Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlazerV60

File Finding Help

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make a script that tells me the location of a specified file, in this case lets say I'm searching for a file named "hamster.jpg"

So I want to search my entire computer for this file, so I'm using Melba's UDF (RecFileListToArray).

My problem is that I seem to only be able to find hamster.jpg if I do a search for ".jpg" (as seen in my code below). This also shows me all the other .jpg's I have on my computer, which is fine.

If I do a search for "hamster", I won't see any results. So it seems like I can only search file extensions and not the file name itself. Can anyone guide me on how to make my code search for file names as well?

Thank you,

Brian

#include <Array.au3> 
#include <RecFileListToArray.au3>

Example() 

Func Example()    
   Local $aArray, $aDrives = DriveGetDrive("FIXED") ;Makes sure all the drives are searched 
   If @error = 0 Then     
      For $i = 1 To $aDrives[0]         
         $aArray = _RecFileListToArray($aDrives[$i] & "", "*.jpg", 1, 1, 0, 2)          
         If @error Then            
            ContinueLoop        
         EndIf           
         For $j = 1 To $aArray[0]                
            ConsoleWrite($aArray[$j] & @CRLF)      
         Next   
      Next  
   EndIf 
   EndFunc   ;==>Example

So in the above code, if I change the "*.jpg" to "*hamster", I won't be able to find my hamster picture D:.

EDIT: I figured it out. Wow.. The only different thing I had to do in order to find the file name was write "hamster" on the left side of the * instead of the right side of the *

Edited by BlazerV60

you can also use _FileListToArrayRec :

$aArray =_FileListToArrayRec ( $aDrives[$i] , "hamster.jpg" , 1 , 1 )

Thanks for your feedback,

The _FileListToArrayRec seems to be doing the same thing for me.

If I change the "hamster.jpg" parameter to "hamster" i can't find the picture, but if i change it to ".jpg" or "hamster.jpg" then I can find it. Is there a way to find it without having to enter in the extension?

BlazerV60,

Is there a way to find it without having to enter in the extension?

If a file has an extension you need to tell the function that it exists - by searching for simply "hamster" you will only get files of that name with no extension returned. ;)

Try this:

$aArray =_FileListToArrayRec($aDrives[$i], "hamster.*", 1, 1)
Now the function will return all files which are named hamster and have (or indeed do not have) an extension - which should include the one for which you are looking, but might well include others too. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      We can get a list of file using the below code.
      Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir, "*") Is there any option to use the above one recursively to get sub folders and their contents also.??
      And also, is there any way to serialize the above array locally to some file and load it later when we want in another program on another machine so that we can compare its contents with a folder in different machine, which is not network connected also.?
    • gononono64
      By gononono64
      Hey there,
      I'm having some issues quick-sorting my 2d array imported from a database. Im trying to sort the array based on the name that would be returned in $array[$n][2]. The code i posted works for smaller arrays but for some reason when i try to sort my imported array (around 9000 indexes), I get "Recursion level has been exceeded". I understand that this is maybe due to lack of returns but i couldn't find an ideal spot to stick em and again it seems to work with smaller bits of code. Could it be that 9000 is too much?
      I would normally just trial and error it until i figured it out but due to the length of time to load and buffer my array it's become too time consuming. Really I'm just hoping there is a quick fix that someone with more experience happens to know.
      Thank you

;;---------------------------------------------This Works---------------------------------------------------- Local $a[7][2] = [ _ ["1", "asdfashks"], _ ["2", "SubStrlkghjing1"], _ ["3", "jdfghjsergh"], _ ["4", "nertynert"], _ ["5", "cvbncvjkrt"], _ ["6", "avbncvjkrt"], _ ["7", "oytuoyuop"]] Quicksort($a,1,0,6) _ArrayDisplay($a) ;;------------------------------------------This Does Not--------------------------------------------------------- Quicksort($aLargeData, 1, 0, Ubound($aLargeData) - 1) _ArrayDisplay($aLargeData) ;;----------------------------------------Quicksort Function------------------------------------------------------ Func Quicksort(ByRef $Array, $secondIndex, $First, $Last) Local $pivot, $i, $j, $temp If $First < $Last Then $pivot = $First $i = $First $j = $Last While ($i < $j) While (StringCompare($Array[$i][$secondIndex], $Array[$pivot][$secondIndex]) <= 0) And ($i < $Last) $i += 1 WEnd While (StringCompare($Array[$j][$secondIndex], $Array[$pivot][$secondIndex]) > 0) $j -= 1 WEnd If ($i < $j) Then _ArraySwap($Array, $i, $j) _ArraySwap($Array,$pivot,$j) Quicksort($Array, $secondIndex, $First,$j-1) Quicksort($Array, $secondIndex, $j+1,$Last) WEnd EndIf EndFunc  
    • ur
      By ur
      Hi,

I have a property file format configuration file for our project.
      The sample file is as below.
      BuildLocation:C:\Build BuildExe:erwin Data Modeler r9.7 (64-bit)_2378.exe Release:r9.64.02 Silent:No InstallPath:default Compare :No MartUpgrade :Yes Bit:64 ERwinUpgrade:No License_File:150416-1952 Navigator (ca.com).lic To read this file, I am using below code.
      Func readConfig($sFilePath,$intStartCode) ;Usage: MsgBox(0,"Silent",readConfig(@ScriptDir&"\Config.txt","Silbent")) ;$sReplaceText = "Mani Prakash" ;$sFilePath = "C:\Users\KIRUD01\Desktop\Config.txt" ;$intStartCode = "BuildExe" $arrRetArray = "" $s = _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $arrRetArray);Reading text file and saving it to array $s will show status of reading file.. For $i = 1 To UBound($arrRetArray)-1 $line = $arrRetArray[$i];retrieves taskengine text line by line If StringInStr($line, $intStartCode) Then ConsoleWrite ("Starting point "& $line & @CRLF) return StringStripWS(StringSplit($line,":")[2],$STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING ) EndIf if $i = UBound($arrRetArray)-1 then return "Not Found" Next EndFunc The above code is working to read the particular key value.
      But problem is , if I try to read the key "Bit" it is giving the value of key "BuildExe" as the line contains the word "bit"..
      Can you suggest how to do this. 

If possible I need to fix writeConfig also.

Func writeConfig($sFilePath,$intStartCode,$sReplaceText) ;$sReplaceText = "Mani Prakash" ;$sFilePath = "C:\Users\KIRUD01\Desktop\Config.txt" ;$intStartCode = "BuildExe" $arrRetArray = "" $s = _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $arrRetArray);Reading text file and saving it to array $s will show status of reading file.. $intStartingPointFound = 0 For $i = 1 To UBound($arrRetArray)-1 $line = $arrRetArray[$i];retrieves taskengine text line by line If StringInStr($line, $intStartCode) Then $intStartingPointFound = 1;if found the starting point of the module to copy then set this variable to 1 ConsoleWrite ("Starting point " & @CRLF) $arrRetArray[$i] = $intStartCode & ": " & $sReplaceText ExitLoop EndIf if $i = UBound($arrRetArray)-1 then ConsoleWrite("Not Found" & @CRLF) Next _FileWriteFromArray ($sFilePath, $arrRetArray,1) EndFunc  
    • RyukShini
      By RyukShini
      I was wondering if its possible to make anything like this in AutoIT

function toArr(str) { var ret = Array((str.length + 3) >> 2); // String to array of 32 bit ints for (var i = 0; i < str.length; i += 4) { // FYI: // NaN << x === 0 // x | NaN === x ret[i >> 2] = (str.charCodeAt(i ) << 24) | (str.charCodeAt(i+1) << 16) | (str.charCodeAt(i+2) << 8) | str.charCodeAt(i+3); } return ret; } function megaKdf(pw) { var pwkey = [0x93c467e3, 0x7db0c7a4, 0xd1be3f81, 0x0152cb56]; var arrPw = toArr(pw); var aes = Array((arrPw + 3) >> 2); // Init aes keys for (var i = 0; i < arrPw.length; i += 4) { aes[i >> 2] = new sjcl.cipher.aes([arrPw[i]|0, arrPw[i+1]|0, arrPw[i+2]|0, arrPw[i+3]|0]); } // Generate password key for (var i = 0; i < 65536; i++) { for (var j = 0; j < aes.length; j++) { pwkey = aes[j].encrypt(pwkey); } } return pwkey; } function loginHash(pwKey, email) { var aes = new sjcl.cipher.aes(pwKey); var arrEmail = toArr(email); var hash = [0, 0, 0, 0]; // Compress email with xor for (var i = 0; i < arrEmail.length; i++) { hash[i & 3] ^= arrEmail[i]; } // Generate hash for (var i = 0; i < 16384; i++) { hash = aes.encrypt(hash); } return sjcl.codec.base64.fromBits([hash[0], hash[2]], true, true); } function badRand32() { return Math.floor(0x100000000 * Math.random()); } function generateMasterKey() { return [badRand32(), badRand32(), badRand32(), badRand32()]; } function confirmationLinkHash(pwKey) { var aes = new sjcl.cipher.aes(pwKey); return aes.encrypt([badRand32(), 0, 0, badRand32()]); } function updateHashes(email, pw) { var pwKey = megaKdf(pw); var masterKey = generateMasterKey(); var clHash = confirmationLinkHash(pwKey, masterKey); var lHash = loginHash(pwKey, email); var aes = new sjcl.cipher.aes(pwKey); return lHash; } function htmlentities(str) { return str.replace(/&/g,"&amp;").replace(/"/g,"&quot;").replace(/</g,"&lt;").replace(/>/g,"&gt;").replace(/'/g,"&#39;"); } function analyzeLink(link, pw) { var linkHex = "N/A"; var masterKey = "N/A"; var encMasterKey = "N/A"; var pwHash = "N/A"; var unknown = "N/A"; var email = "N/A"; var spacer = "N/A"; var name = "N/A"; var unknown2 = "N/A"; if (link.substr(0, 27) == "https://mega.co.nz/#confirm") { link = link.substr(27); } if (link.substr(0, 19) == "mega.co.nz/#confirm") { link = link.substr(19); } if (link.substr(0, 8) == "#confirm") { link = link.substr(8); } if (link.search(/^[0-9A-Za-z\-_]*$/) == 0) { link = sjcl.codec.hex.fromBits(sjcl.codec.base64.toBits(link, true)); var pos; for (pos = 94; pos < link.length; pos += 2) { if (link.substr(pos, 2) == "09") { break; } } if (pos < link.length) { var pwKey = megaKdf(pw); var aes = new sjcl.cipher.aes(pwKey); var linkHash = aes.decrypt(sjcl.codec.hex.toBits(link.substr(32, 32))); if (linkHash[1] == 0 && linkHash[2] == 0) { masterKey = (new sjcl.cipher.aes(pwKey)).decrypt(sjcl.codec.hex.toBits(link.substr(0, 32))); masterKey = 'Base64: <span style="color:#f00; font-family:monospace;">' + sjcl.codec.base64.fromBits(masterKey, true, true) + '</span> (hex: <span style="color:#f00; font-family:monospace;">' + sjcl.codec.hex.fromBits(masterKey) + '</span>)'; } else if (pw != "") { masterKey = "Wrong password"; } encMasterKey = '<span style="color:#f00; font-family:monospace;">' + link.substr( 0, 32) + '</span>'; pwHash = '<span style="color:#080; font-family:monospace;">' + link.substr(32, 32) + '</span>'; unknown = '<span style="color:#00f; font-family:monospace;">' + link.substr(64, 30) + '</span>'; email = link.substr(94, pos - 94); spacer = '<span style="color:#0cc; font-family:monospace;">09</span>'; name = link.substr(pos + 2, link.length - 16 - pos - 2); unknown2 = '<span style="color:#000; font-family:monospace;">' + link.substr(link.length - 16) + '</span>'; linkHex = '<span style="font-family:monospace;">' + encMasterKey + " " + pwHash + " " + unknown + ' <span style="color:#888; font-family:monospace;">' + email + '</span> ' + spacer + ' <span style="color:#f0f; font-family:monospace;">' + name + '</span> ' + unknown2 + '</span>'; email = htmlentities(sjcl.codec.utf8String.fromBits(sjcl.codec.hex.toBits(email))) + ' (<span style="color:#888; font-family:monospace;">' + email + '</span>)'; name = htmlentities(sjcl.codec.utf8String.fromBits(sjcl.codec.hex.toBits(name))) + ' (<span style="color:#f0f; font-family:monospace;">' + name + '</span>)'; } } ge("linkHex").innerHTML = linkHex; ge("linkMasterKey").innerHTML = masterKey; ge("linkEncMasterKey").innerHTML = encMasterKey; ge("linkPwHash").innerHTML = pwHash; ge("linkUnknown").innerHTML = unknown; ge("linkEmail").innerHTML = email; ge("linkSpacer").innerHTML = spacer; ge("linkName").innerHTML = name; ge("linkUnknown2").innerHTML = unknown2; }  
    • virhonestum
      By virhonestum
      Hey,
      I've coma accross a very odd problem. I want to download a CSV-File, and process the contents.
      This is the extremely simplyfied AutoIT-Code, given the file is already downloaded:
      $f= @ScriptDir & "\TestFile.csv" $file = FileOpen($f,0) Local $line = FileReadLine($file) MsgBox(0,"",$line) The downloaded CSV file I want to process contains something like this:
      Artikelnummer;EAN-Code;Artikelname;Artikelgewicht;Beschreibung;Kurzbeschreibung;Eigenschaften;Technische-Daten;Bild1;Bild2;Bild3;Bild4;Bild5;Bild6;Bild7;Bild8;Lieferbar;"Lieferbar Ab";Versandzeit;"UVP-Preis inkl. MwSt.";"Preis1";"Preis2";Hersteller L7335272;5420025602129; Mini Light XLR ;0.1000; JB Systems Schwanenhalsleuchte mit XLR Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20070114153500a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;12,90;12,90;6,57; JB Systems L3320502;540207025601636; Mini Light LED BNC ;0.1000; JB Systems LED Schwanenhalsleuchte mit BNC Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20061231171705a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;29,90;25,89;15,26; JB Systems L1332254;542002556023143; Mini Light LED XLR ;0.1000; JB Systems LED Schwanenhalsleuchte mit XLR Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20061231171728a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;29,90;25,89;15,26; JB Systems L8302591;504200256280277; Spiegelkugel 10cm ;0.5000; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 10cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214825a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;5,50;4,90;2,81; JB Systems L7302932;542000256510222; Spiegelkugel 20cm ;0.8400; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 20cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214907a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;12,90;11,50;6,58; JB Systems L2350293;534200562064239; Spiegelkugel 30cm ;2.1300; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 30 cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214956a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;26,90;23,00;13,72; JB Systems L3302984;545200252024246; Spiegelkugel 40cm ;3.5000; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 40cm Durchmesser mit Sicherungsring und einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324215050a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;54,90;49,00;28,00; JB Systems L9302495;542205056225600; Spiegelkugel 50cm ;5.3900; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 50cm Durchmesser mit Sicherungsring und einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324215122a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;89,00;79,00;45,39; JB Systems But the message box that pops up after FileReadLine contains this:
      䅲瑩步汮畭浥爻䕁中䍯摥㭁牴楫敬湡浥㭁牴楫敬来睩捨琻䉥獣桲敩扵湧㭋畲穢敳捨牥楢畮朻䕩来湳捨慦瑥渻呥捨湩獣桥ⵄ慴敮㭂楬搱㭂楬搲㭂楬搳㭂楬搴㭂楬搵㭂楬搶㭂楬搷㭂楬搸㭌楥晥牢慲㬢䱩敦敲扡爠䅢∻噥牳慮摺敩琻≕噐ⵐ牥楳⁩湫氮⁍睓琮∻≐牥楳ㄢ㬢偲敩猲∻䡥牳瑥汬敲ੌ㜳㌵㈷㈻㔴㈰〲㔶〲ㄲ㤻M楮椠䱩杨琠塌刀㬰⸱〰〻J䈠卹獴敭猠卣桷慮敮桡汳汥畣桴攠浩琠塌删䅮獣桬畳献;㬻㭨瑴瀺⼯睷眮數慭灬攮捯洯浥摩愯業慧敳⽯牧⽰楣㈰〷〱ㄴㄵ㌵〰愮橰朻㬻㬻㬻㭊䄻㬀ㄭ㌠呡来;ㄲⰹ〻ㄲⰹ〻㘬㔷㬀䩂⁓祳瑥浳 I've attached both files I use. 
      My guess is, that there's something wrong with the encoding, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Thank you very much for your help
      - virhonestum
      Encodingtester.au3
      TestFile.csv