name was write "hamster" on the left side of the * instead of the right side of the *

Edited by BlazerV60

you can also use _FileListToArrayRec :

$aArray =_FileListToArrayRec ( $aDrives[$i] , "hamster.jpg" , 1 , 1 )

Thanks for your feedback,

The _FileListToArrayRec seems to be doing the same thing for me.

If I change the "hamster.jpg" parameter to "hamster" i can't find the picture, but if i change it to ".jpg" or "hamster.jpg" then I can find it. Is there a way to find it without having to enter in the extension?

BlazerV60,

Is there a way to find it without having to enter in the extension?

If a file has an extension you need to tell the function that it exists - by searching for simply "hamster" you will only get files of that name with no extension returned. ;)

Try this:

$aArray =_FileListToArrayRec($aDrives[$i], "hamster.*", 1, 1)
Now the function will return all files which are named hamster and have (or indeed do not have) an extension - which should include the one for which you are looking, but might well include others too. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• dadalt95
      By dadalt95
      Perform a simple google search!
      The script below works fine until fill the google form!
      What I can't find is how to submit the form, tried a couple of ways and none of them worked.

#include <IE.au3> $oIE = _IECreate ("www.google.com") $o_form = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "f") $o_login = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($o_form, "q") $username = "80251369" _IEFormElementSetValue ($o_login, $username) $o_numer = _IEGetObjByName($o_form, "btnK") _IEAction ($o_numer, "click")  
      The code runs without any problem.
      I don't know how to proceed!
      Thanks in advance!
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dears
      how are you? I hope You fine
      I have a question please
      I've created a listView
      It has several columns
      Is there any way  to search for text in an element of this list with text in all columns
      for example
      list view with 2 column
      the first is the file name and the second is the file path
      and i want to search for the item witch Containt the name and the path toGether
      I searched a lot but could not find what I was looking for
      If you do not understand the idea that I'm looking for, I can put an example
      Thanks in advance
    • lewisg
      By lewisg
      Suddenly a RunWait command has stop working after 2 years of no errors, issues, or problems. The code uses RunWait to start Plink.exe, a command-line remote connection tool similar to UNIX ssh. I'm using it to ssh to a linux (Centos) machine, run a Perl script, and redirect the output to a file on a PC running the AutoIt script.  

$FilePath = "C:\AutoIT\LED" $FilePathPlus = $FilePath & "\plink.exe" $Code1 = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt ", @SW_SHOW) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " = ' & @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console The ConsoleWrite output when cut-n-pasted into a DOS box produces the expected file so I know it works. I've also tried many variations of the function moving, adding, and changing the " and ' (quote) marks. Also tried it without the @ComSpec macro and other related functions...e.g.  ShellExecuteWait , etc.
      The PC is a Windows 10 64bit and AutoIT is version 3.3.14.2.
      Searching here and Google has not yielded any clues that helped. 
    • Ignacio
      By Ignacio
      Hello, and good day
      Im trying to make a sentence autocompleter so that when you type certain words (or commands) the scripts, and im in need of help/pointers
      That is what i have at the time and the issues i have currently is that:
      - I cant find an easy way to reset the counter to 0 in case a different letter from those are pressed ( tried NOT _ispressed but i think i got it wrong)
      -Is there another way to detect the key press that _ispressed? (i couldnt find it so far), since i feel like it is too clunky ( although maybe that is just me and my way to code)
      - for some reason the hex code (6F) for the / (divide nume pad) isnt working for me

Im thinking of making a text file with some words to use them as variables/comparations  (so that at least removes the need of a variable for the words in the script) and make the script make a temporal text file to save the input and then compare it with the other one. But i dont know if that is a good approach.
      Thanks for your time and patience.
    • Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Hello everyone,
      I'm working on a task where, a PDF file is opened (in IE browser) when I click a link in a website.
      I have to read the first page of the PDF to find particular strings. Can you please share some ideas?