Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scintilla4evr

XCleaner

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

XCleaner is a simple tool for deleting temporary files and fixing extension problems.

xcleaner.png

OS X Yosemite-like UI is not a part of this app. For now.

Download

Moderator note:

Given the report below be very careful if you decide to download and run this - make sure you take sensible precautions.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Added warning
1 person likes this

I like how it looks, and the code is simple. 

CCleaner tells me there is one thing to clean out of my registry whereas XCleaner tells me there are 453 things. 

Can you have an option to display a list of items that XCleaner plans to delete from the registry?

Just don't use it guys. It totally messed up my registry, since it deleted such associations, like txt, pictures etc. It needs much more bugfixes.

I've just made version 1.1.

Changes:

• Excluding categories from being cleaned up
  • Showing list of files or registry keys XCleaner wants to delete and selecting which ones we want to clean up.
  • HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerFileExts key is not scanned now.

Download

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi everybody,
      i want to optimize my search code, because i don't think that my solution is "acceptable" from development perspective, it might be optimized.
      I have a text file, i read it and i copy all the entries to an Array, then i have to start a search to see if a specific entry is present. I have about ten different strings to search.
      Func FileSearch($file_content_array, $search) $j=0 For $i = 0 To UBound($file_content_array) - 1 $search_result=StringInStr($file_content_array[$i],$search) If $search_result<>0 Then ReDim $searchResultArray[UBound($searchResultArray) + 1] $searchResultArray [$j] = $file_content_array[$i] $j+=1 EndIf Next Return $searchResultArray EndFunc My solution would be ok for a single search, but in case of multiple searches? would it be still good?
      I have thought to use a 2D Array, where the first column is the array-item and the second column is "yes" or "no". But what about the searches? Do i have to use 10 times the function?
      In case of questions: I have to scan a directory and check whether some files are present or not and then write into another file:"yes, it is present", "no, it is not present".
      Thanks in advance
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      I wondered why negative integers I wrote into registry (e.g. negative x-coordinates of a gui if using two monitors and the right one is the main one) wouldn't return right when reading. Now I know: it is saved as an unsigned integer (without algebraic sign). So here is a snippet that is changing unsigned to signed integer:
      Global Const $g_sRegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\" & @ScriptName ; path to registry RegWrite($g_sRegKey, "Value", "REG_DWORD", -2147483647) ; write some negative integer into registry; -2147483647 highest possible negative integer , 2147483648 highest possible positive integer if talking of 32bit Local $sValue = RegRead($g_sRegKey, "Value") ; read out registry ConsoleWrite("Value: " & $sValue & @CRLF) ; show real value in console Local $sResult = _SignedInteger($sValue) ; change to signed value ConsoleWrite("Result: " & $sResult & @CRLF) ; and show it in console Func _SignedInteger($iUnsignedInteger) Local $iSignedInteger If $iUnsignedInteger > (2^31) Then ; then it means a negative integer $iSignedInteger = $iUnsignedInteger - (2^32) Else $iSignedInteger = $iUnsignedInteger EndIf Return $iSignedInteger EndFunc It took me some time to find out the problem and so I hope I can help somebody with this.
      Regards, Conrad
    • GreenSparks
      By GreenSparks
      Hi!
      I post here because i was wonderring if someone in this forum could help me with my script.
      What i'm trying to do, is to basically install a new keyboard layout in Windows and activate it. I want to acheive by the registry or the command line, but not with the autoit automation tools, i don't find it stable...
      Thanks for your help and have a good day!
    • Leo1906
      By Leo1906
      Hello guys,
      I'm having a problem right here ..
      I was trying to create a few Registry Values using autoit, but it seems to me that Autoit can't write those values to this specific part of the registry ..
      Here is the code I'm trying to run:
      RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\test\command", "", "REG_SZ", "C:\test\convert.exe %1 geojson|convert") I'm definitly sure that the path is correct. Script is runned with Admin Rights. Everything's fine here.
      It's possible to read other values stored by Windows in this directory:
      MsgBox(0, 0, RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Windows.burn", "Description")) But you can't edit those using Autoit. I don't know what this is. In my eyes it's an Autoit Bug or something like that ...
      Possible solution for me is to write a ".reg" file and run it afterwards, but this is an unclean method I don't really want to use ..
      Any suggestions on this?

Edit: the OS is Windows 7 x64 German Language btw ..
    • ur
      By ur
      I have a registry value in which the name is having \ and when I am trying to delete the registry,it is failing because of \.
      The registry is given below.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{2D46B6DC-2207-486B-B523-A557E6D54B47}] "Version"="9,0,8112,16421" "Locale"="*" "C:\\ProgramData\\Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection\\"="C:\\ProgramData\\Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection\\" Can you please suggest how to delete the last value.