Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Victorique

Capture event from external windows

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Harro,

I am trying to poll Skype for events, I want something to happen when it is minimised.

I have found some code on the forum that almost works, I have been tweaking it, but just can't get the minimise event to work. I would love some help on this. as I am not amamzing at DLL calling and such...

the event handle for $EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZEEND is never hit.. even when i minimise the window, i always get the same event codes.

Here is what I have so far...

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Process.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

Global $hDLL, $hWinEventProc, $hHook

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_HotKey") ; Exit

;Event Constants
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_SOUND = 0x0001 ;An MSAA event indicating that a sound was played.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT = 0x0002 ;An MSAA event indicating that an alert was generated.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_FOREGROUND = 0x0003 ;An MSAA event indicating that the foreground window changed.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUSTART = 0x0004 ;An MSAA event indicating that a menu item on the menu bar was selected.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUEND = 0x0005 ;An MSAA event indicating that a menu from the menu bar was closed.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUPOPUPSTART = 0x0006 ;An MSAA event indicating that a pop-up menu was displayed.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUPOPUPEND = 0x0007 ;An MSAA event indicating that a pop-up menu was closed.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_CAPTURESTART = 0x0008 ;An MSAA event indicating that a window has received mouse capture.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_CAPTUREEND = 0x0009 ;An MSAA event indicating that a window has lost mouse capture.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_DIALOGSTART = 0x0010 ;An MSAA event indicating that a dialog box was displayed.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_DIALOGEND = 0x0011 ;An MSAA event indicating that a dialog box was closed.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_SCROLLINGSTART = 0x0012 ;An MSAA event indicating that scrolling has started on a scroll bar.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_SCROLLINGEND = 0x0013 ;An MSAA event indicating that scrolling has ended on a scroll bar.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_SWITCHSTART = 0x0014 ;An MSAA event indicating that the user pressed ALT+TAB, which activates the switch window.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_SWITCHEND = 0x0015 ;An MSAA event indicating that the user released ALT+TAB.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZESTART = 0x0016 ;An MSAA event indicating that a window object is about to be minimized or maximized.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZEEND = 0x0017 ;An MSAA event indicating that a window object was minimized or maximized.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_MOVESIZESTART = 0x000A ;An MSAA event indicating that a window is being moved or resized.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_MOVESIZEEND = 0x000B ;An MSAA event indicating that the movement or resizing of a window is finished.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_CONTEXTHELPSTART = 0x000C ;An MSAA event indicating that a window entered context-sensitive Help mode.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_CONTEXTHELPEND = 0x000D ;An MSAA event indicating that a window exited context-sensitive Help mode.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_DRAGDROPSTART = 0x000E ;An MSAA event indicating that an application is about to enter drag-and-drop mode.
Global Const $EVENT_SYSTEM_DRAGDROPEND = 0x000F ;An MSAA event indicating that an application is about to exit drag-and-drop mode.

Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_CREATE = 0x8000 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object was created.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_DESTROY = 0x8001 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object was destroyed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_SHOW = 0x8002 ;An MSAA event indicating that a hidden object is being shown.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_HIDE = 0x8003 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object is being hidden.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_REORDER = 0x8004 ;An MSAA event indicating that a container object has added, removed, or reordered its children.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_FOCUS = 0x8005 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object has received the keyboard focus.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTION = 0x8006 ;An MSAA event indicating that the selection within a container object changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTIONADD = 0x8007 ;An MSAA event indicating that an item within a container object was added to the selection.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTIONREMOVE = 0x8008 ;An MSAA event indicating that an item within a container object was removed from the selection.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTIONWITHIN = 0x8009 ;An MSAA event indicating that numerous selection changes occurred within a container object.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_HELPCHANGE = 0x8010 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object's MSAA Help property changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_DEFACTIonchange = 0x8011 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object's MSAA DefaultAction property changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_ACCELERATORCHANGE = 0x8012 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object's MSAA KeyboardShortcut property changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_INVOKED = 0x8013 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object has been invoked; for example, the user has clicked a button.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_TEXTSELECTIonchangeD = 0x8014 ;An MSAA event indicating that an object's text selection has changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_CONTENTSCROLLED = 0x8015 ;An MSAA event indicating that the scrolling of a window object has ended.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_STATECHANGE = 0x800A ;An MSAA event indicating that an object's state has changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_LOCATIonchange = 0x800B ;An MSAA event indicating that an object has changed location, shape, or size.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_NAMECHANGE = 0x800C ;An MSAA event indicating that an object's MSAA Name property changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_DESCRIPTIonchange = 0x800D ;An MSAA event indicating that an object's MSAA Description property changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_VALUECHANGE = 0x800E ;An MSAA event indicating that an object's MSAA Value property changed.
Global Const $EVENT_OBJECT_PARENTCHANGE = 0x800F ;An MSAA event indicating that an object has a new parent object.

;minimum and maximum events
;to monitor one event type only use same event for min/max
Global $EVENT_Min = $EVENT_SYSTEM_SOUND
Global $EVENT_Max = $EVENT_SYSTEM_DRAGDROPEND

$hDLL = DllOpen("User32.dll")
$hWinEventProc = DllCallbackRegister("_WinEventProc", "none", "hwnd;int;hwnd;long;long;int;int")
If Not @error Then
    OnAutoItExitRegister("OnAutoItExit")
Else
    MsgBox(16 + 262144, "Error", "DllCallbackRegister(_WinEventProc) did not succeed.")
    Exit
EndIf

$hHook = _SetWinEventHook($EVENT_Min, $EVENT_Max, $hDLL)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(16 + 262144, "Error", "_SetWinEventHook() did not succeed.")
    Exit
EndIf

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _WinEventProc($hHook, $iEvent, $hWnd, $idObject, $idChild, $iEventThread, $iEventTime)
    Local $PID = WinGetProcess($hWnd), $sEventProcName = _ProcessGetName($PID)
    ConsoleWrite("PID: " & $PID & @TAB & "WinTitle: " & StringLeft(WinGetTitle($hWnd), 30) & @TAB & "EventTime: " & $iEventTime & @TAB & @TAB & "Event: " & $iEvent & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite($idObject)
    if((StringInStr(WinGetTitle($hWnd),"Skype"))>=1) Then
        if($iEvent = $EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZEEND) Then
            ConsoleWrite("Skype has been minimised!!")
        EndIf
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_WinEventProc

Func _SetWinEventHook($iEventMin, $iEventMax, $hDLLUser32)
    Local $aRet
    Local Const $WINEVENT_OUTOFCONTEXT = 0x0
    Local Const $WINEVENT_SKIPOWNPROCESS = 0x2
    If Not $hDLLUser32 Or $hDLLUser32 = -1 Then $hDLLUser32 = "User32.dll"
    $aRet = DllCall($hDLLUser32, "hwnd", "SetWinEventHook", _
            "uint", $iEventMin, _
            "uint", $iEventMax, _
            "hwnd", 0, _
            "ptr", DllCallbackGetPtr($hWinEventProc), _
            "int", 0, _
            "int", 0, _
            "uint", BitOR($WINEVENT_OUTOFCONTEXT, $WINEVENT_SKIPOWNPROCESS))
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, 0, 0)
    Return $aRet[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_SetWinEventHook

Func _HotKey()
    Switch @HotKeyPressed
        Case "{ESC}"
            Exit
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_HotKey

Func OnAutoItExit()
    If $hWinEventProc Then
        Beep(3000, 5)
        DllCallbackFree($hWinEventProc)
    EndIf
    If $hHook Then DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "UnhookWinEvent", "hwnd", $hHook)
    If $hDLL Then DllClose($hDLL)
EndFunc   ;==>OnAutoItExit
Edited by Victorique

I think you're looking for EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZESTART, not for EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZEEND

Hello,

Even that event is not hit, the only ones i get are

9,8 and 3

Try to change:

Global $EVENT_Min = 0x00000001
Global $EVENT_Max = 0x7FFFFFFF

Does it affects in any way?

Brilliant!

though i changed it to

Global $EVENT_Min = $EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZESTART

Global $EVENT_Max = $EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZESTART

your first post was right in the first place, as I did try this before, but with

$EVENT_SYSTEM_MINIMIZEEND

Thank you so much!! ♥

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• tarretarretarre
      By tarretarretarre
      AutoIt-SocketIo
      Yep yep, this is pretty much an attempt to port the existing project's concept https://socket.io/ to AutoIt's Codebase. So i will not go in to so much detail.
      This is how the communication is done http://i.imgur.com/0mMfsBD.png Each client is isolated to the server http://i.imgur.com/rVO2LFb.png Features
      Easy API VarType Translation (Example: If the server sends an int, the client will receive an int and vice versa) Fully featured examples Data encryption (Using Autoit's UDF Crypt.au3) Limitations / Drawbacks
      Every Broadcast/Emit is limited to a maximum of 16 parameters Every Callback Function has to have the same number of parameters as the Broadcasted/Emited event It is not possible to Broadcast/Emit objects Only 1D-arrays are allowed to be Broadcasted/Emitted (2D arrays will probably never be supported) Changelog
      Version 1.4.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Added a new server method: _Io_getSockets which will return an array of all sockets. See more in the doc Added a banning-system, see more at: _Io_getBanlist, _Io_Ban, _Io_Sanction, _Io_IsBanned Added a new default event for clients banned. See more at default events Added two new client and server methods _Io_setEventPreScript And _Io_setEventPostScript. The intent for these is to not DRY when doing debug \ tasks that requires to be ran before or after events. Added a new client and server method _Io_ClearEvents. Added a third optional parameter to _Io_On called $socket, you may only pass the socket returned from _Io_Listen or _Io_Connect. The intent for this change is to allow for server + client in the same envoirment. Added a second parameter to _Io_Loop called $WhoAmI which should used with the new enums $_IO_SERVER and $_IO_CLIENT. The intent for this change is to allow for server + client in the same envoirment. Added a new client method _Io_TransferSocket. Added a new server method _Io_getActiveSocketCount. Optimations, avoiding Redims and unnecessary nested arrays as good as possible etc. Version 1.3.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Got rid of unnecessary Redims with sockets and subscriptions in the main loop (This increased write performence greatly) Changed $iMaxDeadSocketsBeforeTidy from 100 to 1000 Changed _Io_setRecvPackageSize($nPackageSize = 2048) to _Io_setRecvPackageSize($nPackageSize = 4096) because 2017. Added Tests for both subscriptions and the automatic TidyUp Added a new server method: _Io_getMaxConnections Added a new server method: _Io_getMaxDeadSocketsCount Added a fifth parameter to the _Io_Listen method called $iMaxConnections which defaults to 100000. If the iMaxConnection + 1 user connects, they will be instantly disconnected. Added a parameter to _Io_Disconnect called $socket which defaults to null. If the iMaxConnections + 1 client connects, they will be instantly disconnected. Version 1.2.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Added an option to set the packet-size of TCP-transports, see _Io_setRecvPackageSize Got rid of unnecessary StringLen's in _Io_loop Changed __Io_TidyUp to _Io_TidyUp and added it to the public Api reference list. Changed $iMaxDeadSocketsBeforeTidy default value from 1000 to 100 and added an option to disable it, read more at _Io_Listen Changed $bAutoReconnect from False to True. Fixed gitignore epicZ fail Improvemend Documentation Version 1.1.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Fixed bug when Emitting / Broadcasting without any parameters causing a $fCallback crash Optimized Package-handling once again. Added 1D-Array support (Endless nestning). Added Subscriptions (See _Io_Subscribe _Io_Unsubscribe and _Io_BroadcastToRoom). Added new example for subscriptions (Be sure to use different room names when joining with clients) Added Unit testing (See Tests\Runner.au3 and Tests\Tests.au3, to run tests you need a udf found here: https://github.com/tarreislam/Autoit-Unit-Tester) Version 1.0.0
      (This update DOES NOT break scripts) Added data encryption (Using Autoit's UDF Crypt.au3) See more at _Io_EnableEncryption Added new method _Io_Disconnect which can be used with both servers and clients Improved package-handling to increase performance Increased the limit of Broadcasted/Emit parameters from 10 to 16 Api methods
      Server methods
      _Io_Listen($iPort, $iAddress = @IPAddress1, $iMaxPendingConnections = Default, $iMaxDeadSocketsBeforeTidy = 1000, $iMaxConnections = 100000) _Io_Subscribe(ByRef $socket, $sRoomName) _Io_Unsubscribe(ByRef $socket, $sRoomName = null) _Io_Broadcast(ByRef $socket, $sEventName, $p1, $p2, ...$p16)  
      _Io_BroadcastToAll(ByRef $socket, $sEventName, $p1, $p2, ...$p16) _Io_BroadcastToRoom(ByRef $socket, $sDesiredRoomName, $sEventName, $p1, $p2, ...$p16) _Io_socketGetProperty(ByRef $socket, $sProp = Default) _Io_getSockets($bForceUpdate = False, $socket = $__g_io_mySocket, $whoAmI = $__g_io_whoami) _Io_getDeadSocketCount() _Io_getSocketsCount() _Io_getActiveSocketCount() _Io_getMaxConnections() _Io_getMaxDeadSocketsCount() _Io_getBanlist($iEntry = Default) _Io_Ban($socketOrIp, $nTime = 3600, $sReason = "Banned", $sIssuedBy = "system") _Io_Sanction($socketOrIp) _Io_IsBanned($socketOrIp) _Io_TidyUp() Client methods
      _Io_Connect($iAddress, $iPort, $bAutoReconnect = True) _Io_Reconnect(ByRef $socket) Server and Client methods
      _Io_setEventPreScript($fCallback) _Io_setEventPostScript($fCallback) _Io_getVer() _Io_On(Const $sEventName, Const $fCallback, $socket = $__g_io_mySocket) _Io_Emit(ByRef $socket, $sEventName, $p1, $p2, ...$p16) _Io_Loop(ByRef $socket, $whoAmI = $__g_io_whoami) _Io_LoopFacade() _Io_EnableEncryption($sFileOrKey, $CryptAlgId = $CALG_AES_256) _Io_Disconnect($socket = null) _Io_setRecvPackageSize($nPackageSize = 4096) _Io_ClearEvents() _Io_TransferSocket(ByRef $from, ByRef $to) Default events
      Server events
      connection Client events
      banned Server and Client events
      disconnect View source on github

Autoit-Socket-IO-1.0.0.zip (OLD!)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.1.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.3.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.4.0.zip (NEWEST 2017-08-11)
    • luckyluke
      By luckyluke
      Hello,
      Im trying to read the output from CMD using Dllcall, here is my code:
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <array.au3> Global Const $STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE = -11 Global Const $_CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO = _ "struct;int dwSizeX;" & _ "short dwSizeY;" & _ "short dwCursorPositionX;" & _ "short dwCursorPositionY;" & _ "short wAttributes;" & _ "short Left;" & _ "short Top;" & _ "short Right;" & _ "short Bottom;" & _ "short dwMaximumWindowSizeX;" & _ "short dwMaximumWindowSizeY;endstruct" $pCmd = Run( "cmd.exe" ) Sleep(1000) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("") ConsoleWrite('handle:' & $hCmd & @CRLF) $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "AttachConsole", "dword", $pCmd) ;_ArrayDisplay($aRet) If $aRet[0] <> 0 Then $vHandle_data='' $vHandle='' $vHandle_data = DllStructCreate($_CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO) ; Screen Buffer structure $aRet1 = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetStdHandle", "dword", $STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE) if not @error Then $vHandle = $aRet1[0] $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo", "hwnd", $vHandle, _ "ptr", $vHandle_data) MsgBox(0, '1',DllStructGetData($vHandle_data, 'dwSizeX') & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage()) EndIf It did not work, i got the message 'The handle is invalid'. Please help?
      Thank you in advance!
    • MazeM
      By MazeM
      Hi
      here's another UDF for the serial port. It is very similar to CommAPI using kernel32.dll, but all code is packed into a single file without any dependencies, not even using WinAPI.au3. It differs from existing UDF that it doesn't allow a timeout when reading, instead it always returns immediately, either with the requested amount ob bytes read or with a failure status. And of course there is a function provided to query the amount of available bytes in the receive buffer. The reason behind this design decision: You can do 1000 other things in the main loop while checking from time to time if enough data bytes arrived. There's no point to block the program waiting for the serial port.
      It is currently a work-in-progress, as I didn't test all functions yet. The code was developed and tested on Windows 7 64 bit.  The ComUDF-Tests.au3 shows some tests and basic usage of the UDF. Maybe there's no reason to use this UDF, given the existence of the others UDFs, but I did it to get to know DllCall better - I use structs no only to pass but also to get data back (I don't use the array returned by DllCall to read that data, unless required). You're welcome to test it on older and newer Windows versions.
      Here's a list of the implemented functions:
      ; _ComListPorts ; _ComOpenPort ; _ComSetTimeouts ; _ComClosePort ; ; _ComSetBreak ; _ComClearBreak ; _ComGetInputcount ; _ComGetOutputcount ; _ComClearOutputBuffer ; _ComClearInputBuffer ; ; _ComSendByte ; _ComReadByte ; _ComSendBinary ; _ComReadBinary ; ; _ComSendChar ; _ComReadChar ; _ComSendCharArray ; _ComReadCharArray ; _ComSendString ; _ComReadString ; ; __ComClearCommError ; __PurgeComm Maze

ComUDF.au3
      ComUDF-Tests.au3
    • astrionn
      By astrionn
      So I had this Idea of creating a tooltip which shows me my ping.
      That itself was made quickly and I thought too add a couple features.
      I want the tooltip background to be a different color depending on the ping. (good ping is green, medium ping is yellow,...)
      So how do I color in a tooltip? google brought me to this: 

where in the comments I found this:
      $s = "LOW" ToolTip($s, 0, 0, "Battery Information");, $icon) $H_TOOLTIP1 = WinGetHandle($s) DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "wstr", "", "wstr", "") DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "int", 1043, "int", 2552550, "int", 0) Sleep(1000) Which I then used in my code with different color codes... Trial and Error brought me these that I wanted to use:

The Problem is if I loop through my code it only sets the color for the 1st loop and then sticks to it.
      The real problem is tho that I don't exactly understand the dllcalls... And I guess that's why it isn't working
      So if someone would be so awesome to explain to me how they work, or at least can give me a list of these parameters then I would really appreciate that and learn something new
      Obviously a solution to my problem is awesome aswell ^^
      I run this under Windows 8.1
      There is my code in a paste.
      https://pastebin.com/q525f7mS
    • Leo1906
      By Leo1906
      Hello Guys,
      once aggain I need your help on a DLL Topic
      I need to pass arguments to my function via a structure, because I am limited to only one argument that can be passed.
      But I don't think that thats so important.
      So here's my approach:
      C++ Code (just the important part):
      extern "C" { struct ParamStruct { const char* test1; const char* test2; const char* test3; int size; }; int testFunc(struct ParamStruct * params) { return params->size; } } And thats how I try to call the function using Autoit:
      Local $struct = "struct;char shapefile[128];char output[128];char filename[128];int size;endstruct" Local $tTest = DllStructCreate($struct) DllStructSetData($tTest, "test1", "Bla") DllStructSetData($tTest, "test2", "BlaBla") DllStructSetData($tTest, "test3", "BlaBlaBla") DllStructSetData($tTest, "size", 40) $dll = DLLOpen("myDLL.dll") $ret = DllCall($dll, "int:cdecl", "testFunc", "STRUCT*", DllStructGetPtr($tTest)) MsgBox(0, 0, $ret[0]) DllClose($dll) Just for testing I want the function to just return the integer value in the struct.
      But this aint working. I tested many things, but still I'm not able to get it running. I even don't know if the mistakes are in the C++ code or the Autoit code or both .. I'm not that skilled at C++ and also not that skilled at Autoit DLLCalls :-/
      I would really appreciate some help!
      Kind regards,
      leo