Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sonofalion

Count string occurence in ListView

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

is there a way to count how many times a specific string occurs within a listview? I would prefer it if it could be done by searching only a specific column, but if the latter is not feasible, it's still OK.

sonofalion,

_GUICtrlListView_FindInText

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

This will only return the item where the text is found, right? I am looking to perform a count, since the string I am looking for will be found in many items of the listview. I tried to build a function around _GUICtrlListView_FindInText that can do thi, but I failed miserably.

?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>

GUICreate("ListView Get Column", 400, 300)
$idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("col0|col1|col2", 2, 2, 394, 268)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($idListview, 0, 100)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("index 0|data1|more1", $idListview)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("index 1|data6|more2", $idListview)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("index 2|data3|more3", $idListview)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("index 3|data6|more4", $idListview)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("index 4|data5|more5", $idListview)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("index 4|data6|more6", $idListview)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("index 4|data7|more7", $idListview)

Local $txt = "", $search = "data6", $col = 1
For $i = 0 to _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($idListview)-1
   $txt &= _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($idListview, $i, $col)
Next
StringReplace($txt, $search, "")
Msgbox(0,"", @extended & ' occurances of "' & $search & '" found in col ' & $col)

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

mikell, this looks great. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Daka
      By Daka
      I know there are listbox and listview, but now I have?
      here is the video of infowindow 
      I tried to read mouse selection like for listbox:
      $listWindow = "[CLASS:TFormResearchGR]" $topicsList = "[CLASS:TMWrapper; INSTANCE:255]" WinWait($listWindow, "", 60) $hdlWindow = WinGetHandle($listWindow) $hdlList = ControlGetHandle($hdlWindow, "", $topicsList) _GUICtrlListBox_ClickItem($hdlList, 0, "left") $countOfList = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hdlList) ConsoleWrite("Count of list: " & $countOfList & @LF) count of list is not working.
      I realiezed that there are difference between listbox and listview, but this is something different.
      and till now I never saw that you can go inside with infotool and also get instances.

so Im confused how to get the list number and the names of selection?
    • cheeroke
      By cheeroke
      Hi all,
      I got this code and would like to be able to change Baud Rate and instead of sending character by character i would like to be able (if possible) to send whole string. But i don't know how to change it.
      I am taking input from file and processing whole line (this is done in FilesHandling.au3).
      To execute this i am just calling SendData("FileName", int) in "main" script.
      Any help very appreciated.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include "FilesHandling.au3" ;init DLL function, we need handle to call the function $h = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "str", "\\.\COM19", "int", BitOR($GENERIC_READ,$GENERIC_WRITE), "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "int", $OPEN_EXISTING, "int", $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, "int", 0) $handle=$h[0] Func SendData($FileName, $LineNumber) ;string to be send $c = readFile($FileName, $LineNumber) $cLenght = StringLen($c) $aArray = StringSplit($c, "") ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "", Default, 64) For $i = 1 To $cLenght writeChar($handle, $aArray[$i], $cLenght) Next ;move to next line writeChar($handle, @CR,1) EndFunc ;write a single char func writeChar($handle,$c,) $stString = DLLStructCreate("char str") $lpNumberOfBytesWritten = 0 DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $c) $res = _WinAPI_WriteFile($handle, DllStructGetPtr($stString, "str"), 1,$lpNumberOfBytesWritten) if ($res<>true) then ConsoleWrite ( _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @LF) EndIf EndFunc  
    • FroVN
      By FroVN
      Hi, i have a problem :" can't set the name of file with a special character like: \;/;";|;...  have anyway to short the StringInSrt and Stringreplace? i am using this code but too long
      $title=InputBox(0,'','','')
         if StringInStr($title,'\') or StringInStr($title,'/') or StringInStr($title,':') or StringInStr($title,'*') or StringInStr($title,'?') or StringInStr($title,'"') or StringInStr($title,'<') or StringInStr($title,'>') or StringInStr($title,'|') Then
             $title=StringReplace($title,'\','-')
              $title=StringReplace($title,'/','-')
               $title=StringReplace($title,':','-')
                $title=StringReplace($title,'*','-')
                 $title=StringReplace($title,'?','-')
                  $title=StringReplace($title,'"','-')
                   $title=StringReplace($title,'<','-')
                    $title=StringReplace($title,'>','-')
                     $title=StringReplace($title,'|','-')
         EndIf

• AndyS19
      By AndyS19
      I have a listview with 3 columns and I want to set the 3rd column's color based on the item's 'Param' value, but even though I set up for the 3rd column, the entire row always gets the color.
      My test code is below, but here is the pertinent code:
      Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam Local $hWndFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hListView Switch $iCode Case $NM_CUSTOMDRAW Local $iDrawStage, $tCustDraw $tCustDraw = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, $ilParam) $iDrawStage = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwDrawStage') Switch $iDrawStage Case BitOR(0, $CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT) ;, $CDDS_SUBITEM) setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWndFrom) Return $CDRF_NOTIFYSUBITEMDRAW EndSwitch EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWnd) Local $iIndex, $color, $iSubitem $iIndex = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwItemSpec') ; item number $color = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam($hWnd, $iIndex) $iSubitem = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem') ; Here, I want to only change the color of the 3rd col, and not the 1st and 2nd cols DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem', 2) ; always use the 3rd column (the 'sample' col) logmsg("+++: setItemColor($tCustDraw, 0x" & Hex($hWnd) & ") entered ... " _ & ", $iIndex = " & $iIndex & ", $iSubItem = " & $iSubitem & ", $color = " & Hex($color)) DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrText', $color) ; set the Text color DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrTextBk', bitnot($color)) ; set the background color EndFunc ;==>setItemColor Func logmsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & ": " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>logmsg
      Here is the full test code:
      #include-once ;#cs #NoTrayIcon #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) ; ESC closes GUI? (0 = no, 1 = yes) Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Change to OnEvent mode Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) OnAutoItExitRegister("_test_exit") Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) ;0=default, 1=just notification, 2=GuiCtrlRead tab index Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase #include <GuiListBox.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> Global $__MCP_obj, $__MCP_GUI_hWnd, $idListView, $hListView Global $hMainWin test() Exit Func test() $hMainWin = GUICreate("Test window", 120, 100, @DesktopWidth / 2, -1) GUICtrlCreateButton("Hwnd", 10, 10, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "handle_1stTEST_btn") GUICtrlCreateButton("ID", 50, 10, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "handle_2ndTEST_btn") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_test_exit") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While (1) Sleep(17) WEnd EndFunc ;==>test Func _myColorPicker($obj) logmsg("+++: $obj = 0x" & Hex($obj) & @CRLF) Local $flags = 0 Local $ww, $wh, $x, $y, $w, $h $__MCP_obj = $obj $ww = 350 $wh = 500 $x = 200 $y = 150 $__MCP_GUI_hWnd = GUICreate("myColorPicker", $ww, $wh, $x, $y, $flags) $x = 10 $y = 10 $w = 150 $h = 20 GUICtrlCreateButton("Set caller's color", $x, $y, $w, $h) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "__MCP_handle_SetColor_btn") $y += $h + 5 $w = $ww - 25 $h = $wh - 100 $idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", $x, $y, $w, $h, -1, BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)) $hListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListView) $x = $ww / 2 - 50 $y = $wh - 60 $w = 100 $h = 25 GUICtrlCreateButton("Quit Popup", $x, $y, $w, $h) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "__MCP_handle_QUIT_btn") GUICtrlSetFont($idListView, 8.5, -1, -1, "courier new") _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Name", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Value", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Sample", 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($idListView, 0, 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($idListView, 1, 80) logmsg("+++: $idListView = " & $idListView) logmsg("+++: $hListView = 0x" & Hex($hListView)) __MCP_populateListView($hListView) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>_myColorPicker Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam Local $hWndFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hListView Switch $iCode Case $NM_CUSTOMDRAW Local $iDrawStage, $tCustDraw $tCustDraw = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, $ilParam) $iDrawStage = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwDrawStage') Switch $iDrawStage Case BitOR(0, $CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT) ;, $CDDS_SUBITEM) setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWndFrom) Return $CDRF_NOTIFYSUBITEMDRAW EndSwitch EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWnd) Local $iIndex, $color, $iSubitem $iIndex = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwItemSpec') ; item number $color = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam($hWnd, $iIndex) $iSubitem = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem') ; Here, I want to only change the color of the 3rd col, and not the 1st and 2nd cols DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem', 2) ; always use the 3rd column (the 'sample' col) logmsg("+++: setItemColor($tCustDraw, 0x" & Hex($hWnd) & ") entered ... " _ & ", $iIndex = " & $iIndex & ", $iSubItem = " & $iSubitem & ", $color = " & Hex($color)) DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrText', $color) ; set the Text color DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrTextBk', bitnot($color)) ; set the background color EndFunc ;==>setItemColor Func logmsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & ": " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>logmsg Func __MCP_exit() GUIDelete($__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_exit Func __MCP_handle_SetColor_btn() If (IsHWnd($__MCP_obj)) Then GUISetBkColor($COLOR_BLUE, $__MCP_obj) Else GUICtrlSetBkColor($__MCP_obj, $COLOR_BLUE) EndIf EndFunc ;==>__MCP_handle_SetColor_btn Func __MCP_populateListView($hWnd) Local $text, $parts, $iIndex Local Static $aItems[] = [ _ "BLACK | " & $CLR_BLACK & "|" & "", _ "BLUE | " & $CLR_BLUE & "|" & "", _ "RED | " & $CLR_RED & "|" & "", _ "WHITE | " & $CLR_WHITE & "|" & "", _ "YELLOW | " & $CLR_YELLOW & "|" & "" _ ] _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($hWnd) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($hWnd) For $ndx = 0 To UBound($aItems) - 1 $text = $aItems[$ndx] $parts = StringSplit($text, "|", 2) $parts[0] = StringStripWS($parts[0], 3) $parts[2] = StringStripWS($parts[2], 3) $iIndex = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hWnd, $parts[0], -1, $parts[1]) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hWnd, $iIndex, Hex($parts[1]), 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hWnd, $iIndex, $parts[0], 2) Next _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_populateListView Func __MCP_handle_QUIT_btn() GUIDelete($__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_handle_QUIT_btn Func handle_1stTEST_btn() _myColorPicker($hMainWin) EndFunc ;==>handle_1stTEST_btn Func handle_2ndTEST_btn() _myColorPicker(@GUI_CtrlId) EndFunc ;==>handle_2ndTEST_btn Func _test_exit() Exit EndFunc ;==>_test_exit  
    • JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I need a random string generator which creates 15 letters/numbers.
      How can I make that?